Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2019, 10:17 AM   #15
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Damn that's awful. I had taken my Camaro in some time ago to the dealer to fix a rattle in the headliner. I got the car back and my shift knob was scratched up. I told my service advisor and they apologized and replaced it without a single issue.

Plus the rattle was fixed.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #16
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
OMG! I'd be so effn bent. I'd be so far up someone's arse they'd have PTSD by the time I'm done with them. In all reality each situation has to be evaluated and determined if professionalism and etiquette will get you farther than dropping bombs. If you've already gone the pro route, I'd go postal. That crap don't fly with me.

Doesn't matter if it's a Chevette or a Corvette, when it comes to other people's property respect is not conditional.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #17
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf View Post
I wounder if we could give mechanics the rental car treatment.

Where you take pics of the car and have them sign off on it to have a copy that those sratches didnt just appear out of no where if they come up.
+1

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #18
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
A service walk before the job with the service advisor is mandatory these days...every good dealer does this anyway...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #19
ugxvibe
GM Transmission Tech

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
A service walk before the job with the service advisor is mandatory these days...every good dealer does this anyway...
Yea, but they focus on exterior dings/dents for the most part.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #20
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
I would also recommend reading Google reviews and go to the best rated (might be a bit more expensive than others but worth the $$ for repairs like this).
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:11 AM   #21
Burnout Czar

Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
By the way, did they actually fix the rattle? Or no?
No they didn't fix the rattle.

I'm going to call the owner/general manager one more time for resolution. I definitely plan on posting google review. I've also got this thread going. Sad thing is this isn't the first bad experience I've had with Ewald Chevrolet Buick, but they are 5 minutes from my house. In any event I don't plan on going back to this dealer after this is resolved. I'd encourage others in the area to stay away as well.

Last edited by Burnout Czar; 05-24-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Burnout Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #22
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
I always have the service manager walk around the car as I video, I video everything including the inside noting pre-existing issues and I make sure I state the date, time and the name of the service manager as I aim the camera phone on him/her. A typical video is usually about 4 minutes long.
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #23
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
wow, I feel your pain, I'm super picky about stuff like that, and there's no way to unmar most surfaces. Chevy dealerships suck, I hadn't had a Chevy in a decade, so when I finally had to take the new Camaro back in to the overhauled dealership, same old crap it's always been. It was very disapointing
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #24
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
Yea, but they focus on exterior dings/dents for the most part.
My dealership inspects the area where the repair was going to be made, so in this case they would’ve done a walk-through the interior first.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:40 PM   #25
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Definitely unacceptable workmanship. Ask the manager if he can refer you to a real professional workman to do the repair and have them pickup the tab. If not get an attorney. No way in hell would I let them touch it again. Looks like somebody went crazy with a screw driver. Chevy makes special plastic tools specifically for interior dismantling. Obviously none were used here.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:38 PM   #26
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I think I found their pry tool
Old 05-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #27
Burnout Czar

Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
wow, I feel your pain, I'm super picky about stuff like that, and there's no way to unmar most surfaces. Chevy dealerships suck, I hadn't had a Chevy in a decade, so when I finally had to take the new Camaro back in to the overhauled dealership, same old crap it's always been. It was very disapointing
That's the problem with Chevrolet dealers selling Camaro's and Corvette's. They are ill equipped to sell or service them and this what happens. This car isn't a $15,000 Spark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Definitely unacceptable workmanship. Ask the manager if he can refer you to a real professional workman to do the repair and have them pickup the tab. If not get an attorney. No way in hell would I let them touch it again. Looks like somebody went crazy with a screw driver. Chevy makes special plastic tools specifically for interior dismantling. Obviously none were used here.
I left a message with the general manager's (also owner) admin today. We'll see what he says when returns on Monday. I question if the service manager actually spoke with the general manager.

Last edited by Burnout Czar; 07-30-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Burnout Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:25 AM   #28
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout Czar View Post
That's the problem with Chevrolet dealers selling Camaro's and Corvette's. They are ill equipped to sell or service them and this what happens. This car isn't a $15,000 Spark.

I left a message with the general manager's (also owner) admin today. We'll see what he says when returns on Monday. I question if the service manager actually spoke with the general manager.

Probably not too far off.
1) Post pictures of the damage on social media.

2) File complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

3) Take it to another dealer, and get a repair estimate. Do this BEFORE any other work is done.

4) Tell the dealer who damaged the car, you are going to sue them in Small Claims Court for the damages.

5) Go out on the street on public property with a big sign that says, "ABC Dealer Damaged My Car and Won't Fix It! Don't Buy Here!".

Some tips here:

https://ask-a-lawyer.freeadvice.com/...me-i-58261.htm
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote