#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #29
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Why not just make a version with valves? Right foot has nothing to do with 4am cold start unless its dead quite at idle? I have a corsa extreme on my Z06 and am very unhappy I lost the valves. I won’t make that mistake again. The neighbors def aren’t happy with me and I have to take annoying precautions now to try not to disturb them too much.
Multiple reasons, pricing and market research being two.
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #30
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Those valves are wide open on cold start anyway.
The close up afterwards helps but not going to calm down the initial blast. I use the garage door down start-up at 4am even with stock exhaust.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:08 PM   #31
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
I know of one person that's switching from attack to this touring system as soon as it hits market........Its a beautiful sounding system, even in the cabin.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #32
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
The close up afterwards helps but not going to calm down the initial blast. I use the garage door down start-up at 4am even with stock exhaust.
Valid point, Crim.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #33
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslowss View Post
I know of one person that's switching from attack to this touring system as soon as it hits market........Its a beautiful sounding system, even in the cabin.
It's truly something special!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #34
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Is there a way to sign up for updates without signing up for an account on the site itself? Or will you just announce when its available in this thread?
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #35
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
I believe if you shut it down in stealth mode, it will start in stealth mode
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #36
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
That’s not accurate.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #37
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
These npp comments. Come on guys. If you want npp, just look elsewhere. I got rid of my valves without a second thought when I installed my Kooks axleback. I dont miss having the option at all. I pulled the fuse as soon as I brought the car home anyway.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #38
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Why not just make a version with valves? Right foot has nothing to do with 4am cold start unless its dead quite at idle? I have a corsa extreme on my Z06 and am very unhappy I lost the valves. I won’t make that mistake again. The neighbors def aren’t happy with me and I have to take annoying precautions now to try not to disturb them too much.
Some of you must have some whiney neighbors. I haven't heard a cold start that's that concerning. My neighbor has a freaking racecar that he starts with his garage door up from time to time. It doesn't bother anyone a bit.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #39
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
AWE makes some great sounding exhausts for the euro market. I almost picked up their catback for my Mk7 R before making the switch to the ZL1.

Tired of some of the quirks with my NPP so I'm definitely going to be in the market for a valveless system. Neighbors be damned.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:12 PM   #40
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
That’s definitely not correct. They are closed in Stealth mode, and it’s WAY quieter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
Some of you must have some whiney neighbors. I haven't heard a cold start that's that concerning. My neighbor has a freaking racecar that he starts with his garage door up from time to time. It doesn't bother anyone a bit.
You can put me on that list. You have to remember that both NYC and the California coast are the epicenter of Prius driving crybabies. And at least for me, I have an HOA that I have to live with.

My car is pretty damn loud with headers, but at least I have the option to shut it up if I really need to. So for me, having the valves is pretty much a requirement.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #41
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
That’s definitely not correct. They are closed in Stealth mode, and it’s WAY quieter.

You can put me on that list. You have to remember that both NYC and the California coast are the epicenter of Prius driving crybabies. And at least for me, I have an HOA that I have to live with.

My car is pretty damn loud with headers, but at least I have the option to shut it up if I really need to. So for me, having the valves is pretty much a requirement.
Yep, didn't look at your location. I have HOA too, but people in the southeast region whine slightly less.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #42
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
AWE makes some great sounding exhausts for the euro market. I almost picked up their catback for my Mk7 R before making the switch to the ZL1.

Tired of some of the quirks with my NPP so I'm definitely going to be in the market for a valveless system. Neighbors be damned.

I'm really interested to hear this. Let's see if it can beat my Kooks axleback. Now, I'm just curious on price. I hope they dont pull a GTHaus move and charge $3k for an axleback.