Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS
Internal pcv catch can valve

Welp I just put everything together.. need to wait 72 hours for everything to cure. Then I can test. I bought eBay cans with the intention of modifying them with my own baffle system I’m not a fan of any can on the market so I figure I can fav the inside of these to work how I want avoid splash up and all that.
Current issue is the engine cover will not go back on. It fit prior to the new valve but I cannot route a tight enough bend so I’ll have to trim it which is the least of my concerns at the moment.
Attached Images

Thandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Wow! Like what you did with the pcv tap. I have the mishi set up with the plastic tap. Any other details on how you made yours?
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

All aluminum round bar stock and a lathe. Basically tube runs into the internal valve straight through..routed to the can.. out can into the side of the valve whis open to the valve cover.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Dude when you said you were going to machine something, this is WAY beyond what I think a lot of people were expecting. Hard line tubing, fittings everywhere. Nice job man, that's an insane amount of time into the project.

I'm curious how it does with the triple setup, and with hard lines most people can probably follow along your routing to see which path everything takes. Also hopefully no vacuum leaks. lol.
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Wow, just wow. That’s all I can say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

All the fittings are sealed with high temp sealant. I have been running without the internal for a while no leaks so as long as the internal pcv adaptor is good I’m good. Once I test it and it’s good I’ll make better baffling and polish everything. That won’t be fun.

Thanks for the compliments all!
Old 09-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
Dude when you said you were going to machine something, this is WAY beyond what I think a lot of people were expecting. Hard line tubing, fittings everywhere. Nice job man, that's an insane amount of time into the project.

I'm curious how it does with the triple setup, and with hard lines most people can probably follow along your routing to see which path everything takes. Also hopefully no vacuum leaks. lol.
I can give detailed on How the lines run in basic format I have a basic ms paint somewhere for it.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #8
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
This looks so confused. Why do you choose to use three cans? Also is there reason you choose aluminum line?
Old 09-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

I’ve never routed hardline before so I apologize that you are not happy with my routing, but I did it myself and proud. I took on a project that I have never attempted before and damn proud I did it.
3 cans is so all three parts of the pcv system dirty side are collected and fed back to the motor clean. No worry of clogging check valves, no issue of clogging the vacuum pump.
Stainless would have been a pain to work with, heavy, offered 0 benefit to this type of system and double the price.. aluminum is light easy to polish easy to keep clean and honestly much easier to bend and route.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandel View Post
I’ve never routed hardline before so I apologize that you are not happy with my routing, but I did it myself and proud. I took on a project that I have never attempted before and damn proud I did it.
3 cans is so all three parts of the pcv system dirty side are collected and fed back to the motor clean. No worry of clogging check valves, no issue of clogging the vacuum pump.
Stainless would have been a pain to work with, heavy, offered 0 benefit to this type of system and double the price.. aluminum is light easy to polish easy to keep clean and honestly much easier to bend and route.
No No No need to apologize. Well im proud of you, i was just wondering if there was any tech reason you choose to go many cans. Im always like to learn.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Really I chose 3 cans because because I didn’t want to cap off any of the factory system I figured they made it a certain way for a reason.. some engineers that know a lot more than me.
The aftermarket kits just did not seem worth the money or routed things ways they shouldn’t be routed through vacuum pumps. The big thing was the internal pcv valve and how to catch it.. I saw the mishi valve but cheap plastic, the cans are small the baffling is trash way to many ways for splash up to occur then you are back to filling the intake system with oil. It’s just not worth the money.

Last edited by Thandel; 09-24-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-26-2018, 07:05 AM   #12
Adb1lt

Drives: Black 2017 2.0
I need that piece ahaha
Adb1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #13
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
I hate the LTG pcv system in its entirety. I hope too avoid most shortcomings with a specific fuel, oil, and maintenance routine.

But, regardless of the pcv system,..
I think you've done something better here!!

Somehow......

You legit, made the LTG engine bay look better
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #14
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Much appreciated. I do like the way it looks I actually took tomorrow off work so either I’m going to the Englishtown swap meet to look for some used parts I can salvage or if it is raining.. polish time begins.

Hopefully I’ll be able to take it out for a drive tonight to test it out. I do know the 2 cans on the outside are catching though minimal due to no baffling so just want to make sure nothing crazy pops up with the internal.. then baffle and show that..