Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #16
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Kids are dying from these. One in New Jersey just a few days ago after falling off a truck doing a burnout, another out in California when a vehicle overturned doing donuts and crushed him. And breaking into people's private property to commit vandalism and criminal mischief.

Y'all think it's cute and fun but people are legit getting hurt and property owners are getting pissed. We're not stopping. The citations will continue to pile up, cars will continue to get seized.
as a L.E.O you get nothing but respect from me i'm all about good police they need more funding not defunding and i get it in a state that actually cares about the rule of law. Oregon is not a beacon of responsibility as far as the governor go's it sucks that the police don't get the support they need. not all states are created equal in my world. Kommiefornia and the peoples republic of new jersey stomp all over the bill of rights (2a) so not good examples for me, but Florida i.e polk county hay if you play you pay.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #17
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Ok, I guess that was a little steep. Try this. Impound the car, crush it, make the owner pay for the cost of crushing and revoke the driver's license forever.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:25 PM   #18
11_Camaro

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Ok, I guess that was a little steep. Try this. Impound the car, crush it, make the owner pay for the cost of crushing and revoke the driver's license forever.
Better.
11_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:38 PM   #19
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
The complaint people seem to have is that there are not enough tracks to take their cars to race. With more and more tracks closing up for residential and commercial land development, they have no place to go so they race on the street.

I don't know how true that actually is, but tracks around here are few and far between and several have closed over the last few years. However, racing on the street is just plain stupid and god help you if you ever kill an innocent bystander while racing. I sure wouldn't want to live with that on my shoulders so I don't street race.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:27 AM   #20
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
They can't even do that to impaired drivers.

May I suggest mandatory driver retraining and large fines..

Lifetime bans on driving do not work they will drive anyway.

In this province your legally banned until your fine is paid even after your suspension has been served.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:59 AM   #21
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
The complaint people seem to have is that there are not enough tracks to take their cars to race. With more and more tracks closing up for residential and commercial land development, they have no place to go so they race on the street.

I don't know how true that actually is, but tracks around here are few and far between and several have closed over the last few years. However, racing on the street is just plain stupid and god help you if you ever kill an innocent bystander while racing. I sure wouldn't want to live with that on my shoulders so I don't street race.
This is so valid.

Here on LI, growing up we had many tracks, even hosted NASCAR and NHRA events regularly at several of them, and one of the best road course tracks in Bridgehampton, known the world over. I used to run out at Bridgehampton many years ago, how great would it be to just drive ~1 hour and race a world class course in my Camaro today! Too bad.....

All gone, can't even take the short hop to NJ as they are also closing most everything.

It is a dying sport (racing) in so many areas.

That said, no excuse to go out and be ridiculously stupid either. Play you pay, if you can't take the heat that follows, well, don't race!
Lost your car being stupid? Too bad for you!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:29 AM   #22
Boost Creep

When I was young we would "street" race in industrial parks at night when they were closed and empty, away from people and traffic.

Ever since those garbage F&F movies we have Honda's plowing into mini vans at 4 in the afternoon in school zones.

The national average IQ level seems to have dropped 50 points in the last 20-30 years.
See current events for evidence backing my claim.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:43 AM   #23
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
So DUI would get a lesser penalty than street racing?
Quote:

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
This is so valid.

Here on LI, growing up we had many tracks, even hosted NASCAR and NHRA events regularly at several of them, and one of the best road course tracks in Bridgehampton, known the world over. I used to run out at Bridgehampton many years ago, how great would it be to just drive ~1 hour and race a world class course in my Camaro today! Too bad.....

All gone, can't even take the short hop to NJ as they are also closing most everything.

It is a dying sport (racing) in so many areas.

That said, no excuse to go out and be ridiculously stupid either. Play you pay, if you can't take the heat that follows, well, don't race!
Lost your car being stupid? Too bad for you!
My closest track is over an hour away. Very well said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
When I was young we would "street" race in industrial parks at night when they were closed and empty, away from people and traffic.

Ever since those garbage F&F movies we have Honda's plowing into mini vans at 4 in the afternoon in school zones.

The national average IQ level seems to have dropped 50 points in the last 20-30 years.
See current events for evidence backing my claim.
My other half's father would street race back in his day, same with my dad and they grew up in two different parts of the US. Both locations shared a common theme tho...... late at night and zero traffic on a closed road out in BFE.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:39 AM   #24
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

We have a pretty nice track here. They even have a drift pad for the kids who think they're living in a Fast and Furious movie.

The problem is the kids simply don't want to comply with track rules or don't want to pay to go there.

Even better, I've had kids tell me they like the adrenaline rush of knowing what they're doing is illegal and having to run from the cops.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:04 AM   #25
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Send them off to public skrool and you get back little monsters. My son was.
Home schooled my daughter who is in her first year college now - zero problems. But she does drive a little too fast for my taste.
Public skrools do no teach respect or give any.
Always have their little red hand out though.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:09 AM   #26
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Home schooled my daughter who is in her first year college now - zero problems. But she does drive a little too fast for my taste.
Always have their little blue hand out though.
There, fixed that for you.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #27
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Public or private there's a great point there that there isn't any where to "safely" engage in some fun and then when there is such a place the bar for entry is pretty high with fees and rules. IMO. I see both sides, I can't imagine the kind of insurance a place would have have, public or private in order to have a ~18 year old drift and race...
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #28
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post

This is the root of many of society's ills today.

Having our children raised by bureaucrats with an agenda counter to our founding.