Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2022, 07:40 PM   #29
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Pit the car not competitive mode.

Put your left foot on the brake, hard. Now load up the drive train to about 2000 rpm and simultaneously step on the loud pedal while releasing the brake.

Don't stab it, just count one thousand one while stepping on it and releasing the brake at the same time.

Guaranteed you won't bog.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:20 PM   #30
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Pit the car not competitive mode.

Put your left foot on the brake, hard. Now load up the drive train to about 2000 rpm and simultaneously step on the loud pedal while releasing the brake.

Don't stab it, just count one thousand one while stepping on it and releasing the brake at the same time.

Guaranteed you won't bog.

Interesting, I do stab the go pedal. have to try that.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #31
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Tire diameter matters a whole lot more than width when it comes to straight traction, width matters with lateral traction.
This is not entirely true.

Tire surface area matters. You wont' be sporting a 245 on the rear of this car and expect the same performance as a 305. It is just physics.

For strip using wide and tall is good, but there's a fine line between tall and wide. To tall and not wide enough and you are basically running steak knives for traction.

To wide and not tall enough and there's no tire pressure advantages due to side wall stiffness with a mild amount of flex puts more tire surface area on the pavement from a dig. (There is a fine line with flex too) To much flex causes tire hopping. To little flex basically reverts you to the stiff sidewall issue. It changes how well you can pull a hole shot.

Last edited by FlukeSS; 01-28-2022 at 09:06 AM.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 11:34 AM   #32
2SSmarooo

Drives: 2018 camaro 2SS
I think I’m having the same problem I have an FBO 2018 camaro ss with nitto r2 and the car seems to bog from a hard dig acceleration. I think I need some mickeys or some.
2SSmarooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:48 AM   #33
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSmarooo View Post
I think I’m having the same problem I have an FBO 2018 camaro ss with nitto r2 and the car seems to bog from a hard dig acceleration. I think I need some mickeys or some.
Tire specs and are you using launch control, and traction control? Also R2's can handle upwards of 900 hp at the crank. When you get closer to that that's when you need to consider a new tire. That being said, also R2's need to warm up to be effective, so if you are on the street at a traffic light and just gun it. Tires are not warm, is really what it comes down to. R2's do actually take longer to heat up than some tires.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote