Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlhay2 View Post
On the 1st dyno run...
Exactly! And on a dynojet
Old 08-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #30
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
You could strap this on and just make some more power but the majority of people buying this blower likely have bigger plans than that. This blower will make more power and more efficiently while raising the limits of the power on tap.

All the best,

Jared
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #31
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I would love to know the difference between these 2 setups...

Headers, CAI, and stock blower with a lower or upper vs the 2300 magi, headers, and CAI(no fuel mods other than a lift pump or Aux pump)

no meth, no 93 and e85 just head to head to where they can be tuned safely.. on 93 only
Pardon the ignorance but i'm not sure I follow.

Jared
Old 08-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #32
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
10-12 hours install? Is that correct ?
Old 08-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #33
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL14ME View Post
You might be right. If the 2.9L Whipple adds 125HP costs $5900 and the Maggie 2300 costs $5000 for 60HP, then the...

Whipple is $47/hp
Maggie is $83/hp

I agree, that's more expensive. The Maggie would need to have way better cooling capability over the Whipple. And maybe it does?
Hold up! Whipple CLAIMS 125 RWHP increase on their website, but nobody has ever seen 125. In fact, the tuners I’ve checked with (including some that sponsor this forum) have tested the Whipple kit and are seeing from 40-75 RWHP increase. That sounds much more in line with the Magnuson kit. Also, if 125 were really true, you would be almost out of fuel.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #34
JDP Sales

Maggie all day. The whipple is bigger and thats the only plus. Magnuson makes a more efficient blower. I've yet to see a Whipple car that blew me away with the numbers for the size of the blower and the heat that they seem to create.

It will all boil down to desired power level and intended use but we have seen better results and lower IAT's with the Magnuson blowers.

All the best,

Jared
Old 08-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #35
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
Maggie all day. The whipple is bigger and thats the only plus. Magnuson makes a more efficient blower. I've yet to see a Whipple car that blew me away with the numbers for the size of the blower and the heat that they seem to create.

It will all boil down to desired power level and intended use but we have seen better results and lower IAT's with the Magnuson blowers.

All the best,

Jared
Sounds like a great OEM+ upgrade. Are you able to do an IAT comparison between the Maggie and the factory blower? I'm specifically interested in seeing how it performs vs. the factory blower for an HPDE track weekend.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #36
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
10-12 hours install? Is that correct ?
Yes sir!

All the best,

Jared
Old 08-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #37
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Sounds like a great OEM+ upgrade. Are you able to do an IAT comparison between the Maggie and the factory blower? I'm specifically interested in seeing how it performs vs. the factory blower for an HPDE track weekend.
We will definitely have that ability. We have 3 ZL1/1LE's scheduled for this blower at present. We won't have the jobs in for another month as we are scheduled out around 6-8 weeks but we'll be sure to post of the details. Stay tuned!

All the best,

Jared
Old 08-19-2018, 01:48 AM   #38
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Yes sir!

All the best,

Jared
I do not wrench nor am I mechanically inclined. I will think on it Camaro SS 10 to 12 hours . May I ask why insulation is so long on the ZL1?

I assumed changing out blowers was a straightforward process.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #39
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Pardon the ignorance but i'm not sure I follow.

Jared
If I may, I think he was saying that he'd like to see a comparo of the stock blower with headers, CAI, and a lower or upper pulley vs the 2.3L blower with the same mods. But no E85 and no meth. Just tune on 93 octane. I too would like to see what those results would be and how the two blowers would compare. I think the reason he wants to see such a comparison is to see if the 2.3 really is making more HP over the stock blower when both are modded. That way we can decide if it is worth the money to buy the 2.3L blower or just mod the stock blower. If the 2.3L blower needs cam and ported heads to really shine and if a person is not really interested in doing all that then the stock blower might be enough.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #40
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:

All the best,

Jared
Based on What you said why did GM go 2.9L Whipple for the Copo? Only cause of its size?

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:50 AM   #41
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
If I may, I think he was saying that he'd like to see a comparo of the stock blower with headers, CAI, and a lower or upper pulley vs the 2.3L blower with the same mods. But no E85 and no meth. Just tune on 93 octane. I too would like to see what those results would be and how the two blowers would compare. I think the reason he wants to see such a comparison is to see if the 2.3 really is making more HP over the stock blower when both are modded. That way we can decide if it is worth the money to buy the 2.3L blower or just mod the stock blower. If the 2.3L blower needs cam and ported heads to really shine and if a person is not really interested in doing all that then the stock blower might be enough.

That's what I meant JDP!

The most power from a stock Lt4(NO PORTING) with either an upper or lower or combo of the 2 vs. the most power from the Maggi running out of timing or fuel however you want to word it.. both on 93

Both setups should have:

1. Headers
2. Stock TB porting like a Mamo is ok
3. CAI
4. Low side / aux pump

Neither setup can have:

1. Port heads or blower
2. larger TB no 102mm
3. No Meth
4. No e85, e60, e50 ect.. Torco

I just got thru watching the Whipple by redline wasn't impressed.. But I'm not sure how much more tuning it could have, if pulley swap was possible and so on..

It was an Auto Cadi and I'm a manual zl1 so, a M6 should read higher I assume.. right now I sit at 650 rwhp and 620 TQ w a lower, CAI, TM TB, and TSP headers..

Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 08-19-2018 at 09:04 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #42
RDD6

Drives: none
Whipple vs Magnuson - Heat & Gas Mileage

Both of these Superchargers move large quantities of air. However, there is one major difference between the two.

The Whipple, because it is a "Screw" type of Positive Displacement Supercharger, it "Compresses" the air with-in the Supercharger before it enters the intake manifold and when you compress air you also heat the air in the process of 'Compressing" it. This requires a substantially more robust charge air cooling system especially when doing any more lengthy high work load events or usage.

The Magnuson, because it is basically a modified "Roots" type of Supercharger that just moves the air thru the Supercharger. It does not compress the air with-in the Supercharger, but compresses the air against the "Back Side of the Closed Intake Valve". This by comparison to the "Screw" type of Supercharger introduces substantially less Heat into the charge air. This also requires a relatively smaller charge air cooling system which makes the modified "Roots" type of Supercharger more suitable for more lengthy high work load events because the heat produced is, practically speaking, more manageable than the "Screw" type of Supercharger. would be in this case.

An additional advantage of the Magnuson Supercharger is the "Equalizing Valve" which substantially reduces the amount of HP needed to rotate the Rotor assembly, because the pressure is equalized above and below the Rotors during Cruising. This translates into better gas mileage in town and on the highway under light work loads than the "Screw" type of Supercharger is capable of.
RDD6 is offline   Reply With Quote