Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
OK Please don't laugh..roof rack for 6th gen?

I know I know..does anyone use or has anyone seen, a cargo box (Thule, Yakima etc) mounted on a roof rack on a 6th gen? ZL1 1LE (I assume if a setup exists it would apply to all 6th gens, sans 'vert of course)

..and the reason is..I'd like to use it carry bare necessities for weekend long track events.

My 4Runner can't safely tow the beast or I would use that to set up pit camp. (and carry spare rubber)

UPDATE: I have traded in my 4Runner and got myself a 13 Sierra 1500 Denali with the 6.2L and Tow package. It was an even swap...and I have located a trailer can borrow from time to time. Time to book more trackdays.

Last edited by full*throttle*therapy; 06-24-2018 at 11:46 AM.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
I know I know..does anyone use or has anyone seen, a cargo box (Thule, Yakima etc) mounted on a roof rack on a 6th gen? ZL1 1LE (I assume if a setup exists it would apply to all 6th gens, sans 'vert of course)

..and the reason is..I'd like to use it carry bare necessities for weekend long track events.

My 4Runner can't safely tow the beast or I would use that to set up pit camp. (and carry spare rubber)
Not that i know of, but a receiver is available, theoretically you could hook up a light trailer to tow your tires and a few miscellaneous things. This is a fairly normal thing for some people that track cars.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #3
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
ya your not going want to put 4 tires and wheels up on the roof, but the trailer is a very good idea.

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #4
full*throttle*therapy

I am open to a trailer, we have enough TQ to tow a small house. I'll look into a receiver and trailer..that would fit the bill better than a roof rack. (and no I wasn't going to put rubber on a rack, lol...more like ez-up, jack, jack stands, chair, tools, etc.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
I am open to a trailer, we have enough TQ to tow a small house. I'll look into a receiver and trailer..that would fit the bill better than a roof rack. (and no I wasn't going to put rubber on a rack, lol...more like ez-up, jack, jack stands, chair, tools, etc.
Start here —-> https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Hitch
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:47 AM   #6
full*throttle*therapy

^^^

ok, reading through the provided links tells me a receiver hitch "is a no from me dawg".

..the research continues.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #7
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Can't a 4Runner tow 5000 lbs?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
A nice, aluminum car trailer is still at least 1500 pounds.. would put you over 5k with the Camaro on it. I'm sure it would still pull it but it wouldn't be a fun experience.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
full*throttle*therapy

ya, it's right on the edge of my comfort factor..and if I do start to trailer to trackdays, it would open up my range quite a bit. (max right now is 250 miles driving).

I've only had the 4runner less than a year, and i just got it outfitted perfectly :(. I'll do a few events and see if I get the bug, and may consider selling and getting a 1/2 ton of some type and at that point I may as well get an enclosed trailer with sleeping quarters and AC...

..and win the lotto, and quit my job. s l i p p e r y slope ain't it?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #10
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lol dont do it
Old 06-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #11
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Its your car and do what you have to do.

My suggestion, get a trailer for the 4runner like others have said. Put your pit setup/tires in it etc. Have a friend drive the 4runner w/trailer and you drive the beast to the track. I'm sure a helping hand on track day would be nice, right? .

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #12
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
I want one for a kayak, a hitch would be cool for pulling a jet ski. Zero ****s what others think about it if it works for me!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #13
full*throttle*therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Its your car and do what you have to do.

My suggestion, get a trailer for the 4runner like others have said. Put your pit setup/tires in it etc. Have a friend drive the 4runner w/trailer and you drive the beast to the track. I'm sure a helping hand on track day would be nice, right? .

I need a track day buddy! Applications being accepted!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #14
RDBURNR

Drives: 2016 Camarro 2SS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA BREATHE......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BREATHE......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PASS OUT, FALL DOWN, GET UP......REPEAT hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA BREATHE......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BREATHE......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GLAD I GOT THAT OUT OF MY SYSTEM!
Stage 2 Intercooler w/ Race BOV
ZL1 Fuel Upgrade
LT4 Injectors
Fuel Voltage Booster
AEM Boost and AFR Gauges
Dynatech 1 7/8th Headers
JRE Tuning
RDBURNR is offline   Reply With Quote