Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-13-2017, 09:25 PM   #29
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
so i removed the tube while on the road to santa fe, could not stand the surge at not legal highway speeds and all issues disappeared! so i pulled the tube out of the trunk to night and noticed it was oily inside, now i has the mishi dual can setup so i thought that was odd since i had only driven maybe 600 miles with the mishi tube. i have had the cans for about 15,000 miles and the pic will show how much oil i have got from the cans, i barely get any from the pcv side, hmmmm?
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #30
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
since i had only driven maybe 600 miles with the mishi tube. i have had the cans for about 15,000 miles
So you've had the cans for almost 15,000 mi and not pulled a lot of oil, and then put on the mishi tube (w/cans still on) for 600 miles and now the inside of the Mishi tube has a nice splooge of oil on the inside?

Almost looks like slugs of oil made it up past the baffle plate and got sucked through the brass filter in one quick shot and left a spray pattern on the inside of the tube, based on the drips on the inside of the tube. That's not a fine mist.

Also that's more oil on the inside of your tube than my stock airbox tube had coating it after 40,000 mi. So clearly something is working better than stock (pulling oil vapor out of the crankcase) but worse than stock (letting it slug the turbo).
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #31
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
I was going to wait to pull my intake apart till the spring to see how the mishi cans have been doing, but now I'm doing it this weekend after seeing this... Will post comparison shots of what the intake looked like after 8000km with no cans vs now, an additional 10,000km; hoping to see none of the residue I found after the initial 8000km.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #32
rickwelch69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
I was going to wait to pull my intake apart till the spring to see how the mishi cans have been doing, but now I'm doing it this weekend after seeing this... Will post comparison shots of what the intake looked like after 8000km with no cans vs now, an additional 10,000km; hoping to see none of the residue I found after the initial 8000km.

I would be very interested to see your results....................................
Old 11-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #33
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Maybe you need a restrictor in the Mishi PCV. It looks like it is sucking too much oil.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #34
rickwelch69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Maybe you need a restrictor in the Mishi PCV. It looks like it is sucking too much oil.

-Geoff
in the catch can line? I was thinking maybe the intake tube is moving too much air and creating a vacuum and pulling oil from the ccv side faster than it can be separated? maybe, idk
Old 11-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #35
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
I would be very interested to see your results....................................
This is what I found after one season of driving (approx 7000km) in case you missed it first go around... I'll update this weekend, so far the cans have caught 7-8 ounces just from this year (10,000km, now away for the winter)

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=487817&page=5
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:28 AM   #36
DavidinTexas
Now in Florida

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Coupe
Losing my mind with P015b

Quote:
I am curious if anyone who installed the intake tube only is having idle issues and random backfires?
My 2017 Camaro 2.0T Coupe throws a P015b code, has random backfires, and sometimes my shifting is weird. I replaced the O2 Sensors, MAF, the CAT is fine, and I have new Ignition Coils and Sparkplugs. I have the Michimoto Cold Air Intake, Trifecta tune, Fast Bit DV Turbo Diverter. The trouble code shows Lean or Rich fuel, but since excess fuel is making it to the exhaust, I assume it is too rich. Has anyone else had issues like this? If you have, I would appreciate knowing what you did to fix it. I contacted Trifecta and gave them 20 minutes of data, "but they were useless". I reached out to Phastek Performance and got the same run-a-round. My gut tells me the MAF is not reading correctly with access air volume. They deny any issues with the design. I would appreciate some help resolving my problem.
DavidinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:52 AM   #37
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Get a scan tool that can monitor the MAF in real time and log the data plus fuel trims. The better ones can log multiple channels of data. Mine is pretty cheap and will do 4 channels.
Reinstall stock intake and repeat the process.
Then compare.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote