Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #15
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I just got the email yesterday, the order has been fulfilled and shipped! Yay!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:50 PM   #16
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

I got the cover, took it up for a couple estimates, and have it scheduled for Monday. The cover comes in bare plastic.

They're going to prime and paint the cover in the factory body color, sand down and repaint the inserts under the headlights that come black on the 2019, and blend everything to match. Should look exactly like a 2020 to the untrained eye when it's done!

PS - I will be selling the 2019 bumper cover if anyone is interested
Old 11-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #17
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

It's in the shop getting done as we speak. Removing the 2019 bumper cover, painting the 2020 bumper cover body color, as well as the inserts below the headlights, and reinstalling. All together it turned out less than $650 out the door, tax, part and all. Pretty happy camper here!
Old 11-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #18
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
It's in the shop getting done as we speak. Removing the 2019 bumper cover, painting the 2020 bumper cover body color, as well as the inserts below the headlights, and reinstalling. All together it turned out less than $650 out the door, tax, part and all. Pretty happy camper here!

That's awesome! Thanks for posting, and with such detail.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #19
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Post some pics when you get it back!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #20
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Got it back today. Couldn’t be happier, although I realized the other day that the ‘19 grille doesn’t have attachment points for a bow tie. And I wasn’t goi g to buy a 2020 grille on top of all this.

Name:  BF106C50-8BD9-43A4-B5D8-96E502F81BF2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  158.8 KB

Name:  74841133-00EC-4FE2-99E7-A9542454407D.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  206.9 KB
Old 11-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #21
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Much better, looks nice!
Old 11-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #22
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Got it back today. Couldn’t be happier, although I realized the other day that the ‘19 grille doesn’t have attachment points for a bow tie. And I wasn’t goi g to buy a 2020 grille on top of all this.

Attachment 1050447

Attachment 1050448
Looks nice! Glad you're happy with it! Although, I'm still partial to the 2019 look (I guess I'm one of the few that actually like the look). I think it has a lot to do with mine being Red Hot. I love the red and black look.

Peace & Progress
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Isn't the grille the same? I would guess that the emblem kit should have everything required and will fit both 2019 and 2020 SS models the same as the grille part number appears to work for both...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:41 PM   #24
Dragon08

Drives: 2020 1LE
You can add the bowtie to your 19 grille if you choose. Its a bolt on. Glad you are loving your custom fascia. I get a smile out of my customized front end every time i see it too.
Dragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #25
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Isn't the grille the same? I would guess that the emblem kit should have everything required and will fit both 2019 and 2020 SS models the same as the grille part number appears to work for both...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon08 View Post
You can add the bowtie to your 19 grille if you choose. Its a bolt on. Glad you are loving your custom fascia. I get a smile out of my customized front end every time i see it too.
Well actually, since you mention it’s just a bolt on, I’d really be interested in the illuminated bow tie. Any info on that or was that just for the 2016-18 model years?
Old 11-20-2020, 08:29 PM   #26
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Looks nice! Glad you're happy with it! Although, I'm still partial to the 2019 look (I guess I'm one of the few that actually like the look). I think it has a lot to do with mine being Red Hot. I love the red and black look.

Peace & Progress
Thanks!

I bought my car in March after a deal for a 2020 I ordered fell through at Ganley on Brookpark. Found this one in Missouri that was equipped exactly how I’d ordered the 2020 and was advertised at a great price. Serpentini in Westlake was great to deal with and matched the price without issue. I gave myself time to try to like it and get used to it but I couldn’t.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #27
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Thanks!

I bought my car in March after a deal for a 2020 I ordered fell through at Ganley on Brookpark. Found this one in Missouri that was equipped exactly how I’d ordered the 2020 and was advertised at a great price. Serpentini in Westlake was great to deal with and matched the price without issue. I gave myself time to try to like it and get used to it but I couldn’t.
I haven't had any luck with Ganley dealerships either. When I bought my 370Z from Ganley Nissan in Medina a few years back, they were shiesty as hell. The GM didn't even care that I was unhappy with the transaction. I just told them that they were lucky that they had the only 370Z within a 150 mile radius equipped the way I wanted or I'd just walk. I told them I'd never be back and that I'd never come to them for any type of service. I've also steered a few people away from them that were shopping for various Nissans.

I'm glad you're happy with your Camaro! No one is "wrong" when they're making their property their own. It would be an awful boring world if we all loved and wanted everything the exact same way.

Take care and stay safe!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #28
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I haven't had any luck with Ganley dealerships either. When I bought my 370Z from Ganley Nissan in Medina a few years back, they were shiesty as hell. The GM didn't even care that I was unhappy with the transaction. I just told them that they were lucky that they had the only 370Z within a 150 mile radius equipped the way I wanted or I'd just walk. I told them I'd never be back and that I'd never come to them for any type of service. I've also steered a few people away from them that were shopping for various Nissans.

I'm glad you're happy with your Camaro! No one is "wrong" when they're making their property their own. It would be an awful boring world if we all loved and wanted everything the exact same way.

Take care and stay safe!

Thing that got me was that Ganley is where my Uncle bought his 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible, and my Mom bought her 2016 Corvette. I worked with the same salesman they both had, and he's known I was eventually going to order a Camaro from him for a long time. It seemed like there shouldn't be any issues. Until the Camaro came in and he would not budge on the price at all. Sticker. Not a dime off. It didn't matter that both my Mom and Uncle got good deals and they both bought from the same guy. I ordered the car in November last year right after they returned from the strike, and it came in the first week of January. I tried over a period of 3 weeks to get a deal together with him. He refused. But I don't think it was necessarily his fault. His sales manager came out both the last two times and wouldn't even meet me at $2k off sticker plus tax and fees.

So I gave up. I wasn't going to fight them, and I don't buy cars for sticker price.

I ended up getting this one for over $5k off sticker, before my GM card points, and was very happy with Serpentini. Yes it's a '19, and I know that's why I got a good deal on it, but for all intents and purposes it's the same exact car as the '20. And for repeat business I really should have gotten a better deal at Ganley. But their loss. It was still on the lot last I checked lol