Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #15
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
I have to remember to put my npp in stealth mode before shutting it off in the garage. My husband works night shift and if I have to go somewhere during the day it doesn’t wake him up. He says without stealth on it vibrates the whole house. Lol. Glad it’s possible to quiet her down a little.
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yeah I know what you mean. I wake my neighbor up in the mornings when I drive my ZL1 to work. She is cool with it though and tells me she just goes back to sleep when I leave the house.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #17
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate1 View Post
I have to remember to put my npp in stealth mode before shutting it off in the garage. My husband works night shift and if I have to go somewhere during the day it doesn’t wake him up. He says without stealth on it vibrates the whole house. Lol. Glad it’s possible to quiet her down a little.
Yes, I noticed that Tour mode while driving sounds almost like most other cars - except while accelerating where it has a healthy but subdued V8 sound. But on startup, Tour mode is still an explosion and is quite loud.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #18
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Yes Petrol Head, the settings are the same in the ZL1 as in the SS DIC. The only setting I have locked is the exhaust which is in Track mode.
Thanks.

A lot of newer performance cars have a main memory button that you can program your own mix of settings into to make that your own. Instead of one of the preset ride modes, or going through the DIC and going through the menus and selecting everything one by one, you can program those settings into one master setting of your own preferences. That way no matter what preset mode you're in, you press that button and everything adjusts to your custom preferences.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #19
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Yes, I noticed that Tour mode while driving sounds almost like most other cars - except while accelerating where it has a healthy but subdued V8 sound. But on startup, Tour mode is still an explosion and is quite loud.
The valves are open when the car is off and when it starts, so it's quite loud.

I have my exhaust to just follow the modes. You never know when a cop is around the corner, looking for an excuse to pull you over.

I recall playing around with Track mode and Sport mode exhaust settings once and the only difference I could tell is a light buzzing the Track mode gives me when I am cruising, so I just leave mine in Sport mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate1 View Post
I do wish our cars have the "Good Neighbour" setting like the newer Mustang GTs do. The car will automatically start in quiet mode in the timeframe you have set.

Could be an idea for an OTA update or something like that.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #20
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
The valves are open when the car is off and when it starts, so it's quite loud.

I have my exhaust to just follow the modes. You never know when a cop is around the corner, looking for an excuse to pull you over.

I recall playing around with Track mode and Sport mode exhaust settings once and the only difference I could tell is a light buzzing the Track mode gives me when I am cruising, so I just leave mine in Sport mode.

I do wish our cars have the "Good Neighbour" setting like the newer Mustang GTs do. The car will automatically start in quiet mode in the timeframe you have set.

Could be an idea for an OTA update or something like that.

Hell with that lol. I keep my valves open always. I wonder when I get something like Borla or Flowmasters put on it though if I will have any issues. Luckily I don't wake up early much.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #21
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfur View Post
question about npp exhaust..what happens if the car is in tour mode for driving, and the npp exhaust is in sport or track mode for exhaust....what if anything would happen?
I drive with steering in tour, suspension in track and exhaust in sport.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #22
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Hell with that lol. I keep my valves open always. I wonder when I get something like Borla or Flowmasters put on it though if I will have any issues. Luckily I don't wake up early much.
Piss off the wrong people and you will find your exhaust filled with foam. Lots of psychos out there. You never know.

https://driving.ca/ford/auto-news/ne...aust-with-foam

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #23
Hekate1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Piss off the wrong people and you will find your exhaust filled with foam. Lots of psychos out there. You never know.

https://driving.ca/ford/auto-news/ne...aust-with-foam

Omg!!
Old 11-24-2020, 05:31 AM   #24
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Same here I lock mine in track mode and the valves are open on start up. However, I change to stealth mode if I’m leaving late or real early. I’ve got really good neighbors that look out after my home and help my wife if I have to take a trip for work. I think it’s kind of a jerk move to start the car in track mode when people are sleeping and have a hard days work ahead of them.

FYI: If you forget to change settings before you turned it off the last time you can check what mode you’re in and change it without the car started. Just hold the start button in for about 5 seconds without your foot on the brake. That puts the car in accessories mode then just go to the info screen and make your selection and you can hear the exhaust valves click when you change them without the car running.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 11-24-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #25
Hekate1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Same here I lock mine in track mode and the valves are open on start up. However, I change to stealth mode if I’m leaving late or real early. I’ve got really good neighbors that look out after my home and help my wife if I have to take a trip for work. I think it’s kind of a jerk move to start the car in track mode when people are sleeping and have a hard days work ahead of them.

FYI: If you forget to change settings before you turned it off the last time you can check what mode you’re in and change it without the car started. Just hold the start button in for about 5 seconds without your foot on the brake. That puts the car in accessories mode then just go to the info screen and make your selection and you can hear the exhaust valves click when you change them without the car running.
Good to know. Thanks! Sometimes I forget to change it before I shut it down. Didn’t realize I could do it without starting her up.