Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
ClaunchOfficial

Drives: 2024 SS 1LE
WTB 1LE soon

I've decided to get rid of my 16 1SS and get a 1le in next few months. Currently 4 months ahead on payments (Paid off $9,300 in 9 months) and was going to just get the 1le wheels from my local chevy dealer and maybe the recaro's later but I've decided to take hit and get the car I actually want instead of spending the money to mod the one I already have. I've seen around 50-60 for sale online and prices range from $39,999 to $46k. Does anyone think the price might go down over next 4 months or so being sales are slow and these are already sitting on the lot? I would actually prefer to buy a slighty used one but really don't see someone getting rid of theirs already. Just thinking out loud and wondered if you guys had more insite than me. Thanks
ClaunchOfficial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Are you planning to trade? If the prices on new ones go down, the value of your trade will drop too.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Are you planning to trade? If the prices on new ones go down, the value of your trade will drop too.
Not planning to trade. I'll be pushing harder to sell mine in the next few months. Depreciation is obvious on my car value. I'm just wondering if factory rebates, tag events or dealers just needing to move cars will affect 1le on the lots.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #4
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
My guess is mid 30's in 6 months.......I am like you, waiting for the right time $$$, but like the previous poster stated, my trade in slides too.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #5
Nanashii

Drives: LTurd1
Good things come to those who wait. I am also looking to buy a 1LE but it doesn't seem like they are sitting on the lots for long right now. I am going to quote my post from the Price/Order forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashii View Post
It looks like there are two stories going on here. On one hand Camaro sales are abysmal and the lots are filled to the brink with Camaros nobody wants to buy. On the other hand the 1LE just hit the market a few months ago and there seems to be a healthy demand for that configuration. If I can't find significantly better pricing, I am going to wait until the fall-winter. The 2018 Mustang refresh will put even more pressure on Camaro sales and by that time most of the people who wanted a 1LE will already have one.
I also see them well into the $30s by the end of this year. GM will have to throw in massive discounts if they want to slash the inventory.

One question, what are you using to find the 50-60 cars for sales and their respective prices?
Nanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:12 AM   #6
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
Good things come to those who wait. I am also looking to buy a 1LE but it doesn't seem like they are sitting on the lots for long right now. I am going to quote my post from the Price/Order forum.

I also see them well into the $30s by the end of this year. GM will have to throw in massive discounts if they want to slash the inventory.

One question, what are you using to find the 50-60 cars for sales and their respective prices?
Autotrader (what I used to find my gen6) and cars.com. I'm going to have a hard time waiting past early summer. I guess I can keep enjoying what I have but if I can get in to one for $37- $38k I'll do it. I've accepted that I'm only going to get a few thousand back on my car and just want to add a few thousand with it for down payment. I'm sure the 18 model year will drop the 17 but that will be tough to wait.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #7
Nanashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaunchOfficial View Post
Autotrader (what I used to find my gen6) and cars.com. I'm going to have a hard time waiting past early summer. I guess I can keep enjoying what I have but if I can get in to one for $37- $38k I'll do it. I've accepted that I'm only going to get a few thousand back on my car and just want to add a few thousand with it for down payment. I'm sure the 18 model year will drop the 17 but that will be tough to wait.
$37-$38k is a good price and I would jump on it. I don't see them going for anything below $36k and that would be on leftover 17s later in the year. The best I've found up to now is $41k-$42k.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #8
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
$37-$38k is a good price and I would jump on it. I don't see them going for anything below $36k and that would be on leftover 17s later in the year. The best I've found up to now is $41k-$42k.
Seen a few on here bought for $39k. I'm thinking they could get close to what I'm willing to spend soon. I'll get one either way just not really wanting to pay more than $80 a month than my 16 cost me.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #9
Nanashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaunchOfficial View Post
Seen a few on here bought for $39k. I'm thinking they could get close to what I'm willing to spend soon. I'll get one either way just not really wanting to pay more than $80 a month than my 16 cost me.
Yup, I saw those as well. There were deals to be had at the end of last year. One of the big Mid-Atlantic dealers who had been selling them for $39k is asking for $42k right now. And they are not staying on the lots long.

Is there a way to filter for the 1LE on autotrader and cars.com? Even when I filter for 1SS, manual etc, I still have to look through 100s of results. Chevy's inventory page is also limited in the same way.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #10
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
Yup, I saw those as well. There were deals to be had at the end of last year. One of the big Mid-Atlantic dealers who had been selling them for $39k is asking for $42k right now. And they are not staying on the lots long.

Is there a way to filter for the 1LE on autotrader and cars.com? Even when I filter for 1SS, manual etc, I still have to look through 100s of results. Chevy's inventory page is also limited in the same way.
Autotrader search 17 ss keyword 1le. 53 within 500 miles as of right now. Same thing on cars, less of them on that site and most are the same cars. Becky on here sells a bunch of them but I want to get closer to buying before i contact her, I don't want to waste her time.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #11
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I think the best time to buy financially will be when used 1LEs hit $20k. They probably won't lose much value after that.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #12
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I think the best time to buy financially will be when used 1LEs hit $20k. They probably won't lose much value after that.
Possibly. I prefer new/like new and stay within a model year. I'm pretty happy with my 16 now, I just really want the 1le and not to see one sell for a few thousand less a few months after I buy it.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #13
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I'm assuming this is sarcasm? Used 5th 1LE's still fetch high 20's to mid 30's...
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #14
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Oak View Post
I'm assuming this is sarcasm? Used 5th 1LE's still fetch high 20's to mid 30's...
I was thinking that as well. The only reason I ended up in a 16 was an attempted bait and switch on a used 15 1le. Ended up spending $2500 more on new my 16 ss somewhere else.