Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-06-2023, 12:45 PM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
How Strong is the Hood/Extractor???

Has anyone ever ran their car with the inner hood panel that hooks onto the under-side of the hood extractor? I need to create some clearance, like Edelbrock/Whipple-blower guys have to (maybe not to the same extent), and am trying to figure out what I want to do.

I'm cheap, and I don't want to cut the car up (even though this panel isn't that big a deal), but does anyone have an opinion, or know, if that panel is even necessary, to support either the hood panel itself, or the nose of the extractor panel itself?

Thoughts or input?
Attached Images

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:04 PM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
I swapped out the carbon fiber painted for an exposed and it was only held on by 3M tape, although a pain in the ass to remove, I don't think i'd trust it without the bottom portion bolted on to it.
Old 02-06-2023, 06:58 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I've had it off before, and believe I understand what you're saying.

Thanks!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote