Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 04-06-2019, 09:47 PM   #15
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Local roads = windows down.
Highway speeds = windows up (sometimes)
I have to experiment more but this seems to make sense.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:45 AM   #16
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
My other convertible is an old Mercedes 230SLK, it has a very short plexiglass windscreen right behind the seats (there are no back seats). With windows and top down you can have a conversation without yelling and here the radio at low levels at highway speeds. The Camaro, not so much. Don't know if the windscreen makes all difference or not. Just waiting for more input on the universal wind restricter from another thread https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547798 before I bite the bullet on a wind suppressing device.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:07 AM   #17
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
My other convertible is an old Mercedes 230SLK, it has a very short plexiglass windscreen right behind the seats (there are no back seats). With windows and top down you can have a conversation without yelling and here the radio at low levels at highway speeds. The Camaro, not so much. Don't know if the windscreen makes all difference or not. Just waiting for more input on the universal wind restricter from another thread https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547798 before I bite the bullet on a wind suppressing device.
My wife suprised me with the GM wind screen on my last birthday. I'm glad she did, I would have found it hard to part with 400 bucks on something of unknown benefit that looks like it should cost under $100. It works great! With the top down and windows up, I can drive at highway speeds, and her hair doesn't blow in her face and we can have a conversation. It's almost like having a larger sunroof. It snaps in and out pretty easily no additional brackets required. I don't know about the universal one, except someone mentioned double sided tape for installation, yuck.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #18
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I just picked up one of these and can't believe I waited this long - https://www.amazon.com/2016-2018-Cam...r=8-2-fkmrnull

It's amazing what a difference it makes on the freeway. I commute 65 miles per day to work, in serious traffic, and the windscreen is a must. Someone earlier mentioned that the windscreen with all windows down is less windy than all windows up and no windscreen - and they are right! You don't get the buffeting from the rear of the seats with the windscreen - try one, it will not disappoint.

That being said, top down as much as possible and depending on the temp windows down too. I have a 50 degree and sunny or 60 degree and cloudy rule to determine if the top goes down. Windows depend on the above conditions + speed + how far I'm going. Long trips on the freeway = windows up.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #19
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinQueen View Post
I just picked up one of these and can't believe I waited this long - https://www.amazon.com/2016-2018-Cam...r=8-2-fkmrnull

It's amazing what a difference it makes on the freeway. I commute 65 miles per day to work, in serious traffic, and the windscreen is a must. Someone earlier mentioned that the windscreen with all windows down is less windy than all windows up and no windscreen - and they are right! You don't get the buffeting from the rear of the seats with the windscreen - try one, it will not disappoint.

That being said, top down as much as possible and depending on the temp windows down too. I have a 50 degree and sunny or 60 degree and cloudy rule to determine if the top goes down. Windows depend on the above conditions + speed + how far I'm going. Long trips on the freeway = windows up.
I would assume that's not a GM wind screen. Does it fold once or twice for storage? When folded, does it fit in the trunk under the convertible top with the top down?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote