Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #701
indyz
 
Drives: 2SS, CT-R
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FLorida
Posts: 378
Join the class action lawsuit
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #702
SSport16


 
SSport16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,232
You can thank the $hithole CAFE garbage for these A8 issues as well, if it weren't for being forced to add AFM, these issues most likely would not even exist!
__________________
2SS Camaro, Garnet Red, Adrenaline Red, NPP, MRC, A8, 5 Split Spoke Bright Silver Wheels (56W)

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #703
T32803
 
T32803's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Join the class action lawsuit
I called the Law Firm in South Florida bringing the class action
but it was too late to join since they filed in Dec 2018.

They took my name and number in case they are allowed to add
me later on in the process. I'm not sure it's even worth it since
lawyers find ways to take all the money using fees and expenses.

I would prefer GM just fix the problem using parts that work but
I know that is unlikely to happen.
T32803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #704
T32803
 
T32803's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
You can thank the $hithole CAFE garbage for these A8 issues as well, if it weren't for being forced to add AFM, these issues most likely would not even exist!
I think the 2.0T and V6 meet CAFE requirements just fine without the AFM.
I read the target is 22 MPG and the V6 can do 25 easy without the AFM.
The V8's probably need the AFM to avoid the gas guzzler tax. I could be
wrong though..
T32803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #705
SSport16


 
SSport16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by T32803 View Post
I think the 2.0T and V6 meet CAFE requirements just fine without the AFM.
I read the target is 22 MPG and the V6 can do 25 easy without the AFM.
The V8's probably need the AFM to avoid the gas guzzler tax. I could be
wrong though..
It is usually spread across a number of engines/vehicles since CAFE is an average across the board for all of GM as a company, basically a work around to be able to still builds high HP V8's...so the 2.0T uses it to help across the board. Same is true of pickups, why they can still build them. It is all a crock of $hit.
__________________
2SS Camaro, Garnet Red, Adrenaline Red, NPP, MRC, A8, 5 Split Spoke Bright Silver Wheels (56W)

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #706
T32803
 
T32803's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
It is usually spread across a number of engines/vehicles since CAFE is an average across the board for all of GM as a company, basically a work around to be able to still builds high HP V8's...so the 2.0T uses it to help across the board. Same is true of pickups, why they can still build them. It is all a crock of $hit.
If they needed it for CAFE then fine. But why the fauk didn't GM give us
an off button accessible within the infotainment screen settings??

GM could have labeled it as "diagnostic mode" to hide it from the emissions police.

T32803 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.