Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
Leonidas1947

Drives: Camaro
First Time Camaro Buyer

Hi guys,

Currently, I am looking to purchase my first Camaro. I have been a huge Camaro fan as my family had an I-ROCZ growing up and now after a couple years after graduating college I figured its finally time to get my own.

Although I would love to get the SS with the 6.2 V8, I believe the V6 is more in my price range for now. I know with the 2019 coming out in September (correct me if I am wrong) that chevy will have rebates etc on the 2018 models. I have found new ones with RS pckg, NPP Exhaust, tech package for $25k. But, I want to ask if you guys have any advice before I purchase and of any deals/price lowering strategies you may have.

Thanks!

TLDR;
Looking for a Camaro 6th gen, what's your advice on deals and price lowering strategies.
Leonidas1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
I normally send an email to dealers near me. Ask them a price and rebates and THEIR best price. Some will give you best price right there but some will just tell you to come in. I normally find lowest price list on Cars.com or Autotrader and shoot for that price and it worked.

When dealer lower their price then they needs make up from finance. So it is always GOOD to check your local Credit union see what they can gives you APR then you know what APR you can get.

You can apply many auto loan within 15 days or 20 days (you have to look up days) it wont hurt your credit.

Whatever you do, buyers will never win a dealer. So if you feel deal good enough and good services from dealer then just take it. and enjoy.
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Just out of college? Buy used.

IMO, skip a new car, work for a couple years, save for a house first (one outside of crooked high tax Illinois!), so you can get out on your own without a big debt ball and chain.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post

IMO, skip a new car, work for a couple years, save for a house first (one outside of crooked high tax Illinois!), so you can get out on your own without a big debt ball and chain.
25k is not a lot for new car these days. Also you cant race with your house....lol
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #5
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
RS V6 is plenty quick at 335 horses and will save much $ on insurance at your age. Get an SS after you are 25 if that is your ultimate plan. Shop around. Lots of rebates now available on leftover '18's and even some new '17's are still on lots. A good dealer can often get a car transferred from another dealer to get you exactly what you want. Good luck!
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #6
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Buy a used SS 1LE. Kickass car for the $$.

For example, this used one.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas1947 View Post
Hi guys,

Currently, I am looking to purchase my first Camaro. I have been a huge Camaro fan as my family had an I-ROCZ growing up and now after a couple years after graduating college I figured its finally time to get my own.

Although I would love to get the SS with the 6.2 V8, I believe the V6 is more in my price range for now. I know with the 2019 coming out in September (correct me if I am wrong) that chevy will have rebates etc on the 2018 models. I have found new ones with RS pckg, NPP Exhaust, tech package for $25k. But, I want to ask if you guys have any advice before I purchase and of any deals/price lowering strategies you may have.

Thanks!

TLDR;
Looking for a Camaro 6th gen, what's your advice on deals and price lowering strategies.
Deals can be had now on 17’s and 18’s IMHO hit up Becky D @ James martin Chevrolet in Detroit Michigan she can hook you up. I purchased my SS from her last year.

Best buying experience ever buying a new car.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:

I agree. Now is not the time. Save your money. Do you have a job offer? A place to live? Priorities Priorities Priorities. To be honest you're parents should be buying it for you or helping you greatly.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #9
Prodogs

Drives: 2017 2ss
a couple of suggestions

o don't be afraid to buy used especially a CPO
o don't be afraid to travel - I have flown from Charlotte to Tampa to get a great deal on a car
o be patient - contact dealers using email or text - don't negotiate at the dealership unless you are really close to your price.
o be aware of the incentives offered they change from month to month

Here's a great deal on a 2LT

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=184441308

And another deal on an RS

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=187808511
Prodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #10
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
To be honest you're parents should be buying it for you or helping you greatly.
Parents shouldn't be doing a thing, especially for a (let's face it) luxury item like a new or used-but-recent pony car. We're not talking a kid in his sophomore year without even the couple grand to get a 10 year old economy car for basic transportation here. Or if a Camaro is really desired, go for another IROC for now for about the same price.

Out of college is the perfect time to start making grown up decisions without going to mom and dad for support.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #11
Leonidas1947

Drives: Camaro
Thank you guys! Sorry I should have explained my situation a little further. What I mean is that I graduated a little over two years ago. Now I have a great job and feel as if it's time to purchase something I've wanted for quite some time.
Leonidas1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #12
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Parents shouldn't be doing a thing, especially for a (let's face it) luxury item like a new or used-but-recent pony car. We're not talking a kid in his sophomore year without even the couple grand to get a 10 year old economy car for basic transportation here. Or if a Camaro is really desired, go for another IROC for now for about the same price.

Out of college is the perfect time to start making grown up decisions without going to mom and dad for support.

Nah. Now is the perfect time to let your parents buy it for you or give a sizeable down payment on it. That's what parents are for OP. Don't be scared to ask for help.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #13
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
https://www.truecar.com/
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #14
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:

At his age a fast car is much more important than a house. How many people do you see telling old stories about their house? Look at all the people with stories to tell about the old Musclecars they had when they were younger. Screw the house!
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote