Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-27-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnakeEater View Post
Update: I am going to be doing the LT4 fuel system upgrade as well. Matt from GP tuning can’t touch the car till May and I can’t wait that long so I am thinking about driving to Turlock and having Josh at Starkweather do the install/tune. I am waiting to hear back from him on a quote for the total cost of install/tune. Should know more tomorrow.
check out synergy motorsports in livermore also. he does alot of c7s, 5th gens and lately our cars
Old 02-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #16
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnakeEater View Post
My understanding is that the stock fuel system on the Camaro SS will support the addition of a supercharger. However, if you decide you want to run e85 or a different pully setup for more power down the road, you are going to need more fuel. By using the high pressure fuel pump, injectors and in tank pump the ZL1 uses (LT4) you are able to push it a little further. I am told that you still can't run full e85 until you do a cam swap which costs like $7k but you can run e60 which will give you plenty more power. Again, I am no expert. I am just going off what I have been told from reputable sources on this site.

If I had the bucks, I would do what you are doing, LT4 high and low side and run E60ish
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #17
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Total opposite thoughts here....

@OP I have had the Whipple now for about 5000 miles and I can say this much. My focus has all shifted from wanting more HP to wanting more traction....

My advice is to not focus so much on the HP "beyond what the Whipple gives" (which is a ton of torque/HP) and instead place the extra $$$ on your drivetrain/traction setup first then focus on the HP if desired.. this is what I'm going to do myself for the next upgrades.

The reason I say this is even with the 305s I got on my 1LE the car has SO much amazing low end RPM torque that it is very hard to enjoy 1st and 2nd because you are spinning or fishtailing. I think my 60ft got worse with the Whipple and I got a lot to learn/practice (I also have a manual.)

This is my own experience and may not be the same for everyone but just my 2 cents.

Enjoy that beast you are going to love it.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #18
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
How do you feel the Whipple impacted the general characteristics of your 1LE? I'm running through a lot of options for mods but, I'm worried that I will ruin the nature of the vehicle by overpowering its systems and even potentially upsetting its balance and poise.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote