Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-30-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
The BeckyD memorial thread

I thought it would be nice to create a salute to BeckyD, who helped so many on here with their Camaro journey. So post up a picture as a “toast” to Becky and maybe say a few words.

I’ll start: though I didn’t have a personal connection to Becky, I can see she was well loved on the Camaro forums, so I’ll just add a picture that I think she would have liked: here’s our Wisconsin Camaro club at Road America this spring.

Here’s to Becky, smooth roads and beautiful sunsets!

Name:  5C09A963-7619-4C50-B7BF-D6941F849514.jpeg
Views: 4307
Size:  375.1 KB

mlee Edit: adding a memorial video

wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:59 PM   #2
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
After being screwed over by a local dealer, the ordering window closing for the BVM color, this car came close to never existing. Becky made it happen. Thank you Becky, may you rest well and race fast up there!

Name:  20200524_091618.jpg
Views: 4274
Size:  309.4 KB

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Here is a photo of my 1st Camaro, a 2011 convertible that Becky helped me locate locally.
The other pictures are from the delivery birthday party Becky and Joe had for me as they surprised me with the arrival of my 2013 ZL1 convertible in time for my 60th birthday with the surprise attendance of most of the current members of the Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club.

A very memorable day for me with a huge story behind it. Suffice it to say she turned perhaps the worst day of my like (in danger of being fired at work) and turned it around to one of the BEST days of my life.

Name:  DSC_0877 (Large).jpg
Views: 4219
Size:  258.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0880 (Large).jpg
Views: 4244
Size:  131.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0884 (Large).jpg
Views: 4250
Size:  199.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0921 (Large).jpg
Views: 4241
Size:  141.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0955 (Large).jpg
Views: 4278
Size:  210.1 KB
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:55 AM   #4
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Becky helped me build the Camaro I will keep for my forever.
  • She helped me dig through the complicated ultimate (for me) Camaro ordering process.
  • She then made Chevy build the car on my birthday!
  • Then she helped me figure out the best way to install all the add-ons I bought.
  • Then she picked me up at the airport for delivery and gave me the royal treatment meeting her husband (I'm jealous) and the owner of the dealership.
  • Then she gave me a tour of the historic building, downtown Detroit and treated me to a great lunch with the best mushroom soup ever.
  • Then she took me back to the dealership to deliver the ultimate M6 LT1. The prep was perfect and she introduced me to the tech who buffed the car to a show car shine.
  • Best car buying experience ever! Did I buy a car or make a friend? Both.

Becky whereever you are I hope there is a ZL1 wating for you there to do the longest burnouts in the known universe. We miss you!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Thursday April 13, 2017 Becky delivered my 2017 2SS Convertible Hyper Blue Metallic @ Rodgers Chevrolet.

I drove it home to Florida that afternoon. Such an amazing experience.

She introduced to to many great people up in Detroit with the Motor City Camaro Club.

She has been a great friend for the past 11 years she is the true "Fbodmother" for the 5th and 6th Gens.

Name:  IMG_8363.JPG
Views: 4147
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1257.jpg
Views: 4138
Size:  207.0 KB

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 07-01-2020 at 01:33 PM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Here is a photo of my 1st Camaro, a 2011 convertible that Becky helped me locate locally.
The other pictures are from the delivery birthday party Becky and Joe had for me as they surprised me with the arrival of my 2013 ZL1 convertible in time for my 60th birthday with the surprise attendance of most of the current members of the Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club.

A very memorable day for me with a huge story behind it. Suffice it to say she turned perhaps the worst day of my like (in danger of being fired at work) and turned it around to one of the BEST days of my life.
This story never gets old Becky and Joe told me about it over lunch 3 years ago when we were getting ready for the Annual Rodgers Chevrolet show.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I never made it to her warehouse or any of their parties, but i still know her heart, yes she sold cars but it was a lot more then that, She made friends first, both her and Joe went out of their way to take care of their customers needs first, and that meant more then the money, prayers to Joe and family.

RIP BeckyD

Name:  IMG_0036.jpg
Views: 4016
Size:  278.3 KB
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:23 PM   #8
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
RIP Becky.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:12 PM   #9
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
BeckyD

Although I live in NH and did not order From her Becky Answered some questions about the zl1 1le when nobody had one in stock to look at and tracked it like a Blood Hound for me. I was there before the truck and watched it come off lol. THANKS BECKYD Love You Miss You and will Deeply Miss you on the Next one and many after that. I had planned to get the next one from Becky and plan it so I could experience The Woodward Drive Dream Cruise at the same time.

Name:  0253F5F6-B080-4E00-B84F-13E9D1BC92C0.jpg
Views: 4299
Size:  139.9 KB

Name:  4D21BAE8-5229-4F9B-8904-0C447DF6B166.jpg
Views: 4409
Size:  205.9 KB

Name:  A36D5CA1-D661-4282-A988-AB3475A4C63E.jpg
Views: 4267
Size:  108.9 KB
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #10
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Becky helped me get my 6th Gen. The local dealer did not have an allocation, and I wanted to get the BVM color (a 2016 only color) AND the blade spoiler, which came out in the last order week of 2016. Becky made it happen like it was nothing. Like the poster above me said, my Camaro also may never have happened (the way I wanted) without Becky!

RIP Becky!!

Condolences to her family, friends, and all the car folks she came to know over the years! You will be truly missed!
Attached Images

whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #11
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Although I live in NH and did not order From her Becky Answered some questions about the zl1 1le when nobody had one in stock to look at and tracked it like a Blood Hound for me. I was there before the truck and watched it come off lol. THANKS BECKYD Love You Miss You and will Deeply Miss you on the Next one and many after that. I had planned to get the next one from Becky and plan it so I could experience The Woodward Drive Dream Cruise at the same time.

Attachment 1036726

Attachment 1036727

Attachment 1036728
I think Joe her Husband will still work on in the dealership, if he does i know i will give them the work, the tap job was his work on my ZLE.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #12
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
I think Joe her Husband will still work on in the dealership, if he does i know i will give them the work, the tap job was his work on my ZLE.
Yes Joe still works at James-Martin.
He may not be there for a few days, but yes he still works there.

Joe was working at the dealership while Becky continued to work (from home) right up till the end.

That's dedication. That's BeckyD!
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:05 PM   #13
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
My story is similar to others. I’d tried, and failed, with two local dealers to try and order my first Camaro. Initially I was going to with a MY2016 but the timing just didn’t work out. I’d contacted Becky via this forum to track my second effort on a 50th Anniversary MY2017. At this time she’d offered an allocation she had, but I decided to give this dealer a chance. I shouldn’t have.
Anyway after another month with this other dealer jerking my chain I came to my senses and called Ms. Becky. She was more than willing to get my order going and we’d take care of the details when time allowed.
As with everyone she was extremely helpful through the process, let me know what to expect and kept in touch with updates, not only on the build thread but also directly.
As we got close to delivery we’d initially decided to go with a local fleet dealer for delivery but after seeing the experience that everyone was having picking up their cars directly from Becky we attempted to change the delivery. Unfortunately it didn’t work out as my car was sent down for additional QC.
A little bummed that I wouldn’t get the “Becky Treatment” and since it was around my father’s birthday I decided to drive out from Colorado to meet this wonderful lady. (My dad lives in Kentucky so what’s another few hours north.)
When I arrived at Rogers Chevrolet I was greeted by Becky and Joe and was treated like a king for a day. There were other deliveries she was handling but she attended to everyone with equal devotion. Since my drive was going to put me over 1500 miles on the car we’d decided to perform the first oil change while there and we’d also scheduled getting the illuminated black bow tie installed.
The day wasn’t over when the work was done. We then went for a quick drive down Woodward Ave. before ending up at “The Warehouse”.

At the end of the day I was going to be heading back into Detroit to my hotel but that was going back the wrong way (I was heading back to Colorado in the morning). Becky and Joe insisted they put me up for the night at a nearby hotel. Joe even checked my oil again once we arrived.
The story continues over the next few years specifically when gathering at CamaroFest over the next 3 years. Becky introduces me as the “longest drive for an oil change” and always asked if I needed another one.
While I didn’t get to have my car delivered directly with Becky I was able to get an OUTSTANDING experience that I will never forget. The friendship that was started over a order tracking thread blossomed into something greater and has led to other friendships that I truly cherish. Always a smile and a hug, in person or virtually.
Rest In Peace Ms. Becky. You brightened so many lives with your dedication to your craft. My sincere condolences to her family. She will be missed.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 PM   #14
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
My story is similar to others. I’d tried, and failed, with two local dealers to try and order my first Camaro. Initially I was going to with a MY2016 but the timing just didn’t work out. I’d contacted Becky via this forum to track my second effort on a 50th Anniversary MY2017. At this time she’d offered an allocation she had, but I decided to give this dealer a chance. I shouldn’t have.
Anyway after another month with this other dealer jerking my chain I came to my senses and called Ms. Becky. She was more than willing to get my order going and we’d take care of the details when time allowed.
As with everyone she was extremely helpful through the process, let me know what to expect and kept in touch with updates, not only on the build thread but also directly.
As we got close to delivery we’d initially decided to go with a local fleet dealer for delivery but after seeing the experience that everyone was having picking up their cars directly from Becky we attempted to change the delivery. Unfortunately it didn’t work out as my car was sent down for additional QC.
A little bummed that I wouldn’t get the “Becky Treatment” and since it was around my father’s birthday I decided to drive out from Colorado to meet this wonderful lady. (My dad lives in Kentucky so what’s another few hours north.)
When I arrived at Rogers Chevrolet I was greeted by Becky and Joe and was treated like a king for a day. There were other deliveries she was handling but she attended to everyone with equal devotion. Since my drive was going to put me over 1500 miles on the car we’d decided to perform the first oil change while there and we’d also scheduled getting the illuminated black bow tie installed.
The day wasn’t over when the work was done. We then went for a quick drive down Woodward Ave. before ending up at “The Warehouse”.

At the end of the day I was going to be heading back into Detroit to my hotel but that was going back the wrong way (I was heading back to Colorado in the morning). Becky and Joe insisted they put me up for the night at a nearby hotel. Joe even checked my oil again once we arrived.
The story continues over the next few years specifically when gathering at CamaroFest over the next 3 years. Becky introduces me as the “longest drive for an oil change” and always asked if I needed another one.
While I didn’t get to have my car delivered directly with Becky I was able to get an OUTSTANDING experience that I will never forget. The friendship that was started over a order tracking thread blossomed into something greater and has led to other friendships that I truly cherish. Always a smile and a hug, in person or virtually.
Rest In Peace Ms. Becky. You brightened so many lives with your dedication to your craft. My sincere condolences to her family. She will be missed.

Becky and Joe are one hell of a team. I know they wanted to but if they owned a dealership they would have put the rest in the area out of business that is certain.

This duo was unmatched and they know how to take care of customers. Pam former owner of Rodgers Chevrolet and Phil the owner of James Martin Chevrolet have the best in the business.