Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #71
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
SPL just went live with their Black Friday 20% off and free shipping! I ordered toe Links with eccentric lock out.

nice ! you will love them
Old 11-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #72
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
nice ! you will love them
Krops, you must own shares in every aftermarket company )

But seriously, can somebody translate SPL statement that eccentric lockouts MUST be accompanied by adjustable lower control arms?
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #73
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Krops, you must own shares in every aftermarket company )

But seriously, can somebody translate SPL statement that eccentric lockouts MUST be accompanied by adjustable lower control arms?

haha nope just support the ones that support me and especially nice usa made products!!

and i have them on my car and i dont have the adjustable lower control arms why would you need both?
Old 11-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #74
TrackClub

Quote:
haha nope just support the ones that support me and especially nice usa made products!!

and i have them on my car and i dont have the adjustable lower control arms why would you need both?
Ya id become a cheerleader too if i got free gear. We could become quite a team lol

But, seriously, that's what their website says: you MUST have adjustable control arms. Hence my original request for somebody to translate it.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #75
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Ya id become a cheerleader too if i got free gear. We could become quite a team lol

But, seriously, that's what their website says: you MUST have adjustable control arms. Hence my original request for somebody to translate it.
I would think that is a misprint... as you would need adjustable TOE arms to run the eccentric lockout.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #76
kropscamaro16

Quote:

some stuff free some stuff discounted it pays to work in the auto industry...

and i think thats a misprint
Old 11-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #77
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy_tim View Post
I would think that is a misprint... as you would need adjustable TOE arms to run the eccentric lockout.
Exactly. Moreover, in product description for their toe arms plus lockouts this warning is omitted. Hmm...
Old 11-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #78
TrackClub

Quote:
some stuff free some stuff discounted it pays to work in the auto industry...

and i think thats a misprint
Right

Maybe contact your buds there and ask them to remove it then? Or explain it. Either one...
Old 11-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #79
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Right

Maybe contact your buds there and ask them to remove it then? Or explain it. Either one...
Maybe shoot them an email and let them know what you found while trying to pick apart their product description.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:07 PM   #80
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
You must have adjustable control arms in order to adjust toe after eliminating the stock eccentric bolts.
That is their quote on just the lockout kit. They are talking about you must have adjustable toe links if you use the lockout kit. Agree that control arms isn't the correct term, should be toe links, but the rest of the sentence does talk about adjusting toe. And they are developing a lockout kit for the lower control arm which will require you to get the adjustable upper control arms.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #81
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Thanks! If you dont mind me asking: how much are these?

$343
Old 11-23-2020, 05:57 PM   #82
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
$343
Thanks Scott! Wasnt sure how much it all was after discount...
Old 11-24-2020, 12:41 AM   #83
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Everybody wants our money. All the time. And especially if they sense we may not clearly understand causes and effects

What exactly are you trying to fix handling wise? You knocked off a tremendous 3 seconds of your laptime with stickier tires and improved driving alone. Given your track config, i would not do anything that - even remotely:
1) reduces responsiveness of the car
2) increases tire wear

Remember, fix has to be based on what a driver feels, not what some guy tells you, that sells parts. I suspect if he sold shocks he would insist you swap those as well, to match the springs. Etc, etc. If you start listening to others vs yourself, the list will be infinite and your car at an ever changing state of flux. And eventually you may start taking parts out, because it doesnt feel right anymore.

If you want more camber, just get camber plates! Those and rear toe lock out make sense. However, if ya run 2.5 and 2.0, adjust up based on YOUR tire wear and do it in small increments (on the front, obviously) lest you can ruin a pair of F tires in a day (ive seen it done first hand). More is not always better. It all depends on a venue, driving style, tire, etc. So, thats another thing YOU must pay attention to as a driver and adjust accordingly. Not "some guy" that has never driven your car and/or your track.

Bottom line: it is your wallet. But even if ya have plenty of spare cash burning a hole in it, spend it wisely and spend it on items that will give ya best return on investment.
My cents anyway. Cheers!
I figure because of how corner heavy my track is that having more than -2.5 front camber would be beneficial.

I’m going to get a Pyro-metre to see what the temperature is across the face of my tire. That should tell
Me something about my alignment and if I could use more camber
Old 11-24-2020, 12:43 AM   #84
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
GMG, i had mentioned this before: if i were you and since laptimes are your obvious focus, i would seriously consider ZLE DSSV suspension (on sale now, see link).

This would lower your car, give you many benefits of coilovers design and Trans Am tested racing solution from one of the top shelf pro racing houses on the planet. Zero guessing here.

Sure, your DD ride quality would suffer, but then again id imagine tons of ZLEs never see a race track and folks do street those cars successfully.

Not only this, but this would position you perfectly for another future go faster mod: aero (which requires much stiffer springs and shocks to go with them).

For the price of all the parts that you are being recommended to purchase (more or less), you can do a wholesale, complete and proven suspension upgrade designed for the car. Plus position for the future. Food for thought.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/84352121.html
Yes that’s a good point, I am considering it but by far my biggest fear is the ride quality.

Having said that I pretty much only drive my car on the highway now and I imagine I wouldn’t feel much on those smooth flat surfaces.

I will definitely seriously consider this, I really like the idea of taking the guesswork out of it

FYI SPL says their parts are primarily designed for the ZL11LE, so theoretically there parts should be upgrades for this car as well