Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-13-2023, 06:46 PM   #1
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Should I Let My Dealer Install Aftermarket Parts

I live some 90 miles from my dealer where the route is all interstate highway. The drive on I-4 will be scary enough will all of the knuckleheads in Central Florida on the roads. I am concerned about picking up rock dings on the ride home. I planned from the outset to install ACS Rock Guards and ZL1 Side Rockers.

Should I let the dealer install them before I make the drive home or wait until after I get the car home and install them myself?
Old 01-13-2023, 06:56 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
for that stuff im sure they can do it but i thoight you were gonna say performance parts i would say hell to the no! lol
Old 01-13-2023, 07:10 PM   #3
Odabo

LOL! Nah man, I'm just trying to get the dang car. Can't even wrap my head around performance parts at this point.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:13 PM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I'd save yourself the install money and do it yourself when you get home. For the ride from the dealership, cover the high risk areas in "tracwrap" or any track tape / temporary PPF.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:04 AM   #5
Odabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I'd save yourself the install money and do it yourself when you get home. For the ride from the dealership, cover the high risk areas in "tracwrap" or any track tape / temporary PPF.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna check with the dealer to see how much they will charge. If the cost is nominal I'll let them do it when they install the other LPO items. But, if they come back with high price I'll do what you suggest and wrap the car in track wrap and bring her home.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:05 AM   #6
NK1511

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Ground Effects package

I ordered and received my 2023 2SS Camaro. Ordered back in September and just picked up January 13. When I ordered I added the Carbon Flash Ground Effects package. Unfortunately when I picked up the(Dealer installed) package was on back order and obviously not installed. I was wondering if anyone here has this package and what maybe the ETA would be. My dealer said he doesn't have any ETA. I fear the ETA will be very delayed, one reason is I still haven't found any pictures online with either a 22' or 23' Camaro SS with this package installed.

Does anyone here have insight on this package?
NK1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:55 AM   #7
iupui1299

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS Convertible Indy 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK1511 View Post
I ordered and received my 2023 2SS Camaro. Ordered back in September and just picked up January 13. When I ordered I added the Carbon Flash Ground Effects package. Unfortunately when I picked up the(Dealer installed) package was on back order and obviously not installed. I was wondering if anyone here has this package and what maybe the ETA would be. My dealer said he doesn't have any ETA. I fear the ETA will be very delayed, one reason is I still haven't found any pictures online with either a 22' or 23' Camaro SS with this package installed.

Does anyone here have insight on this package?
I don't have any insight on the ETA but I have the package. It is very nice and matches the Carbon Flash wheels.
Attached Images

iupui1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:31 PM   #8
NK1511

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by iupui1299 View Post
I don't have any insight on the ETA but I have the package. It is very nice and matches the Carbon Flash wheels.
Very sharp! Did you get just the front splitter or the whole kit. Splitter, rocker, and bumper

Last edited by NK1511; 01-20-2023 at 06:58 PM.
NK1511 is offline   Reply With Quote