Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
786tech

Drives: 2018 Red Hot 1SS 1LE
Rear bumper lower cover replacement (23404791)

Replaced rear bumper lower cover (23404791) on my 2018 1LE. Did it without removing bumper. Back of car was on race ramps. You will need 7mm socket and T15 torx. Hardest part is removing metal clips with teeth from middle part of bumper and reinstalling them. Space is tight. I yanked the lower cover off which broke one tab (didn't matter because the lower cover was damaged anyway). Only other way to remove those clips is with some long thin metal tool with a 90 degree bend at the end. Dont forget to transfer the reflectors from old to new lower cover. The 1LE has a matte black lower cover so need to paint the replacement. Found it online for around $200 but everyone wanted another $200 for shipping. Got it at a Chevy dealer for $318 plus $75 core charge which I got back when I returned the old one. Good luck and happy wrenching!