Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #43
Jersey devil

Drives: '17 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
If the only thing you want to do is put a sealant on, none of the above.

CarPro Hydrofoam is as easy and as quick as it gets to seal your paint. Wash, rinse, pool rinse, dry what little water is left.....done.
Reapply in 3 months.

Ok, got a question regarding the hydrofoam. The directions say mix 1:9 regardless if in a foamer or bucket. Then after watching the video the guy says add approx 1 1/2 ounce. Well let's say I'm going to mix it in a tank sprayer with enough water to do my car which would probably be at least 64 ounces. According to the directions I'd need approx 7 ounces of hydrofoam, a heck of a lot more than the 1 1/2 ounces the video suggests. At 7 ounces that's almost 1/2 the bottle. Am I missing something here ???
Jersey devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #44
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey devil View Post
Ok, got a question regarding the hydrofoam. The directions say mix 1:9 regardless if in a foamer or bucket. Then after watching the video the guy says add approx 1 1/2 ounce. Well let's say I'm going to mix it in a tank sprayer with enough water to do my car which would probably be at least 64 ounces. According to the directions I'd need approx 7 ounces of hydrofoam, a heck of a lot more than the 1 1/2 ounces the video suggests. At 7 ounces that's almost 1/2 the bottle. Am I missing something here ???
64oz??? Wtf. Can’t help ya with dilution because I’ve never used this product, but I think my foam cannon (and all I’ve seen) are closer to ~32oz. I’ve never once used all of the bottle to thoroughly Foam any vehicle.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #45
Jersey devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
64oz??? Wtf. Can’t help ya with dilution because I’ve never used this product, but I think my foam cannon (and all I’ve seen) are closer to ~32oz. I’ve never once used all of the bottle to thoroughly Foam any vehicle.
Even if its 32 ounces then accrding to the directions you'd mix 3 ounces of the product. Now I dont have a foam cannon so it would be via the bucket method. I find it hard to believe your be able to do a whole car with a 1/2 gallon of water. However, being that I haven't tried the product please tell me I'm wrong for those that have used it.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #46
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Even if its 32 ounces then accrding to the directions you'd mix 3 ounces of the product. Now I dont have a foam cannon so it would be via the bucket method. I find it hard to believe your be able to do a whole car with a 1/2 gallon of water. However, being that I haven't tried the product please tell me I'm wrong for those that have used it.
This may not be the proper way to use it but I've been very happy with the results on my friend's hyundai doing it this way. He mixes up the hydrofoam in the 1 to 9 ratio in a spray bottle, then wets the car , then sprays 2 Spritzes per panel ,washes it with a mitt, and then rinses... done… Car looks fantastic

I do my wheels that way.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #47
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Yes 9 to 1 is correct. I have never used it in a bucket, that would be a waste of a lot of product. I use it in either a foam gun, or foam cannon. If I fill the container with 27oz of water and 3oz of Hydrofoam, I end up with enough
to do the entire surface, plus the wheels, and the hood/front/rear of my car a second time.

I usually do 2oz with 18oz of distilled water.... and that makes just enough for the entire surface and the wheels.

If you mixed up 64oz. to get 9 to 1 you would use 6.4oz of Hydrofoam, and the rest distilled water (57.6oz). That's enough to do at least 3 cars.

I only do one section at a time with a dedicated wash pad (Microfiber Madness Incredipad) and rinse. With the foam gun I spray some on the panel and some on the pad for the horizontal surfaces. For the vertical surfaces I just spray it on the pad. My guess would be using a pump sprayer, this would be the best route to keep from wasting product.

A foam cannon produces foam that will cling to the car, which is my preferred application process, so I can foam a section, wipe with the pad, then rinse.

When your done with the last section...…. do a pooling rinse, this is the fun part, watching the water fly off the paint. I can easily dry what is left on the paint with one 16" x 16" microfiber drying towel.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #48
Jersey devil

Thanks guys,

I think the best option since I dont have a foam gun/cannon would be to either get a simple spray bottle or a small garden sprayer.

Appreciate the help !!
Old 09-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #49
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Obsessed garage fan?
Lol! Yes, but his videos are a bit too long.

Still, power lock plus is amazing and looks great!
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #50
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I never get streaking with Reload, occasionally from the Reload/Echo QD, I try to mix it on the lighter side than most people do.
+1 this. If reload streaks, try cutting it with distilled water. Works fine on my uncoated DD at full strength, but on my coated Z I dilute 1 part Reload into 5 parts distilled.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #51
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Thanks guys,

I think the best option since I dont have a foam gun/cannon would be to either get a simple spray bottle or a small garden sprayer.

Appreciate the help !!

The best option is to choose another option if you don't have the proper tools.

These hydro coatings are *extremely* picky about water pressure.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #52
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
The best option is to choose another option if you don't have the proper tools.

These hydro coatings are *extremely* picky about water pressure.

Hydrofoam doesn't require a lot of water pressure to activate it, or any specific type of water pressure when rinsing, you can actually pool rinse it and get it to work.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote