Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Commercials? Who in the heck watches TV anymore anyway? Most people have their noses stuck in their personal devices surfing on social media sites.
Dodge must think somebody still watches them and that they are paying off in Challenger/Charger sales.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #16
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
I have been on this forum since I purchased my Fifty, which is roughly 45 days.

The apologists for GM's marketing failures, it is simply tiring.

Whatever brand it is, Brand X, if they are last in sales, first in old stock, they are failing at communicating.

And that is what they are not doing. COMMUNICATING.

While it would be a complete waste of ad dollars to target a 19 year old or 21 year old, there are ways to get in front of them. But it would be a complete waste for a sale today.

So the Camaro brand leads in the oldest buyer (aged 52), while Dodge & Ford eat their lunch.

So, for those who want to see their Camaro in an ad, here is one from... DUBAI

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #17
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
I have been on this forum since I purchased my Fifty, which is roughly 45 days.

The apologists for GM's marketing failures, it is simply tiring.

Whatever brand it is, Brand X, if they are last in sales, first in old stock, they are failing at communicating.

And that is what they are not doing. COMMUNICATING.

While it would be a complete waste of ad dollars to target a 19 year old or 21 year old, there are ways to get in front of them. But it would be a complete waste for a sale today.

So the Camaro brand leads in the oldest buyer (aged 52), while Dodge & Ford eat their lunch.

So, for those who want to see their Camaro in an ad, here is one from... DUBAI

This makes me want to go out and buy another 6th gen to park next to my 2016 SS. I don’t care what media outlet they use but a commercial like that would move cars.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:00 PM   #18
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
I don't know the stats, but I see many females in my area driving Charger/Challengers and Mustangs (especially). I don't think I've seen one driving a Camaro in years. These are all V6 or 4 cylinder (Mustangs). In previous years V6 Mustangs were also known as a "secretary's car" because so many women bought them. I bet Mustang still kills Camaro in sales to women.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:39 AM   #19
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
I don't know the stats, but I see many females in my area driving Charger/Challengers and Mustangs (especially). I don't think I've seen one driving a Camaro in years. These are all V6 or 4 cylinder (Mustangs). In previous years V6 Mustangs were also known as a "secretary's car" because so many women bought them. I bet Mustang still kills Camaro in sales to women.
For the 2016 year (last available right now), regarding VIO (Vehicles in Operation).

1st Ford Mustang

25% of new Mustang owners have a FICO score of 800 or better
HHI: $85K
Mix: Male 70% / Female 30%

2nd Chevrolet Camaro

21% of new Camaro owners have a FICO score of 800 or better
HHI: $75K
Mix: Male 69% / Female 31%

3rd Dodge Challenger

18% of new Challenger owners have a FICO score of 800 or better
HHI: $90K
Mix: Male 75% / Female 25%

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:16 AM   #20
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
There are a lot of gals around here with 5th gen and 6th gen Camaros. They are mainly v6s from the ones ive seen.

The data posted above would show pretty even.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #21
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The Camaro is 50 years old. Saying that one of the most recognizable nameplates in US history isn't selling because it isn't being advertised is ridiculous. The car isn't selling well for several reasons...but advertising isn't one of them.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Careful bumping this thread back to life it might get buried away in a subsection lol

As I have said before, I don't think they need to do a full on Camaro ad campaign. They could IMO at least feature it in more ads that they are already doing and get rid of those god awful real people ads
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #23
theamcguy

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudie7 View Post
The Camaro is 50 years old. Saying that one of the most recognizable nameplates in US history isn't selling because it isn't being advertised is ridiculous. The car isn't selling well for several reasons...but advertising isn't one of them.
Design is the biggest reason. Both the Mustang and Challenger resonate with the target market. The Camaro misses the mark it looks too angry or like a Transformer; the redesign did not hit the mark and Chevrolet is paying the price. Performance wise it is at the top of the game but people looking for that kind of car don't want to be caught dead driving it. It's not the marketing (none needed really), it's not the performance, it's the design pure and simple, a great package in an ugly design.

Do It Right or Don't Do It At All
theamcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 AM   #24
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
There are a lot of gals around here with 5th gen and 6th gen Camaros. They are mainly v6s from the ones ive seen.

The data posted above would show pretty even.
BeckyD should post a pic of her garage. She’d need a wide angle lens to get in all the Camaros. And not a V6 in the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
Design is the biggest reason. Both the Mustang and Challenger resonate with the target market. The Camaro misses the mark it looks too angry or like a Transformer; the redesign did not hit the mark and Chevrolet is paying the price. Performance wise it is at the top of the game but people looking for that kind of car don't want to be caught dead driving it. It's not the marketing (none needed really), it's not the performance, it's the design pure and simple, a great package in an ugly design.
I doubt it is the VISUAL design. More likely that the non-compromised performance approach to SS, 1LE, and ZL1 has compromised everyday functionality for even the base models. As an SS Convertible owner, I do not expect a lot of trunk space and it doesn’t bother me that the rear seats are teeny-tiny. For someone buying the car more for looks and sporty feel (not to be confused with flat out performance) those trade-offs are probably a lot harder to make. Then there’s price. All this performance comes at a price. I applaud GM at being able to command the ATPs that Camaro is getting. So much of that is, again, coming from the higher end performance models.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #25
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
While I don't care much for the current design, I don't think it's "ugly". More quirky from my perspective. I think the absolute biggest reason the numbers are down is pricing. Just too much loot to get into a V8 compared to the competition. The next reason is functionality. The car simply doesn't function as well in the day-to-day as the competition. And once the die-hards have made their purchases the car is now left to try and appeal to the "non-enthusiast" per se, where issues like a tiny trunk, ergonomics (or whatever the perceived issue is) play a much bigger role in making a purchase.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #26
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
An AMC guy calling anything else ugly is some straight up irony

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote