Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 10-06-2022, 02:00 AM   #1
brosmar1

Drives: 2021 2SS
2019+ headlight bulb color temp

Looking for something a bit brighter, I’ve always been a fan of diode dynamics so I’ll probably go with their set, just need to figure out color temp. I know for pre refresh 4300K was OEM, but that seems way too warm for this car. The DRLs look like your pretty standard hint of blue LEDs, I’m guessing 6000K? And the headlights look pretty damn close to those too. If anyone knows for sure please share. Also looking to do the license plate/reverse lights LED swap, matching all the color temps would put my ocd at ease haha.
brosmar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
FrostZ

Drives: 2019 A10 ZL1
Unfortunately your Camaro doesn’t have replaceable bulbs the headlights are full LED. Thus they are designed for the life of the car and I don’t know of any aftermarket housings for the new style lights. The plate / trunk light is a standard 194 bulb size so a nice Philips or something would do great there, they are what I have used. The reverse lights you’ll need resistors for an LED upgrade something like a Gen 5 DIY harness will help though you’ll probably need to remove the rear bumper to get the harness installed. If my memory serves me right they are 7440 bulb size if you decide to go down that path.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:55 PM   #3
brosmar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostZ View Post
Unfortunately your Camaro doesn’t have replaceable bulbs the headlights are full LED. Thus they are designed for the life of the car and I don’t know of any aftermarket housings for the new style lights. The plate / trunk light is a standard 194 bulb size so a nice Philips or something would do great there, they are what I have used. The reverse lights you’ll need resistors for an LED upgrade something like a Gen 5 DIY harness will help though you’ll probably need to remove the rear bumper to get the harness installed. If my memory serves me right they are 7440 bulb size if you decide to go down that path.
Thanks for the reply, didn’t know the headlights aren’t replaceable. Sucks but that’s what you get nowadays I guess.. Any idea about color temp for matching the rear sets?
Old 10-06-2022, 11:01 PM   #4
FrostZ

Drives: 2019 A10 ZL1
Sadly a blessing and a curse, designed to last longer than the car but we all know how that works out leaving you out of luck. The color temp is usually a hair under 6000K from OEMs something like 5500. I seriously doubt you’ll see the difference from 6000 to 5500 so any LED you find in that range will do the job, obviously a trusted brand like Philips etc is always a good option.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:06 AM   #5
brosmar1

I was looking at diode dynamics but turns out they specifically list the 2019+ 2SS as not compatible with any of their reverse bulbs. Sent an email and the rep said they don’t know why it’s incompatible, just is. Wonder if they’re referring to the necessary resistor. May just go with VLED as I’ve seen many others have had good experiences with them.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:10 AM   #6
packersmovingtips202

Drives: tata altroz
I needed better headlights because my old ones were too dim, making night driving tough. They were yellow and didn't light up the road well or look good on my car.
packersmovingtips202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:04 PM   #7
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CH9T2L9M...t_details&th=1

Thank me later

Tags
bulb, color temp, headlights, led