Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
Snakely

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry 2SS M6
New buyer intro

I've been lurking here for a short time, and looking at ordering a '21 2SS after the first of the year. I've pretty much decided on either Black or Wild Cherry (attached).

This will be my first Hi-Po car, but I've been around cars quite a bit over the last decade or so. I'm a long time volunteer at a local car\truck museum, natmus.org.

Thought it was time to get my own. I've been 'window shopping' at the Chevy build site for a little while.

I'll be adding the 1LE suspension package, but not the Full 1LE. I didn't really care for the other options it forced you into. Along with the Dual mode exhaust (NPP?).

My plans are for this to be just a sunny day\3 season kind of car. Something fun for the weekends and car shows\hangouts. It'll be stored once the snow flies.

Anyone have any thoughts\tips on the ordering process or any tips at all really?
Attached Images

Snakely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:28 AM   #2
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Just me but I would get the npp and the magnetic ride control. I just picked up my 2SS vert in wild cherry. I don’t regret the npp exhaust or the mrc . It’s just a shame you can’t get a 1le package on a vert.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Wild Cherry is a very different color that looks good! I tend to agree that MRC and NPP would be good options but would bring up the cost of the SS you would order. The 1LE suspension package is good to get instead of the entire 1LE option for folks that don’t plan to track their cars. If you plan to change to an aftermarket exhaust then NPP would be a waste of money. Good luck and whatever SS and options you decide to order will be a good choice!
Old 12-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #4
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
As someone that came from non-NPP & Mag Ride to NPP & Mag Ride, get it. My humble .03.

Between black & cherry, I’d also go cherry. Mainly because black shows everything. Guy I know sold his Black 1LE mainly because of that.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
I also suggest Mag Ride. It's really awesome for longer cruises and just general "fun" factor. Being able to switch the feel of the suspension with a push of a button is just awesome.

NPP is also a must, as noted.

I almost went with the 1LE "suspension package" like you, but I am kind of glad I didn't. I think going with MRC alone is more than enough and plenty stiff. Already feels like it's on rails with the stock SS suspension. But I also don't track the car (yet...) so pushing to extremes may require more in that case. But for a weekend car to cruise around, not sure the stiffer suspension would be desirable beyond what it already has.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #6
Z28James

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS; 2020 Bolt
I would recommend getting the NPP, its one of those things that will annoy you that you didn't get it.
Z28James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #7
Snakely

Yeah, NPP and Mag-Ride are on my list. the way i phrased that in the post was misleading.

I did test drive one last weekend and it was a fun drive. i was a little surprised how much the different drive modes affected the steering effort. I wasnt expecting that.

I'm also going to be ordering it with the 6 Speed, my wife and I both kinda miss having a manual car. Though, the one i tested had the paddle shifters for the Auto, and that was pretty nice.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:56 AM   #8
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
NPP is 100% worth it, can't speak to Mag-ride, but I'm happy with stock suspension. I love my Crush, Wild Cherry looks great too, can't beat a freshly waxed black car though....
Old 12-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #9
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I love that red color. And NPP is a must if you aren't going aftermarket. I find this M6 to be really good transmission also. I didn't get the Mag ride as I bought off the lot on a special deal. I would have liked that, but even without, the car handles like it's on rails. You will love it and if it's your first high performance car, it will keep your attention.

Good luck with your choices!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:05 AM   #10
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I would definitely test drive two Camaros, one with the NPP and one without, especially if you are not thinking of doing an aftermarket exhaust. The first Camaro I had driven was a non-NPP exhaust and I was quite shocked. I hated the car before I was even out of the dealer's lot. I'm not a fan cosmetically of the single dual pipes and the sound is terribly boring. So for me, the NPP was an absolute deal killer.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #11
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I would definitely test drive two Camaros, one with the NPP and one without, especially if you are not thinking of doing an aftermarket exhaust. The first Camaro I had driven was a non-NPP exhaust and I was quite shocked. I hated the car before I was even out of the dealer's lot. I'm not a fan cosmetically of the single dual pipes and the sound is terribly boring. So for me, the NPP was an absolute deal killer.
Non-NPP really is horrible sounding. Even WOT just sounded off.

There will probably be a point I go aftermarket, but for right now I’m quite pleased with the factory NPP tone.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:15 AM   #12
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Hey Snakely, if you have the $$, definitely go for the full 1LE package. Getting only the suspension part is the worst idea, you'll just degrade the ride quality slightly for next to nothing, because you won't get the main 1LE advantages (wheels/tires, electronic diff, Recaro seats, big brakes, shift lights in the HUD etc.). You will realize later that you want several of these, trust me.

Almost everyone will suggest that you go for the magnetic ride control (MRC) and dual mode exhaust (NPP), and with those optioned in, you are already much closer to the 1LE package cost, plus in 2021 you can have it with either the auto or the manual trans. If the 1LE hadn't been manual only in 2018, I would've gotten it myself.

My 2 cents', of course.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #13
Snakely

If the 1LE suspension only package just makes the ride stiffer (even with MRC), then I may consider dropping it and save $2k?

I dont love the full 1LE package (for me) since I have no plans on tracking the car, as it forces a full black wrap on the hood and full black interior, and other things i didn't care for.

One thing i am wondering though, is how the Wild Cherry looks with the Carbon Flash splitter\rockers. and, after some closer looking, it appears that the black striping options dont match Carbon Flash either. Only Black Metallic and Satin Black

Last edited by Snakely; 12-03-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #14
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
I would definitely test drive a 1LE if you can. I have a 2020 1LE and I absolutely LOVE IT. I hated the matte black hood wrap and the suede leather steering wheel and shift knob. The reactor seats are very comfortable and you don’t slide around hard cornering and I’ve taken some corners in mine unbelievably fast compared to any other vehicle I’ve owned. I think you will find that when you start adding on items Tacoma in the 1LE package that it does not take long to go over the $7000 cost of the package. That’s why I went with the 2SS 1LE got me everything I wanted and then just removed the hood wrap and replaced the suede leather stuff and still got out of it for what I considered reasonable compared to piecing it all out another way. I preferred the satin steel color but you’ll probably like the cherry. Black cars seam more common. Very exciting for you though. Hope you don’t have to wait as long as I did. Mine was built March 9th and never got to lay eyes on it until July 6. I don’t think Covid will have as much effect going forward as it did this last spring. Good luck whatever you chose.
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote