Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 05-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Weird phone/Bluetooth issue

So this just started this morning all of a sudden. When my phone connects to the car it'll stop playing whatever media playing(radio, XM, USB etc) and go on a phone call. I'll pull up the phone screen and it's basically calling myself but puts the call on hold. I either have to end the call on the screen or disconnect the phone for it to end...then my media starts playing again. It's done it every time I have started the car up today and the phone pairs. I've also unpaired and re-paired the phone twice.

Any ideas? I made no changes to the phone nor the car. Galaxy S9+.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Restart your phone and try again.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
FrostySS

I did a few times, still does it. I'll probably just disconnect the ground for a bit and see if it resets.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

Old 06-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #4
PatrioticLEO

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I am having the same issue and then some. When my phone connects to the car music only plays out of driver side speakers. I have to turn phone off and back on again to make everything go back to normal. Samsung told me today it was chevy problem and i told them that's not the case because i tested my phone on a bluetooth speaker and had the same problem. They blew me off telling me its my car still. Sounds like our problems came up about the same time because mine started about a week to week and half ago.
PatrioticLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
FrostySS

It's definitely the phone because now it happens in my BMW.

Old 06-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #6
PatrioticLEO

Currently regret leaving iphone to come to my s9 plus. Been nothing but problems. If you end up figuring anything out let me know and I will let you know what happens when I reach out to samsung again tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #7
FrostySS

you're the only other person is posted up saying they've had a problem. I may just do a factory reset and see if that changes anything

Old 06-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #8
PatrioticLEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
you're the only other person is posted up saying they've had a problem. I may just do a factory reset and see if that changes anything
I tried clearing bluetooth cache and data and it continued. Factory reset was the last thing I wanted to do but if it works ill unfortunately follow suit 😓
Old 06-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #9
PatrioticLEO

Hey dont know if youre aware, but there was a system update on the s9 plus and it fixed all the issues.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #10
FrostySS

Is that what it was? The only other change their phone I made was unpairing my gaming headset for my PS4 because I bought a new one and ever since then it's been fine but I didn't realize there was a system update I don't remember my phone flagging me to download and install the update but I was about to post up my update early this morning but forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:57 AM   #11
PatrioticLEO

The whole system is kinda weird. Like i said my phine did it randomly over night while phone was inactive but yeah my phone did a random software update like two days ago and I have not have the problem occur since. Knock on wood i dont jinx it...
Old 06-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #12
FrostySS

Mine has been fine in the Camaro. I haven't driven the BMW in the last few days since the weather has been nice but I assume it won't be an issue.