Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #29
Northern Sixgen

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS Convertible
Hey everyone. New to this awesome forum and new to Chevrolet and new to Camaro. I bought a 2SS convertible and have fallen in love with this brute!!! Awesome! But...I have this same rattle or clunk when the top is up too. Could a guy adjust those posts himself? I am also going to wrap the pins in something for now. Thanks guys and you have an absolutely great forum here.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #30
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Convinced I have the same rattle, getting worse the more I drive. The tonneau cover is loose where it comes around to the front on the side that rattles but is tight on the other side. I can push it down about 3/8 of an inch. Showed that to the dealer but he said he didnt think that had anything to do with it. So what exactly do I adjust to tighten this up and is it the cover that rattles or the deck lid?
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:33 AM   #31
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
Convinced I have the same rattle, getting worse the more I drive. The tonneau cover is loose where it comes around to the front on the side that rattles but is tight on the other side. I can push it down about 3/8 of an inch. Showed that to the dealer but he said he didnt think that had anything to do with it. So what exactly do I adjust to tighten this up and is it the cover that rattles or the deck lid?
pictures 2 & 3 on the previous page are what my dealership ended up adjusting. he said they tried different combinations of height adjustments until the rattle stopped.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #32
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Got rid of my clunking noise with a dab of lithium grease at the suspected area. Dealer claims they know nothing about this "velcro" fix or any other problems with the tonneau cover making a clunking noise. Is there a TSB or bulletin that I can refer them too? I don't really want to have to clean and lube this area every week or so.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #33
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
I got lucky this issue hasn't come back. Keeping fingers crossed.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #34
tsemmons

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible
So mine got real bad and I had an appointment at the dealership for tomorrow, in the meantime I wanted to try and quiet it down a little so I applied a heavy coat of red all purpse grease to the tonneau hinges and pins and after a coule of times putting the top up and down the rattle and squeak went away. So I have cancelled my appointment cor now. Hopefully this is the fix!
tsemmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #35
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
Got rid of my clunking noise with a dab of lithium grease at the suspected area. Dealer claims they know nothing about this "velcro" fix or any other problems with the tonneau cover making a clunking noise. Is there a TSB or bulletin that I can refer them too? I don't really want to have to clean and lube this area every week or so.
No TSB - my dealership discovered it through trial & error & I posted the pics as soon as I got the car back & they explained what was happening to me. Now, I haven't had those same noises return and I think the height adjustors are equally responsible for keeping the noises gone. I'm going to re-lube the Velcro that the dealer put over the bracing bolts as a preventive measure though.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #36
Cowher36

Drives: 2016 Convertible Camaro
Do you know if a TSB was ever created for this issue and fix?
Cowher36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #37
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
From reading the posts, it seems like the rattle can be get rid of just by adjusting those plastic bumpers, and without messing with any greasy velcros.

The grease makes it quiet, but the rattle movement is still there. I am fine with grease fix if the trunk and tonneau adjustment doesnt work though.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #38
roninala

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS convertible
Thumbs up Thanks for the advice and pics

I've been trying to locate this noise for weeks. I don't use any dealer unless I have to. The pics identified the problem and I increased the diameter of the post with leather to test if this was the issue.
The noise is gone. Now that I know the problem, I will remove the post bracket and slot the mounting holes so I can adjust the post location.
Thank you so much for the post.
roninala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:48 PM   #39
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
Thanks for taking the time to post this most annoying 'vert issue. I have the exact same problem and am stoked there's at least some kind of solution. Now if we only had a cure for the diff groan...lol. Seems even with flushing and new fluid the noise comes back.
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:40 AM   #40
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by born-to-fish- View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post this most annoying 'vert issue. I have the exact same problem and am stoked there's at least some kind of solution. Now if we only had a cure for the diff groan...lol. Seems even with flushing and new fluid the noise comes back.
No problem! My dealership had been great. I admired them for their resolve in figuring out the issue so I enjoy being able to help! Turns out I haven't had any more noises, so I think the adjustors were the main issue
Old 03-21-2018, 11:44 PM   #41
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
Recall

Had mine in the shop last week for an alignment, they pulled a recall on a truck piece. I’ll l9ok for the recall number if anyone is interested
Old 03-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #42
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
Had mine in the shop last week for an alignment, they pulled a recall on a truck piece. I’ll l9ok for the recall number if anyone is interested
Check this thread out...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516010
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote