Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #15
DeadSpider

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
2018 or wait to see if 2020 gets the better SEMA front end. Guaranteed the 19's would have been a lot more welcomed if it had been that front end.

People can be stubborn to change, some love change some prefer the old look and resist change. However the 2019 refresh seems to getting a lot more negative reactions than most refreshes, even from non Camaro owners/community.

So I don't think resistance to change is the big reason for the negative reactions. If it looked like the updated SEMA version of would have been more welcomed and more in line with a traditional look and evolution.
The SEMA SS front end?.... just the flowtie was moved and the bumper was body color correct or did I miss something?

I was under the impression the flowtie gained 3 cubic feet of air flow or so. So with it not on the grill you have that extra flow plus an additional 3 cubic feet from the flowtie on the bumper itself. By putting it bacl on the grill you lose the additional airflow that was gained. Am I looking at that right?
DeadSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:11 AM   #16
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpider View Post
The SEMA SS front end?.... just the flowtie was moved and the bumper was body color correct or did I miss something?

I was under the impression the flowtie gained 3 cubic feet of air flow or so. So with it not on the grill you have that extra flow plus an additional 3 cubic feet from the flowtie on the bumper itself. By putting it bacl on the grill you lose the additional airflow that was gained. Am I looking at that right?
Airflow... and then you add a front license plate
The difference with SEMA front is huge in terms of design
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #17
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Front end

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpider View Post

Those subtle changes make a big difference. Makes it look like an evolution of the front end its replacing as opposed to something radically different... like I said imo, put the bowtie back on the top grill and body color match thr bar separating the grills and it looks great.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #18
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I do think it's cool that functionally the 2019 flowtie increases air flow but the minimal advantage that provides is not worth the aesthetic trade off imo.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #19
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
Thanks for help, I’m just realizing 2018 2LT, RS doesn’t have HUD like my 2014:( Totally depressed because I can barely afford 2LT RS
I think you can get a pretty decent HUD package for around $500 on amazon. If I remember right you can much more featured ones with stuff like nav without spending 3x as much as the factory package.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #20
thunder219

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I really like my 17 and hate the front ends of the 19 but if I were to get one I would just color match the black part and get rid of the bow tie. I like the new tail lights better on the new ones.
thunder219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #21
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
That’s on you man. My golden rule if a car is a year old, check the car top to bottom. Check all crevices, get on your hands and knees and check the undercarriage, take a LED light and check the paint for swirls or paint inperfections. If it passes, it’s fine. My car sat on the lot for 5 months, I still did all this, only had a cracked third brake light.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote