Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 10-14-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
racingbrake.com "High Temp" rebuilds

I have reached out to RB Performance Brakes for "High Temp" caliper rebuild kits for the (4) four piston SS Brembo F & R OEM brakes. They have expressed an interest in designing High Temp dust seals/boots and stainless cut pistons for our 27.5 x 42mm size front pistons, as well as the rears. Please express YOUR interest in these products as well, to have them move forward from design to production!! PM, DM, Email "Warren" at RB. I'm looking forward to trying this upgrade...
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #2
driven2exceSS

info@racingbrake.com (Attn: Warren) or PM/DM "RacingBrake" on Camaro6... remember SS/SS-1LE have the same rear calipers so there should be some interest here with the fellow track rats
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 10-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #3
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL-1 1LE
RB Rebuild

I bought a rebuild kit for the ZL-1 front calipers. I did not see a kit for the rears.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #4
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
I bought a rebuild kit for the ZL-1 front calipers. I did not see a kit for the rears.
Not familiar with the full extent of their Gen6 product line. But would encourage you to reach out and make them aware of any interest(s)...
Old 10-17-2019, 10:38 PM   #5
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
What has your experience been with the high-temp rebuild kit so far?
I was thinking of purchasing this as well for next track season.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:13 AM   #6
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Is this something we need? So far mine seem to be fine and I haven't really heard of people having issues although I may have missed it.
samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #7
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by samr350 View Post
Is this something we need? So far mine seem to be fine and I haven't really heard of people having issues although I may have missed it.
Some members have been cooking dust seals/boots that get a lot of heat in their set ups. These components should next level the heat tolerances...
Old 10-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #8
mt.nichols

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
I didn't have any issues with mine until I switched to GLoc R12s. More aggressive brake pad = more friction but also more heat.
mt.nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #9
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL-1 1LE
RB Caliper Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
What has your experience been with the high-temp rebuild kit so far?
I was thinking of purchasing this as well for next track season.
I was reading through the forums that others were having heat issues with their front calipers. Most of the people that I identified were using aftermarket/track pads and the calipers were shows heat problems.
I don't have the rebuild complete yet but those that have say it is a nice kit with high temp silicon seals. Expensive but a good kit.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:43 PM   #10
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
I was reading through the forums that others were having heat issues with their front calipers. Most of the people that I identified were using aftermarket/track pads and the calipers were shows heat problems.
I don't have the rebuild complete yet but those that have say it is a nice kit with high temp silicon seals. Expensive but a good kit.
No issues with my stockers as i use oem pads (3 full seasons now, 50+ track days). But, lets keep in mind that if one uses high torque "race" pads then rebuilds will become a norm due to higher heat. I had used AP Essex racing grade calipers on my previous track car and they needed rebuilds regardless. And that's why Essex carries them. Heat it heat. Miracles dont happen.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
No issues with my stockers as i use oem pads (3 full seasons now, 50+ track days). But, lets keep in mind that if one uses high torque "race" pads then rebuilds will become a norm due to higher heat. I had used AP Essex racing grade calipers on my previous track car and they needed rebuilds regardless. And that's why Essex carries them. Heat it heat. Miracles dont happen.
You also have a 1LE which is a completely different caliper.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
You also have a 1LE which is a completely different caliper.
Agree: 2 extra pots, but also non vented (unlike ZL1 kit) and likely same std seals.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #13
driven2exceSS

SS 1LE peeps please express interest in YOUR 4 pot rears, as some may be able to utilize the upgraded "High Temp" seals and/or stainless pistons which also are used in the standard SS. I believe RB already makes the "High Temp" front caliper kits for your SS 1LE's. Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #14
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Let us know when you get and what you think of it, aside from the seals, I’d like to know how much better than stock it is.
I read that the metal was different and conducted less heat.