Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2024, 02:00 PM   #1
wr00

Drives: 95' camaro
LT1 + Whipple fueling

Hi all,

I'm at a bit of a situation which I'm trying to find the best course of action. Currently I have a '16 2SS that has just been upgraded to:
Whipple 3.0L
TSP 1⅞" LT Headers
Roto-Fab CAI
MBRP Header-back exhaust (race profile)
Firecore wires

Originally, I was told the fuel system would be fine at 7-8 psi (3.750 pulley), but I am getting mixed results. Ultimately my plan is to run Katech port injection runners for the Whipple and potentially running the TooHighPsi reflex+ controller for added fuel. (Katech dual feed in tank). This was aimed at doing further mods down the road.

Currently, the car has the tune supplied by Whipple - it has been started, but not driven yet. Will the stock fuel system support the SC as is at lower boost levels (considering a conservative tune)? How are the supplied tunes? I am not planning on doing any racing or long WOT pulls until I get proper tuning and/or fuel system upgrades. The main point of getting the supplied tune in my case was to get it to a tuner without trailering.

Any insight would be appreciated.
wr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 03:49 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr00 View Post
Hi all,

I'm at a bit of a situation which I'm trying to find the best course of action. Currently I have a '16 2SS that has just been upgraded to:
Whipple 3.0L
TSP 1⅞" LT Headers
Roto-Fab CAI
MBRP Header-back exhaust (race profile)
Firecore wires

Originally, I was told the fuel system would be fine at 7-8 psi (3.750 pulley), but I am getting mixed results. Ultimately my plan is to run Katech port injection runners for the Whipple and potentially running the TooHighPsi reflex+ controller for added fuel. (Katech dual feed in tank). This was aimed at doing further mods down the road.

Currently, the car has the tune supplied by Whipple - it has been started, but not driven yet. Will the stock fuel system support the SC as is at lower boost levels (considering a conservative tune)? How are the supplied tunes? I am not planning on doing any racing or long WOT pulls until I get proper tuning and/or fuel system upgrades. The main point of getting the supplied tune in my case was to get it to a tuner without trailering.

Any insight would be appreciated.
This has been covered pretty extensively here in the Forced Induction forum. Read some of KingLT1’s posts on fueling…very informative.

You’re on the right track, port injection is the way. For now, with 93 octane and at 7 psi you will max out the fuel system. The Whipple supplied tune will definitely leave power on the table but is fine for getting to a tuner. Or better yet, reach out to Megahurtz or KingLT1 on this board and get a remote tune.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:20 PM   #3
wr00

Drives: 95' camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
This has been covered pretty extensively here in the Forced Induction forum. Read some of KingLT1’s posts on fueling…very informative.

You’re on the right track, port injection is the way. For now, with 93 octane and at 7 psi you will max out the fuel system. The Whipple supplied tune will definitely leave power on the table but is fine for getting to a tuner. Or better yet, reach out to Megahurtz or KingLT1 on this board and get a remote tune.
Thanks for the information!

I did do some searching on the topic and found roughly what the stock fuel system can support, I'm just unsure roughly what my combination is going to make (hp or psi - heard 6-10 psi, while the mfg claims 7-8).

I'll dig into the mention posts - thanks again.
wr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 06:22 PM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I would do a 4" upper pulley if you plan to run the stock fuel system for a awhile. A 3.75 upper /7" lower pulley with a Whipple 3.0 would be comparable to my 2.9 running a 3.25 / 7.0 far as boost and I make 10-11psi. Mine also made 7.5-8psi on a 3.5 pulley. I think that will be too much boost for the stock fuel system, and even if you had enough fuel it will be octane limited on 93.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:48 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I would do a 4" upper pulley if you plan to run the stock fuel system for a awhile.
That’s not a bad idea! Better to keep the boost very conservative until the fueling is properly addressed.