Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 09-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #71
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
LOWDOWN, C5's version of thePill. Or maybe he IS thePill in disguise!

Mind= BLOWN!!
This should really piss him off.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #72
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
So, if the ZL1 runs 11s "stock", does that mean the GT500 is a low 11 second car or that the Hellcat is a high 10 second car?
The videos and documents produced by Chevy to support the ZL1 are factual and loaded with technical information. If Chevy were to produce a video like this or the A$$ Monkey, I'd disappointed. What those don't say is louder than what they do.

All I'm saying is that a ZL1 running 11.93 doesn't require suspension of disbelief. Chevy is headed in the right direction and the Z/28 selection as Motor Trend Best Drivers car and the new C7 Z06 bare this out. I don't sense that confidence in the Ford camp and Dodge (to me) looks like a gimmick. The 80s hair-band ad campaign fits. Go to the Dodge site and "unlock handling".
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 15-PG-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1.pdf (248.1 KB, 135 views)

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #73
TheReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
The videos and documents produced by Chevy to support the ZL1 are factual and loaded with technical information. If Chevy were to produce a video like this or the A$$ Monkey, I'd disappointed. What those don't say is louder than what they do.

All I'm saying is that a ZL1 running 11.93 doesn't require suspension of disbelief. Chevy is headed in the right direction and the Z/28 selection as Motor Trend Best Drivers car and the new C7 Z06 bare this out. I don't sense that confidence in the Ford camp and Dodge (to me) looks like a gimmick. The 80s hair-band ad campaign fits. Go to the Dodge site and "unlock handling".
Maybe you are a Fanboy or Fanboi. Did Ford lie about the 2013 GT 500? Why are we comparing a ZL1 to a GT Mustang?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #74
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Maybe you are a Fanboy or Fanboi. Did Ford lie about the 2013 GT 500? Why are we comparing a ZL1 to a GT Mustang?
It didnt need to...SRA ftw.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #75
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
You can lead a mustang to water, but you can't make it drink...

Unless it's FORD KOOLAID...then the geldings will DROWN in it...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #76
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
I can always count on LOWDOWN to shit all over everything that isn't a Camaro. Glad to have you around bro! Thanks for informing me nothing but a Camaro is a worthy car.

***Heads to Chevy Dealer***
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #77
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Guess all you Dearborn Dandies missed THIS missive of mine:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=377752&page=6

POST 135...

THIS deliberate MISINFORMATION by FRPP is sooo freakin' unfortunate. And ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY...

Shame on Kershaw & Co.

Over 'n out.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #78
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Guess all you Dearborn Dandies missed THIS missive of mine:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=377752&page=6

POST 135...
All you're really saying is the new Mustangs are better than the older S197 Platform and Ford priced the Mustangs "competitively" and that's really all I see...

I guess I came to a point where after years of seeing your posts how everything but the Camaro is basically Sub-Par, I responded.

Carry on bro!

Oh, My car was made in Arkansas, sorry Brah! :P
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #79
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The document cited is an OFFICIAL GM document. On their stationery. On their website. If you have a problem with its bona fides, contact GM.

As for Ford, in this case, we're NOT assuming anything. We've simply caught them, on their own video, LYING! To YOU!

Period. End of story.

And YOU, if you're feeling slighted, can contact Jesse Kershaw and let HIM know. If you're NOT feeling slighted, see the previous paragragh...

Thanks for your input.
Where were they caught lying? Are you still talking about the off-road exhaust? That's a pretty vague term that could easily refer to a dump. You know, the Boss did have the dump valves going to a side exit exhaust. How are you so sure their off-road exhaust isn't something like that?

trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #80
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:

If you believe a manufacturer's claim about performance of a vehicle...I have beach front property in Arizona I want to sell you. Funny how no third party tests ever got the ZL1 into the 11s...or even close. Out of the thousands of ZL1 sold, only a few (and I mean very few) got to the 11s "stock".
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #81
TheReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
It didnt need to...SRA ftw.
The SRA is a killer in the 1320 ain't it.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:43 AM   #82
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
LOWDOWN, C5's version of thePill. Or maybe he IS thePill in disguise!

Mind= BLOWN!!

I have thought that for awhile now but thePill is annoying Lowdown is entertaining - still some similarities

Its not going to make me go trade in my Camaro but I see nothing wrong with Fords advertised/promoted video.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #83
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
If you believe a manufacturer's claim about performance of a vehicle...I have beach front property in Arizona I want to sell you. Funny how no third party tests ever got the ZL1 into the 11s...or even close. Out of the thousands of ZL1 sold, only a few (and I mean very few) got to the 11s "stock".
I find it to be a reasonable claim because it has been done by others.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=spQLaTWbThs

Your reason for saying Chevy lied? To be unreasonable? To deflect attention from an obvious lie!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 09-29-2014 at 07:43 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #84
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
I find it to be a reasonable claim because it has been done by others.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=spQLaTWbThs

Your reason for saying Chevy lied? To be unreasonable? To deflect attention from an obvious lie!
BECAUSE ALL CAR MANUFACTURERS LIE. Simple and to the point...
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote