#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-23-2023, 02:06 PM   #463
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
No delivery yet as far as I am aware, but I noticed 2 interesting things. First, my truck no longer appears on my dealer’s site or the Chevrolet inventory search results at all. I did have the link saved to the Chevrolet inventory tracker though, and the link still works, it just doesnt appear in the search results any more. (link)

Secondly, it looks like the rubber mud flaps i have had on my order since November 4th have been completely removed from my window sticker, without any input from me, which i didnt know was possible.
Do you mean the flexible splash guards? Those are only available as part of PCH-Flex Utility Package and requires the B96 wheel moldings. It's very likely that they changed packaging and order requirements. Rather than force the new package and wheel flares on your truck, they just took the splash guards off of your order. Happens all of the time on new models.

Have you checked to see if your vehicle is held up due to the hail damage that Wentzville received this month?
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 02:11 PM   #464
GearheadSS

Quote:
It is crazy how long it is taking! I asked the dealer for an update since it isnt on their site any more. My thought is it was pulled for hail damage so just like the system automatically puts it on the sites when it is ready for shipment, maybe it removes it when it is not.
It definitely doesn't do that. We have an LT that was damaged and it still shows on our website. The dealer might have removed it manually.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:22 PM   #465
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Do you mean the flexible splash guards? Those are only available as part of PCH-Flex Utility Package and requires the B96 wheel moldings. It's very likely that they changed packaging and order requirements. Rather than force the new package and wheel flares on your truck, they just took the splash guards off of your order. Happens all of the time on new models.

Have you checked to see if your vehicle is held up due to the hail damage that Wentzville received this month?
Yes, the flexible splash guards. Interesting since they allowed me to add the package before, but you are right it now requires the moldings. Funny thing is you can still order them by themselves on the Chevrolet Accesories site. I did hit up my dealer last night but didnt get a message yet today. They have been a bit disappointing with their communication. Did you see a change in event code on yours that were impacted? CFTH77 if youre able to glean any information. I try to not bother you forum folks who work at dealerships out of principle but if youre interested go for it.

Quote:
It definitely doesn't do that. We have an LT that was damaged and it still shows on our website. The dealer might have removed it manually.
Understood, I wonder why.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:03 PM   #466
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Reminds me I need to order the molded splash guards for my truck.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:18 PM   #467
GearheadSS

Quote:
Yes, the flexible splash guards. Interesting since they allowed me to add the package before, but you are right it now requires the moldings. Funny thing is you can still order them by themselves on the Chevrolet Accesories site. I did hit up my dealer last night but didnt get a message yet today. They have been a bit disappointing with their communication. Did you see a change in event code on yours that were impacted? CFTH77 if youre able to glean any information. I try to not bother you forum folks who work at dealerships out of principle but if youre interested go for it.

Understood, I wonder why.
Unfortunately I can't see any other dealer order since GM went to the next gen ordering system. I can see if it was hail damaged by the VIN because I have the list of those vehicles.

Ours had a bunch of status changes since it was built on 2/28. 4B00 a few of times, 4300 a couple of times and now it's one of the units that has hail damage.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:23 PM   #468
HartfordRacingCaptain

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't see any other dealer order since GM went to the next gen ordering system. I can see if it was hail damaged by the VIN because I have the list of those vehicles.

Ours had a bunch of status changes since it was built on 2/28. 4B00 a few of times, 4300 a couple of times and now it's one of the units that has hail damage.
What is the current event code for yours with the damage then? My VIN is 1GCPTDEK5P1123675

Old 05-26-2023, 08:10 AM   #469
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Local dealer has a new colorado out front, got a chance to see it in person when I drove by today. That is a very good looking truck.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 05:09 PM   #470
HartfordRacingCaptain

Well, called the dealer this morning and I am still in the satellite lot at Wentzville. No ETA, no nothing. Next week makes 4 months it has been sitting.

I found an unclaimed Nitro Yellow Z71 incoming to a dealer about an hour from me, which is in the serial number range that puts it outside of hail possibilities. It is already on the train and halfway from Missouri to Connecticut. They said it should arrive next week! Only issue is it doesn't have the bedliner, red belts, floor liners, or HO tune, but is otherwise identical to the truck I ordered. Convenience Package II and the Trailering package. Nothing that a little $$ won't fix to make it exactly what I ordered, and certainly nothing that is going to stop me from jumping on it instead of waiting for my 4-month-old hail-ridden truck.

Put a deposit down, and test drove the Harvest Bronze LT they had on the lot.

Old 06-01-2023, 05:18 PM   #471
FenwickHockey65

You can use the points you earn from the purchase to get the floor liners for free.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:45 PM   #472
HartfordRacingCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You can use the points you earn from the purchase to get the floor liners for free.
Good to know. I also plan on the side steps, wheel locks, and tailgate lettering. Need to line up a bedliner, undercoat, and tints. I already have a tonneau sitting in the parts dept. of the dealer I ordered from. I'll have to cancel when I go there to pick it up haha.

Old 06-01-2023, 06:29 PM   #473
FenwickHockey65

Which side steps? I was planning to get a set for my Canyon but the cheaper ones hang so low.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:48 PM   #474
HartfordRacingCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Which side steps? I was planning to get a set for my Canyon but the cheaper ones hang so low.
I don't know anything about anything, but I was going to get the $400 GM ones. Things hanging low don't bother me.
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/pr...2484&year=2023

Old 06-02-2023, 06:38 AM   #475
GearheadSS

I've decided to buy a Trail Boss instead of the Z71 I ordered. Z71 still hasn't shipped and the Trail Boss shipped out Wednesday. I like the idea of saving some money on the Trail Boss in this economy.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:03 AM   #476
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
It looks like the Trail Boss is going to be a real popular trim based on deliveries i've seen so far.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote