Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
x_jarhead

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
AIM SoloDL2 ECU Profile?

'I have a Solo2 DL datalogger that I'd like to get sorted out prior to my first track event of the season on February 2nd.

I've searched the forum but can't find anything about the Solo2 DL.
While setting it up I see that there are 4 options for a GM ECU.

C6_LS2
C7_Stingray
E67 PERF ECU
Z06 LS7

I have built Displays using both C7_STINGRAY and E67 PERF ECU. but I'm having a hard time testing them.

Can anyone confirm that either of these (or something else) works with a 2018 1SS 1LE? Also in playing around with my DL on the street it appears to need either the "Enable the CAN Bus 120 Ohm resistor or the "Silent on CAN Bus" option selected (or both) or it shuts off TC/Stabilitrak/E-Diff/Etc.

Can anyone share any setup tips and tricks? Has anyone built a custom profile for the 6th Gen Camaro ECU themselves? it's probably not necessary as the GM options seem to have most/all the critical channels.

When I'm done I'll be happy to share my Display parameters so you can quickly download and install a bunch of default windows like OilTemp/OilPress, LapTime/LapCount, BestLap/Predictive Time as well as LED Bar setups for both predictive lap (+/-) and LT1 shift points.

Thanks in advance,
Ren
x_jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
2017 ss 1le with color dl and using C7 Stingray without any issues. I even have AIM wide band thru aims can bus.
Logging all the essential and using the LED lights as plus and minus on the current lap
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #3
x_jarhead

Thank you,

I tried that one today and it seems to work perfectly. I also turned on the resistor and set "silent on CAN Bus" and it all works perfectly now. I've got the LED set up as shift lights but I think I'll change to lap +/- like you have. Seems more useful as I already and a Tach for RPM.

Ren
Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #4
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Can you go into more detail on, "shuts off TC/Stabilitrak/E-Diff/Etc." How did you determine this? I had an issue on track last season where I believed my e-diff wasn't working properly and I had a funny suspicion it was related to the DL2.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #5
x_jarhead

Sure,

After setting up my Solo2 DL via WiFi by selecting an ECU profile and defining a couple of display screens I took it out to the car. I started the car with the OBD2 adaptor plugged into the port but not into the Solo yet. With the car running at idle, I plugged in the OBD2 cable to the Solo and immediately got a warning that Traction Control was disabled following by a warning that StabiliTrak was disabled then a warning that the E-Dif was disabled, Etc. These are displayed on the Dash and accompanied by a warning chime.

I immediately unplugged the cable from the Solo, but the systems stayed disabled until I shut off the car and restarted it. After the restart everything worked fine with no warnings.

Just to test I plugged it in again and got exactly the same result. After reconfiguring the Solo to be "Silent on CAN" in RaceStudio I can now plug in in with not issues. At appears that the Solo disrupted communication in the CAN bus which causes systems attached to it to shut down.

Ren
Old 04-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
rickybobby

Drives: BMW M3, ZL1 1LE
Has anyone installed the AIM Solo via the ECU CAN wiring? I did this on my BMW and it gave me a lot more channels of data to play with. It was a bit unnerving to tap into the large wire bundle but once I connected everything I had a nice clean installation with a good power source.
rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #7
x_jarhead

I have not tried to connect to the CAN bus but I did learn that the PDR data has more channels than the OBD-2 port does. It contains tire pressure, tire temp, suspension deflection as well as TC and Stabilitrack activation. I now use both AIM RS3 and the Cosworth Toolbox after most sessions. I generally use AIM for basic analysis and Cosworth to look at more complex issues (probably because the Cosworth toolbox is such a pain to use)

Tags
aim solo, data, data log