Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-23-2021, 10:18 AM   #99
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Unlike Chevy, when a Toyota has transmission issues they will actually do a recall versus a fluid change and hoping it doesn’t shudder until after the warranty period.
IME every single auto company has done some extremely questionable things.

Also, Toyota has never come up with a good motor, except 2JZ. They use far too much gas for the power they make.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:21 PM   #100
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I'm no Toyota fan and neither is my name Scotty Kilmer, but that was a bit of a stretch... how does having more capacity automatically equate to lower quality?

Because they would all be on the streets instead of in engine bays with some engines or transmissions completely out of the cars getting some type of repairs.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:28 PM   #101
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
Go to www.chevrolet.com. In the vehicle tab choose Camaro and click on “build and price”. Spec Camaro the way you want it. On the summary tab at the very end there should be a location where you can check “view inventory”. It will list cars available according to your location. On the photo it will give an estimated delivery date. I used a Los Angeles ZIP Code and 157 cars came up with defined delivery dates.
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:50 PM   #102
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
Go to www.chevrolet.com. In the vehicle tab choose Camaro and click on “build and price”. Spec Camaro the way you want it. On the summary tab at the very end there should be a location where you can check “view inventory”. It will list cars available according to your location. On the photo it will give an estimated delivery date. I used a Los Angeles ZIP Code and 157 cars came up with defined delivery dates.

Thats good! 2022 in Sept starts as well! For you all that want a Camaro if you can't afford a new 2021 or 2022 I would wait until Oct when dealers have more new ones on the lots and they have to lower the prices on the inflated used ones they have.

The last couple weeks the Camaros listed around me have not been moving at all. A few even listed about $1000 below sticker price.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:37 PM   #103
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
Because they would all be on the streets instead of in engine bays with some engines or transmissions completely out of the cars getting some type of repairs.
imagine waiting 2 weeks for a simple oil change because the dealers near you had only 1 bay.. better yet, buy a Tesla and have fun waiting 6 months for a bumper after a fender bender.
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #104
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
imagine waiting 2 weeks for a simple oil change because the dealers near you had only 1 bay.. better yet, buy a Tesla and have fun waiting 6 months for a bumper after a fender bender.

That happened to me when I needed a oil change during season down here. 3 weeks to get into the dealer.

That's when they couldn't do my rotation properly you might recall. Not joking, I'd rather go to my local walmart for oil and tires. They actually do a better job than the dealer and they're cheaper too.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:46 AM   #105
c.s.v.b

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Huh. Guess it depends on location if you can see the estimated delivery dates. Can’t see them in my location.
c.s.v.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #106
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.s.v.b View Post
Huh. Guess it depends on location if you can see the estimated delivery dates. Can’t see them in my location.
So I guess that means they're at least loaded up on a train right now? It could still be a couple weeks then depending on where in the process it is.

Just wondering how some dealers have a number of them or in transit and some dealers none.

I guess these dealers put in orders for the camaro before the semi conductors ran out so now their cars finally getting completed.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #107
c.s.v.b

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
So I guess that means they're at least loaded up on a train right now? It could still be a couple weeks then depending on where in the process it is.

Just wondering how some dealers have a number of them or in transit and some dealers none.

I guess these dealers put in orders for the camaro before the semi conductors ran out so now their cars finally getting completed.
I got word yesterday that mine had shipped and was in Ohio. I also checked pals app on a bunch of other vins for other vehicles that were delivered. I don’t know if there’s a correlation but I’m assuming a bunch will arrive around the same time mine does.
c.s.v.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #108
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Do you have to put your mouse curser on the pic? I can not find an estimated delivery information..
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #109
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosenses View Post
Do you have to put your mouse curser on the pic? I can not find an estimated delivery information..
Not there on mine either.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote