Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 10-01-2019, 05:50 AM   #1
captnd

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
DynoSteve to the rescue

UPDATE:

Spoke with DynoSteve and he is taking care of the situation. Would appear that I did indeed order from the wrong section of the RDPSTORE. Called and spoke with Steve and we are going to get the right system for my car.

I want to extend my gratitude to Steve in regards to this. I could be out the $650 but instead we are going to get the right solution for the job and he has gained a customer for life because of it.

Last edited by captnd; 10-01-2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: I was wrong
captnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Welcome to world of low prices not always being best service.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:15 AM   #3
captnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Welcome to world of low prices not always being best service.

You are totally correct; I assumed since I see RDP all over this site that it would be a legit purchase with no issues, hard lesson learned I guess.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
2SSFifty

Drives: 2017 2SS Fifty
Unless the website was updated I don't see any livewire product listed under the 6th gen section. They are all listed under the 5th gen section.
2SSFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:39 AM   #5
captnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSFifty View Post
Unless the website was updated I don't see any livewire product listed under the 6th gen section. They are all listed under the 5th gen section.
Just checked and you are right, going to go ahead and say they edited the site. Even right now they are offering tuning for SCT products for the 6th Gen and if you check with SCT not a single SCT product is supported on their site, only BDX.

Also to the point, why can't i just return it and switch it for something that does work? That blows my mind, it's not as if it's been used or tampered with since I can't do a damn thing with it.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #6
captnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Not how it happened

Firstly you told the consultant on the phone at RDP that they were stupid so not a good way to get someone to help you.
Secondary you ordered a programmer that was not for your car from the Gen5 section Not the Gen6 section and if you had asked someone here before you ordered we would have told you that it was not correct for your car as theres no point in supplying you something that will not work with your vehicle and a waste of both your and our time. This was your mistake and Not ours and posting on forums and claiming people are bad when it was you that made the mistake not us is rude and unprofessional, we would have been wiling to work with you and change out the unit if you had not have been rude to the person on the phone. The Ball is in your court now, a nice person would ring up and firstly appologise for being rude to the person they spoke to and then ask what could be done to get you into the right item.

I never said the person was stupid, even clarified that when they said i said that, worked in customer support for many years and know that is not the way to get customer service so why would i do it? The person flat out hung up when all I was trying to do is exactly what you mentioned, work out on how to make it right.

You heard one side of the story but when I get hung up on what do you expect me to do? That right there is a sign that they don't want to deal with me and I have hit a wall. I come to the one place where I go to for all my research. The only reason I went through your store was because of this forum.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #7
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnd View Post
UPDATE:

Spoke with DynoSteve and he is taking care of the situation. Would appear that I did indeed order from the wrong section of the RDPSTORE. Called and spoke with Steve and we are going to get the right system for my car.

I want to extend my gratitude to Steve in regards to this. I could be out the $650 but instead we are going to get the right solution for the job and he has gained a customer for life because of it.
Glad to hear this was worked out. Steve's customer support has always been excellent, so it's good you were able to connect and resolve this.