Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Don't get me wrong protovack and 18i4m6, the car is fun and at the end of the day I actually had quite a bit of fun driving the car. Apparently you have to hold the traction button down for the 10 second rule before you can have fun on gravel roads though. IMO, one of the drawbacks was the audible stimulation was not there for me even though the car was fun to drive, nimble, and surprisingly quick. I've just grown up around V8 engines and when a car idles by you can kicks you in the chest with every lope, that to me is exciting.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:27 PM   #16
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
when a car idles by you can kicks you in the chest with every lope, that to me is exciting.

For sure! I need a Sunday build project now as well... lol

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:39 PM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I had to bring my X5 50i in for recall work a few weeks ago and they gave me a loaner. It was the X1 which has a 4cyl turbo. Now this is going from the V8 TT engine in my X5 to the X1 with a 4cyl turbo. Initially I thought the X1 was peppy and sporty. It felt kind nice and light on it's feet. And it did move a bit. But after a day of driving it that lack of torque and HP started to annoy me. Mainly when trying to merge in traffic. By the second day I was sick of it. I'm just glad that my X5 was finished and I was able to go pick it up. After 2 days of X1 driving, getting back into my X5 and feeling that HP and TQ was like a breath of fresh air. I teased myself with the idea that I might consider an X1 as a purchase on the first day having it as a loaner. But by day 2 when I thought about how I would have to live with it for a long time if I bought one, I realized I just could not do it.

Now none of this is to knock turbo4 or the 6cyl guys. They are cool cars and are fun to drive and are enjoyable. But if your priority is HP and performance, then you will probably be dissatisfied.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:04 AM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I had to bring my X5 50i in for recall work a few weeks ago and they gave me a loaner. It was the X1 which has a 4cyl turbo. Now this is going from the V8 TT engine in my X5 to the X1 with a 4cyl turbo. Initially I thought the X1 was peppy and sporty. It felt kind nice and light on it's feet. And it did move a bit. But after a day of driving it that lack of torque and HP started to annoy me. Mainly when trying to merge in traffic. By the second day I was sick of it. I'm just glad that my X5 was finished and I was able to go pick it up. After 2 days of X1 driving, getting back into my X5 and feeling that HP and TQ was like a breath of fresh air. I teased myself with the idea that I might consider an X1 as a purchase on the first day having it as a loaner. But by day 2 when I thought about how I would have to live with it for a long time if I bought one, I realized I just could not do it.

Now none of this is to knock turbo4 or the 6cyl guys. They are cool cars and are fun to drive and are enjoyable. But if your priority is HP and performance, then you will probably be dissatisfied.
I agree. My car before the cam was powerful, but after the cam it is just great. I say that because I agree 100% on your opinion of missing the power during traffic. After I got my cam, the top end power to navigate high speed congestion was absolutely incredible where the 4 cylinder did better than my wife's impala, was no match for my SS, obviously.

However, my initial point of this thread stands with "don't knock it until you try it" because the 4 cylinder turbo is more fun than I ever thought it would be.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:49 PM   #19
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Honestly I think the 2.0T 1LE would be a hoot to have.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #20
67rstbkt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 1967 Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
That's funny. What did you come from before you SS?

I used to have a 94 Z28 that I got rid of over 10 years ago. I have and still drive my 67 Firebird, but that car is rough on the body and just isn't that great as a daily driven car.
67rstbkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 cylinder, turbo, turbo 4 cylinder