Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-29-2023, 04:03 PM   #15
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobcarrasco7 View Post
Hey acammer, haha I really appreciate your response. If I rephrase a little. I actually love where the clutch pedal is at, very high!! I tested the car, every gear changes perfectly fine. I am actually going to check the point of engagement and get back to you!!

however the reason for my post is because I feel like my bearing is gonna wear faster if it is too close to the PP fingers meaning maybe there's too much preload on the fingers and the bearing. I now know the bearing it supposed to have constant pressure but it's just the fear of having the bearing wear out faster than what it is supposed too and not having the correct preload.

am I suppose to hear the bearing turning while in neutral/idle position? (slightly though?)

and what pedal stop did you use? and would it be compatible with the RAM slave? it could also be that I may have a bit more over traveling I fear. Im not sure, it is my first time changing the clutch on my car!!
If you've got the air gap right, you should be in good shape in terms of TO bearing pressure and wear. Over-travel would be my biggest concern, but that depends on the slave. Some have an internal stop, so you can't over-travel them, but many do not, which then makes the stroke of the master cylinder along with it's bore size vs. the storke and bore area of the slave determine how much travel you get. Which is ultimately why a pedal stop is a good idea.

This is the one I've used for the past several years. Cheap, effective, works well.

https://afterdarkspeed.com/product/g...edal-stop-kit/
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, mcleod twin clutch, modded, mwg short throw