Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #29
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I have a question. When I installed the catch can. The 90 deg. elbows on the top swiveled freely. Do they need to be tightened up, or does the fitting swivel like that?

Thanks

Last edited by Mister Will; 02-28-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #30
jasonct

Drives: Camaro SS Nightfall Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
I have a question. When I installed the catch can. The 90 deg. elbows on the top swiveled freely. Do they need to be tightened up, or does the fitting swivel like that?

Thanks
They are Fragola Performance Systems fittings and they will swivel!
jasonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:40 PM   #31
jasonct

Drives: Camaro SS Nightfall Gray Metallic
My Elite Engineering catch can is working great! I checked after about 400 miles or so and here is the result!

jasonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #32
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonct View Post
My Elite Engineering catch can is working great! I checked after about 400 miles or so and here is the result!

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #33
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
@ Elite Engineering,

Does it make a difference if the hoses are in a loop or in a straight/ even line. I am thinking of a trap for the gases and old oil at the lowest point of the hose. Maybe lower than the can.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:55 AM   #34
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the catch can is the trap. as long as the hoses are not kinked they are fine.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:46 AM   #35
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
JCunningham
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #36
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the catch can is the trap. as long as the hoses are not kinked they are fine.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #37
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
So if we were to want to use a Roto-fab CAI, delete the sound tube from the car and use the dual port catch can, then it would be best to get the CAI that keeps the sound tube but use the hole on the CAI for the catch can instead?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:38 AM   #38
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
yes find a plastic plug that will fit then drill a hole in it to thread the fitting.
plug blueprint
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-17-2018 at 02:21 AM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #39
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
This product has some of the worst install instructions of anything I've ever seen. Seriously, does anyone have a step-by-step that includes pictures and identification? I want to install it on an LT1, but the information is sketchy as heck. Elite has NO instructions on doing this. I can't seem to find anything semi-comprehensive and it seems like the mounting is absolutely random. I don't want to take apart a bunch of stuff just to get stuck halfway though the install because something won't route or I run into another problem. I ordered the kit with the idea that this comes with what I need to install it (that's the idea of a kit), including instructions.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #40
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
This product has some of the worst install instructions of anything I've ever seen. Seriously, does anyone have a step-by-step that includes pictures and identification? I want to install it on an LT1, but the information is sketchy as heck. Elite has NO instructions on doing this. I can't seem to find anything semi-comprehensive and it seems like the mounting is absolutely random. I don't want to take apart a bunch of stuff just to get stuck halfway though the install because something won't route or I run into another problem. I ordered the kit with the idea that this comes with what I need to install it (that's the idea of a kit), including instructions.
What's wrong with the pictures and guide in the original post?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:18 PM   #41
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
What's wrong with the pictures and guide in the original post?
What tools do you need?

What extra parts do you need? It's mentioned you have to downsize the hose to the oil cap. I see all sorts of extra stuff there. Is there like a comprehensive list of these extra parts?

Quote:
I just happened to find a piece from a https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Haus.../dp/B0000CBJ9O
Seriously, WTF? This is supposed to be a professional company, so we are just buying random parts on amazon and hoping they will work?

I'm used to kits from professional companies including some kind of instructions for the vehicle they are supposed to install on, those instructions usually tell you what you need to do the job and provide step-by-step instructions.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #42
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
What tools do you need?

What extra parts do you need? It's mentioned you have to downsize the hose to the oil cap. I see all sorts of extra stuff there. Is there like a comprehensive list of these extra parts?

Seriously, WTF? This is supposed to be a professional company, so we are just buying random parts on amazon and hoping they will work?

I'm used to kits from professional companies including some kind of instructions for the vehicle they are supposed to install on, those instructions usually tell you what you need to do the job and provide step-by-step instructions.
Have you looked at Elite's website, see: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2-x-catch-cans/

They also are very good at responding to any installation questions you have.