Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #1
ssebas

Drives: nightfall gray 1ss m6
Fuel cut at 5k

Happened to me twice already. While doing a wide open throttle pull car falls on its face. Goes from track mode to tour mode. And rev match turns off. Check engine light blinks. Happens right before I’m about to hit 5k rpm. Checked for codes nothing appears. Tried another pull right after and it doesn’t do it anymore. Anybody know what this can be?

17 camaro ss. Flex fuel/headers/CAI
ssebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
DatBrotato

Drives: '18 SS 1LE M6
Talk to your tuner and have him log the car.(I'm assuming you had the flex fuel tables tweaked during install).
It sounds like the car is pulling timing. Maybe because it's knocking or misfiring.

Which longtubes do you have? Check your spark wires, people have reported burning wires with LTs and causing similar symptoms.

Regardless I'd stop doing pulls until you find the culprit.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
this happened after my header install, ended up installing the heatshield to starter incorrectly and it cut into negative cable and caused a short at WOT. simply fixed that and all was well afterwards
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
found this for you...this is a quote from the below thread.

So you must keep your foot off of the clutch until you are about to shift, the slightest of contact with the clutch pedal while at full throttle over 93% depressed will cut the spark and power to engine. You don't even have to press the pedal at all, just resting your foot on clutch pedal in anticipation of next shift will activate sensor and cut power.

it's from this 14 page thread here..https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...489461&page=14

Here's another thread..https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=10071978
Old 05-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
ssebas

Drives: nightfall gray 1ss m6
I appreciate it! Yes i made sure my foot isn’t resting on the clutch. And I’m n/a i don’t have a blower or anything. It’s really weird it doesn’t do it everytime i do a pull and i can’t duplicate the problem.
ssebas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change of modes, fuel cut, rev match off