Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Have you experienced partial or full oil pump failure in your LT4 powered vehicle?
Yes, chevrolet serviced it and warranted the work 6 14.63%
Yes, chevrolet denied warranty service 1 2.44%
Yes, I had it fixed but not by chevrolet 1 2.44%
No 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2024, 07:55 PM   #57
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
I did contact a few lawyers about it.
I'm supposed to have a conference call on tuesday with GM rep and the Service manager for the dealer where the car is at now.
Please let us know how it goes.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:05 PM   #58
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Its official, I've been told to pound sand.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:22 PM   #59
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Its official, I've been told to pound sand.
Jesus, that's awful. I would 100% seek out a competent lawyer and give him the best unbiased version of the story you can.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:04 PM   #60
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Jesus, that's awful. I would 100% seek out a competent lawyer and give him the best unbiased version of the story you can.
No wants this case.
Lawyers are like dealership service centers, they only want to talk with you when they can get alot of your money, and this isn't a case someone could make alot of money on.

All I can say is anyone who owns a ZL1 needs to watch out.
Regardless of what Al Oppenheiser says, if you tracked your car your SOL when, not if your oil pump fails.

I dont know what I'm going to do.
I feel like going on youtube with a big FU speach to Chevrolet and grenade it.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 03-26-2024, 03:07 AM   #61
george
ZL1 Driver

The attorney general’s office in your state may be the best way to get at GM. Did GM say that it was tracking the car and the oil filter was the reason it was not warranty related? I would tow the car to a speed shop and get them to look at it. If you’re lucky there was no engine seized and it’s repairable.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:06 AM   #62
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
The attorney general’s office in your state may be the best way to get at GM. Did GM say that it was tracking the car and the oil filter was the reason it was not warranty related? I would tow the car to a speed shop and get them to look at it. If you’re lucky there was no engine seized and it’s repairable.
That is what I'm doing. I'm going to take it somewhere that actually will do something.

The dealership cried to GM that i was "trying to get a cheaper repair" than replacing the engine.

Screw all these people.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 03-26-2024, 09:05 AM   #63
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
No wants this case.
Lawyers are like dealership service centers, they only want to talk with you when they can get alot of your money, and this isn't a case someone could make alot of money on.

All I can say is anyone who owns a ZL1 needs to watch out.
Regardless of what Al Oppenheiser says, if you tracked your car your SOL when, not if your oil pump fails.

I dont know what I'm going to do.
I feel like going on youtube with a big FU speach to Chevrolet and grenade it.
I'm sorry you're going through this, I can't imagine getting your dream car, having it basically made worse by the dealer, then being told you're on the hook for the entire bill.

Which is exactly why I bought a 10 year / 120k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty from Fidelity for $2300 for my 2022 ZL1. I have zero plans to go into the engine. Wheels, axle backs, and maybe some cosmetic stuff. If it grenades itself, I'll pay extra to have them rebuild it with a Katech billet pump.

If anyone reading this wants more info, PM me and I can give you more info, I don't want to go OT in this thread.

Best of luck.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:32 PM   #64
Fenmore

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I'm sorry you're going through this, I can't imagine getting your dream car, having it basically made worse by the dealer, then being told you're on the hook for the entire bill.

Which is exactly why I bought a 10 year / 120k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty from Fidelity for $2300 for my 2022 ZL1. I have zero plans to go into the engine. Wheels, axle backs, and maybe some cosmetic stuff. If it grenades itself, I'll pay extra to have them rebuild it with a Katech billet pump.

If anyone reading this wants more info, PM me and I can give you more info, I don't want to go OT in this thread.

Best of luck.
A lot of people don't seem to know this. But you can buy an extended warranty for your car at anytime from most of the same people the dealers use. And its half the money and they take monthly payments if you can't afford the whole thing at once.

As far as OP goes, did GM withdraw the original offer or was that only if you replaced the engine from those crooks? I would blast everyone ...especially that dealer. They did you dirty. I would post a bad review on every website I can find that reviews dealers. Its the only thing that gets peoples attentions these days. I would file a complaint with the BBB also on both GM and the dealer. And as stated with your attorney general, but I would wait for the attorney general until you find out the actual damage and repairs. I would 100% sue that dealership in small claims court for anything over the cost of the oil pump. You can do that yourself. I am sure one of those AI things can write a complaint for you.
Fenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:07 PM   #65
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenmore View Post
A lot of people don't seem to know this. But you can buy an extended warranty for your car at anytime from most of the same people the dealers use. And its half the money and they take monthly payments if you can't afford the whole thing at once.

As far as OP goes, did GM withdraw the original offer or was that only if you replaced the engine from those crooks? I would blast everyone ...especially that dealer. They did you dirty. I would post a bad review on every website I can find that reviews dealers. Its the only thing that gets peoples attentions these days. I would file a complaint with the BBB also on both GM and the dealer. And as stated with your attorney general, but I would wait for the attorney general until you find out the actual damage and repairs. I would 100% sue that dealership in small claims court for anything over the cost of the oil pump. You can do that yourself. I am sure one of those AI things can write a complaint for you.
GM said they would pay 30% of the repair cost only if I went through the dealership.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 03-26-2024, 04:24 PM   #66
george
ZL1 Driver

Quote:
That is what I'm doing. I'm going to take it somewhere that actually will do something.

The dealership cried to GM that i was "trying to get a cheaper repair" than replacing the engine.

Screw all these people.
Cheaper repair!!?? Absolute nonsense. Isn't Henessey in the Houston area? Maybe you can pay them a visit and get some advice on the engine, their recommendations and any suggestions they may have. The Texas AG is a stand up office. Good Luck and keep us posted. If you're a veteran, get a veteran's organization involved. I'm in the VFW and they have all kinds of support networks. They have ombudsmen that will also help.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:54 PM   #67
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
GM said they would pay 30% of the repair cost only if I went through the dealership.
Is that towards a new long block? If so, I know it sucks but that might be the option with the least financial impact, especially if you can talk them into covering 50% of the cost.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:15 PM   #68
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I wonder how this game is going to be played with their electric vehicles? (oh, sorry you’re not covered, We detected a slight voltage spike in your charging system causing battery failure because we didn’t design a fail safe????) you are not covered for that $20,000 battery
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote