Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
kzjmnb

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible
2017 Camaro Convertible Rear Seat Cushion Removal

I have a 2017 Camaro Convertible and would like to know how I go about removing the rear seat cushion. I tried just lifting it up from the front of the cushion, but it would not budge and I didn't want to pry on it for fear of breaking something. Can anyone help me?
kzjmnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
you have to push in rotate it back then lift up and out
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzjmnb View Post
I have a 2017 Camaro Convertible and would like to know how I go about removing the rear seat cushion. I tried just lifting it up from the front of the cushion, but it would not budge and I didn't want to pry on it for fear of breaking something. Can anyone help me?
It should be the same as a coupe, get a wide slim prybar and push it in an under the middle front edge of the seat and just pry up. it will pop out of the big plastic holder .
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
You have to put some muscle into when lifting the seat bottom cushion. Please be aware that there are 2 white plastic clips on each side that will likely break when the seat bottom cushion is removed. They will need to be replaced. They are about $15 bucks each. I will check for the part # on a spare that I have laying around somewhere.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
You have to put some muscle into when lifting the seat bottom cushion. Please be aware that there are 2 white plastic clips on each side that will likely break when the seat bottom cushion is removed. They will need to be replaced. They are about $15 bucks each. I will check for the part # on a spare that I have laying around somewhere.
I have popped mine out twice, no problem with the white plastic clips that are snug in the floor. The seat has the metal post that goes into the plastic clip.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
kaamacat

Drives: 2018 ZL1/1LE Red
The clips referred to are about 1/2 way in on each side... slide a thin screwdriver under the seat cushion, then left to right. (just like finding a stud in a wall). These clips are in the seat base facing straight-down. Point here is you either pull straight up extremely hard or, get a larger piece of leverage and pry upwards (suggest to cover the rod of the item with a flat solid/thin item so as not to damage the seat). STRAIGHT UP....

The clip on the seat is about 2" long, 1" wide at best...and U shaped. It is received into the floor by a white plastic piece. That piece will either stay in the floor or come up with the seat. (you can remove an insert back into the floor later.

2018 ZL1 1LE (Red) - New Dec 2017
2015 ViperGT (Gunmetal w/Red stripes)
2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6sp
2011 Porsche GT3RS - White w/red graphics
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote