Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #29
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Are you the same dragonZ28 from LS1Tech back in the day who sold the stainless CAMARO inserts and such?
The one and only
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #30
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Ted Jannetty uses SCT for some stuff. my first mod..wait second mod, first mod was some TSP headers. WHERE ARE THE '16 TSP'S!!! HAHA. but anyway my second mod was a CAI intake + SCT handheld with a Jannetty custom tune. my '11 dyno'd @ 427/426 with those mods alone. Ted works wonders with that thing. for clarification you would download your stock tune after the mods and email it to him, hed do his thing and send you back your tune. If needed he'd have you Datalog but I never needed that.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #31
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
The one and only
Damn. I was one of your first customers. I was one of, if not the first guy on LS1Tech to do the "Berger" panel.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
All of the information regarding SCT limitations provided is bias and false.

SCT has always had VVT tuning capability and has every single parameter that HPtuner and EFIlive has + +.

I have tuned some of the fastest Camaros in the country with SCT.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #33
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
A pre set/canned tune from a good tuner can be a fantastic starting point on a bolt on car. If your tuner and you data log and revise the tune you can get great results. I had a well known coyote tuner send a tune for my car, we did four rounds of data logging and revisions. About a year later I decided to try an actual tune from yet another well known Mustang tuner, the gains he got were minimal. Less than 5/5 at the wheels. Now with internal work, or boost, different story...

Are you the same dragonZ28 from LS1Tech back in the day who sold the stainless CAMARO inserts and such?
I couldn't agree more. I have a canned tune on my 13 SS. Disabling afm, and reducing torque management really woke the car up. Enough for me atleast. It's good having options though.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #34
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
I have used:
HP Tuners
Trifecta
Superchips (canned tune)
Uprev (import Nissan)

Cobalt SS/TC

Superchips for 8000k ran lean (canned tune)

Then i went HP Tuners for 10000k best for getting max power from my experience i tried via tune and received a bad tune turbo flutter even after a few updates,So i had it dyno tuned which still had a bit so he worked it out on the street as i drove.

I added more bolt ons and did not want to dyno tune it again 2.5 hour drive for me i'm in the country. So i went Trifecta and was really happy with it was more conservative but very well calibrated for 50000km then sold the car

Off Topic: Uprev: Nissan 350Z rev up

Great tune car did not respond very well though but was still a fun car.

Anyone try Trifecta on there 5th gen Camaro? I'm new in the Camaro scene but i have not seen it mentioned i'm sure they will get into it for 2016 models.
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #35
FlyTrap

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS 6 Spd
I used HP Tuners in the past and was extremely pleased with the adjustability and performance gains. I went back on their site for the first time in a few years and was surprised that, at least for now, there was very little on the Gen 6 Camaro SS. Their tune repository currently doesn't have anything. Hoping this will change soon.
FlyTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #36
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
HP tuners has 2016 Camaro...
http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #37
Luigi91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016SS View Post
I have used:
HP Tuners
Trifecta
Superchips (canned tune)
Uprev (import Nissan)

Cobalt SS/TC

Superchips for 8000k ran lean (canned tune)

Then i went HP Tuners for 10000k best for getting max power from my experience i tried via tune and received a bad tune turbo flutter even after a few updates,So i had it dyno tuned which still had a bit so he worked it out on the street as i drove.

I added more bolt ons and did not want to dyno tune it again 2.5 hour drive for me i'm in the country. So i went Trifecta and was really happy with it was more conservative but very well calibrated for 50000km then sold the car

Off Topic: Uprev: Nissan 350Z rev up

Great tune car did not respond very well though but was still a fun car.

Anyone try Trifecta on there 5th gen Camaro? I'm new in the Camaro scene but i have not seen it mentioned i'm sure they will get into it for 2016 models.
I have already spoken to Trifecta, and they have said they are working on a tune for the 16's right now. I trusted them with my Cruze, but I am not sure I would care much for their tune on a Camaro...
Luigi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #38
Notorious
No Hope

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The problem i am running into since crossing over to G.M. is nobody will remote tune on a '16 (that i have tried calling). Im hoping its due to the car is still new and tuners are still developing tunes and getting to know the car.

With my Shelby GT500 it was so easy, Put my car on a local dyno with my laptop and SCT handheld and let Jon Lund let a rip. we sent files back and forth till the car was dialed in to perfection. I am discovering with G.M. its not that easy.

I just don't have the time to trailer my car a million miles to a shop for a dyno tune.
2016 Camaro 2SS - M6 | Hyper Blue Metallic | NPP | MRC | Sunroof | Navigation | Black Bow Ties | ACS Spoiler | Black Tail lights | ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light | Roto Fab CAI | Stainless Works Cat-Back | Black 1LE Wheels | Nitto NT555 G2's 285 Front 305 Rear
Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:02 PM   #39
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
The problem i am running into since crossing over to G.M. is nobody will remote tune on a '16 (that i have tried calling). Im hoping its due to the car is still new and tuners are still developing tunes and getting to know the car.

With my Shelby GT500 it was so easy, Put my car on a local dyno with my laptop and SCT handheld and let Jon Lund let a rip. we sent files back and forth till the car was dialed in to perfection. I am discovering with G.M. its not that easy.

I just don't have the time to trailer my car a million miles to a shop for a dyno tune.
Hello and Welcome to GM, I have been providing Remote Custom tuning for GM via SCT since 2010, I would be glad to help you out.

V8 Models only at this time.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #40
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
I am not a believer in those pre-set tunes.

A true tune is custom calibrated for your car on a dyno with top-tuning software such as HPTuners. I have been around the block to know personally the better gains and efficiency you get from a real tune.

I have ran several setups, and several tunes. Even bolt-ons will yield better results form HPTuners. I have gone all the way to transmission swaps to stroker 408 iron blocks with heads, cam, etc. Diablosport tuners, and the like, aren't for a true enthusiast. If you get those, you're settling, and you're not getting the power, or fuel efficiency that HPTuners will accomplish with a competent tuner.
Is there any chance some of you are forgetting the cost difference aspect between an HP tune and a canned Diablosport, SCT type of tune. Some of us simply can't afford a $600 dyno tune and most of us don't need that level of expertise. Some 6th gen Camaro guys report a 15 or so HP increase from dynotuning alone which is ok, I guess, but typically Diablosport says their tunes are about that for an otherwise stock car.

Now, if you have headers, intake, throttle body, etc., etc. a tune is not only desirable but necessary to obtain the performance of your bolt ons and to turn off check engine lights...lol. I've had 3 full bolt on LS engines dyno tuned and there is definitely a huge improvement in the HP tunes. In other mild CAI and throttle body only cars, the Diablosport tunes were a great improvement. Yes, the Trinity and inTune tuner costs a bundle, but you get the tunes free thereafter and I'm hoping to use it for three different vehicles in my stable. I know you can only use them on one car at a time.

So, in my opinion, both the dyno tuned HP tuners have tremendous value for heavily modified cars, but the canned tunes do a fairly good job as well. on stock or lightly modded cars. Diablosport also claims GM can't detect that a Diablo tune has been used if you need warranty work. It's hard to hide an oxygen sensor bung welded to your exhaust system for an HP tune. Depends on your needs.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #41
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Need some v6 solutions.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #42
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Is there any chance some of you are forgetting the cost difference aspect between an HP tune and a canned Diablosport, SCT type of tune. Some of us simply can't afford a $600 dyno tune and most of us don't need that level of expertise. Some 6th gen Camaro guys report a 15 or so HP increase from dynotuning alone which is ok, I guess, but typically Diablosport says their tunes are about that for an otherwise stock car.

Now, if you have headers, intake, throttle body, etc., etc. a tune is not only desirable but necessary to obtain the performance of your bolt ons and to turn off check engine lights...lol. I've had 3 full bolt on LS engines dyno tuned and there is definitely a huge improvement in the HP tunes. In other mild CAI and throttle body only cars, the Diablosport tunes were a great improvement. Yes, the Trinity and inTune tuner costs a bundle, but you get the tunes free thereafter and I'm hoping to use it for three different vehicles in my stable. I know you can only use them on one car at a time.

So, in my opinion, both the dyno tuned HP tuners have tremendous value for heavily modified cars, but the canned tunes do a fairly good job as well. on stock or lightly modded cars. Diablosport also claims GM can't detect that a Diablo tune has been used if you need warranty work. It's hard to hide an oxygen sensor bung welded to your exhaust system for an HP tune. Depends on your needs.

This sounds correct, I don't have my SCT working to try the canned tuned or vendor tweaked tuned.

I have to say I'm mighty impressed with the DTP results and if I have to do the exact same bolt-ons and use their tune as a base, that is the way to go. I'm on the fence right now as my SCT is NOT working.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote