Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Question Recommended gauges for boosted car?

As some of you all may be aware, I am installing my F1A-94 here in the next two weeks but haven't decided with what gauges to go with, any advice or recommendations is much appreciated. I wanted to go with a ngauge but don't like getting rid of the air vent just yet but who knows i'm interested in anything and everything you guys have in mind.

As far as SHOPS out there, SPONSORSHIPS WELCOMED lol. You help me i'll help you. This build has over 30K invested into it and has came out of my pocket, i'm ready to support those who support me. Lets work out a deal
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Wrong section.

I run the NGauge in the little vent on the dash, not the actual HVAC vent by the steering wheel.

The pod that holds it still allows air to flow through in the event you need to use the defroster. That's the way I'd go IMO.
Attached Images

2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
im looking for a boost gauge that matches the 2ss gauges also. black face, white metrics.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...0aAriVEALw_wcB

looks pretty close and ill never be over 20 psi

Last edited by Choda; 09-24-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Wrong section.

I run the NGauge in the little vent on the dash, not the actual HVAC vent by the steering wheel.

The pod that holds it still allows air to flow through in the event you need to use the defroster. That's the way I'd go IMO.
I was going to move put in a different section but thought it would fall best under bolt ons . I wanted to go that route as well but then that would delete the area where i would put other gauges, would you say that the ngauge is everything you need or would like in my case the AEM failsafe gauge be good as well?
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 09-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
AEM AFR Xseries (so you can read via HPtuner without having extra wires)
Banks iDash Super gauge for everything else like (E85%, FRP, Low side, Spark, etc)

You can also use the aeroforce gauge. which is what everyone uses. I just dont like how it looks (but thats just me)
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
I was going to move put in a different section but thought it would fall best under bolt ons . I wanted to go that route as well but then that would delete the area where i would put other gauges, would you say that the ngauge is everything you need or would like in my case the AEM failsafe gauge be good as well?

This is the classified section lol

In my opinion the gauge has everything that I personally need. I don't want e85 but the gauge is capable of reading that too with the appropriate accessories. The only thing it doesn't show unless I'm missing it is the direct injection fuel pressure
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

Old 09-24-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
AEM AFR Xseries (so you can read via HPtuner without having extra wires)
Banks iDash Super gauge for everything else like (E85%, FRP, Low side, Spark, etc)

You can also use the aeroforce gauge. which is what everyone uses. I just dont like how it looks (but thats just me)
thank you, where did you get the gauge pod holder and your gauges from if you don't mind me asking.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
FrostySS

Quote:
thank you, where did you get the gauge pod holder and your gauges from if you don't mind me asking.
If I didn't have the NGauge already I'd probably go with what he has. I love the look. I had the Aeroforce and it was meh...I mean it did what it needed to do but the look was boring IMO.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #9
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
If I didn't have the NGauge already I'd probably go with what he has. I love the look. I had the Aeroforce and it was meh...I mean it did what it needed to do but the look was boring IMO.
Yeah i really like the gauge pod holder, i've been seeing the ones in the vent, i'm trying to picture if the ngauge would look funny with the suction cup mount near those gauges. I also don't know how to move this thread to the correct section.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #10
MP3BOOSTED

just watched an overview of the banks idash gauge, really like it

Old 09-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #11
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Could be here for the gauge holder: https://zzperformance.com/collection...uge-pillar-pod
Old 09-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #12
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I am running an AEM A/F ratio gauge and a Aeroforce Interceptor that reads a bunch of stuff but I have it set to boost and alcohol content.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #13
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Could be here for the gauge holder: https://zzperformance.com/collection...uge-pillar-pod
awesome , i'm going to grab that now then.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #14
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
I am running an AEM A/F ratio gauge and a Aeroforce Interceptor that reads a bunch of stuff but I have it set to boost and alcohol content.
if you could do it again would you go with the banks gauge or stay with aeroforce?