Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-10-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
How To: Two Bucket Method Car Wash Guide 2017

Some have specific ways of keeping their cars clean, I like the trusty two bucket method over anything else and many have commented on how great my car looks all the time for being a daily driver that racks up the miles. I have changed the way I do a few things since my 2016 guide, so wanted to share an update.

Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Excellent work on the Video. This is a tough crowd here, so don't expect many comments. I have been thinking about a series of how to write ups but am having second thoughts. It is a lot of work, for little to no participation.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
This forum is a tough crowd. I come from a vehicle that has a forum that is incredible for DIYs, helpful users, etc. The Ford Truck Enthusiast Powerstroke 7.3 forum is unsurpassed. There's even a network of people on there who will come help you if you are stranded on the road in their areas. I am used to there being a writeup for everything and people who are extremely helpful.

That being said, I do a write up on this forum if I search the Internet and cannot find any help for whatever task I am working on. So go ahead and do the write-ups if you have time. You may end up helping someone, and we will continue to build information on this forum.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
This forum is a tough crowd. I come from a vehicle that has a forum that is incredible for DIYs, helpful users, etc. The Ford Truck Enthusiast Powerstroke 7.3 forum is unsurpassed. There's even a network of people on there who will come help you if you are stranded on the road in their areas. I am used to there being a writeup for everything and people who are extremely helpful.

That being said, I do a write up on this forum if I search the Internet and cannot find any help for whatever task I am working on. So go ahead and do the write-ups if you have time. You may end up helping someone, and we will continue to build information on this forum.
Yeah I guess your right, but some kind of feedback positive or negative, or just different angle, or thought would be nice. We are currently evacuated, I might work on something later this week depending on how things go.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Yeah I guess your right, but some kind of feedback positive or negative, or just different angle, or thought would be nice. We are currently evacuated, I might work on something later this week depending on how things go.
Stay safe man, hope everything with that damn works out for the best!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Excellent work on the Video. This is a tough crowd here, so don't expect many comments. I have been thinking about a series of how to write ups but am having second thoughts. It is a lot of work, for little to no participation.
Not really a tough crowd, just not many still do a traditional wash with all the easy better products out there, hence not too many comments...but everyone has their own way of doing things, so hats off to all opinions, recommendations, techniques, etc.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Not really a tough crowd, just not many still do a traditional wash with all the easy better products out there, hence not too many comments...but everyone has their own way of doing things, so hats off to all opinions, recommendations, techniques, etc.
I think NorCal is talking about the forum members responding to DIY write ups in general. I did a DIY write up of replacing outside mirror and it was <crickets.> No suggestions, criticisms, questions for several days. Finally got one response. Over at the FTE forum, there would've been lots of responses, corrections, suggestions, etc.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #8
SSport16

Quote:
I think NorCal is talking about the forum members responding to DIY write ups in general. I did a DIY write up of replacing outside mirror and it was <crickets.> No suggestions, criticisms, questions for several days. Finally got one response. Over at the FTE forum, there would've been lots of responses, corrections, suggestions, etc.
Gotcha.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #9
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Stay safe man, hope everything with that damn works out for the best!
We are home monitoring conditions. ZL1 is loaded with stuff in case we need to take off again. We are actually pretty far away, but the river is my backyard, so it the whole thing broke it could get ugly. Currently they seem to have a handle on it, but with more rains on the way you never know what can happen.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #10
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Gotcha.
Yep thats it. I plan to do a write up on some things from microfiber care, storage, use, as well as some costing specific after care. Without feedback your either, perfect, an idiot, an ass, or whatever, if there are no comments, suggestions, alternative techiques. You don't know if the reader has input on how you have presented the subject, if the subject was organized, if they took anything from it.

It seems kind of pointless if you spend half a day documenting a DIY, if there is crickets in the end. I will get some together and see how it goes, but in the end I imagine the subject would fair much better in a detailing forum vs a car forum.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #11
KirkH

Good luck NorCal. We have family in SF and Santa Cruz so we are aware of the situation. I am going to Mammoth Ski resort soon so the snow situation is great, but obviously not without consequences.

We need to build up this forum where it is a valuable repository for Camaro knowledge. Eventually, as the cars run out of warranty especially, we will get more participation from Camaro owners.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #12
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Good luck NorCal. We have family in SF and Santa Cruz so we are aware of the situation. I am going to Mammoth Ski resort soon so the snow situation is great, but obviously not without consequences.

We need to build up this forum where it is a valuable repository for Camaro knowledge. Eventually, as the cars run out of warranty especially, we will get more participation from Camaro owners.
Thanks. This season has been crazy with almost 300% more rain than usual. Snow pack in the Sierras is off the hook. When I have the chance I will write up some DiY's.

I have a coating install comming up, as well as some coating correction work, and aftercare as well. Take care.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #13
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
Thanks Sledgehammer70
I appreciate you taking the time to make the videos, Good info...I have to get some of that wheel spray for my black rims. Where do you get it?
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
bdougwrx

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue RS V6 A8, 09 Civic EX
Very nice, I always enjoy you vids Lethal!

Last edited by bdougwrx; 02-16-2017 at 06:30 PM.
bdougwrx is offline   Reply With Quote