Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 07-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #55805
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
We have to log in...

Can you upload one here with using the paperclip icon.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:39 PM   #55806
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Let's try again....

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  163.8 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  164.2 KB

Waiting on the front splitter. Evidently they for got to ship it with the car.
Also the dealer swore the dark finish tails would be included, so they are standing behind that and ordering them.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #55807
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Yea baby !!
I think the dark tails are on 1SS , 2SS and the RS package only.

I can see you all the way from my house !
Old 07-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #55808
ws6roars

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I got caught out by this too on my 2020 Shock LT1. I ordered the car (through Becky! in February. I built the car on the Chevrolet web site several times, on different computers. In every rear picture, the taillights were smoked, the fin was black, and when I added red brake calipers, both the front and rear were red. When the car arrived, it had red taillights, shock fin and only front red calipers. I worked with Becky to get the taillights changed out. I might paint the rear calipers myself at a later date. There are definitely some bugs on the chevy build web site. Anyone need a driver's side red taillight?
Old 07-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #55809
indy82z

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HW Edition, 2020 LT1
Nice!! 95 Imp, what are your plans for it? I am hoping my LT1 arrives this week. I am polishing a set of 2020 SS Carbon Flash wheels in my living room as I type this that I will be putting on mine as soon as it arrives. Outside of that, and possibly a spoiler swap (depends how I like the one that comes on the car), my plan is to keep her stock for a while.

Ya, the Chevy site got me on the taillights too. I was excited when I built it online and saw the smoked, but assumed they would be red when it showed up. Not sure if I will change those out or not. I would if they were free, but hard to justify the money for that.
2018 Camaro SS Hot Wheels Edition #838
Old 07-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #55810
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Let's try again....
Old 07-12-2020, 09:37 PM   #55811
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Very nice car. Did you get the 10 speed auto?
Quote:
Let's try again....

Attachment 1037935

Attachment 1037936

Attachment 1037937

Waiting on the front splitter. Evidently they for got to ship it with the car.
Also the dealer swore the dark finish tails would be included, so they are standing behind that and ordering them.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #55812
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
He got the 6 speed manual.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:17 PM   #55813
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
Yea baby !!
I think the dark tails are on 1SS , 2SS and the RS package only.

I can see you all the way from my house !
It shows them on the configurator. The sales manager and another guy (order manager) said that all the V8's came with them when I ordered it. I told him dark tails or no deal.

He remembered the convo and said he'd put them on. Oddly, there is no dark tint taillamp box to check when you configure a LT1. It does automatically pop up in the pic though.

Oh, ya... I always find this car in the parking lot. No wandering around for hours trying to remember where you parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6roars View Post
I got caught out by this too on my 2020 Shock LT1. I ordered the car (through Becky! in February. I built the car on the Chevrolet web site several times, on different computers. In every rear picture, the taillights were smoked, the fin was black, and when I added red brake calipers, both the front and rear were red. When the car arrived, it had red taillights, shock fin and only front red calipers. I worked with Becky to get the taillights changed out. There are definitely some bugs on the chevy build web site.
On my options list it said "black fin" becuase I ordered the BM center stripe. I was kinda bummed it was in shock, but I can live with it. I never checked for red calipers. I wanted mine to look as V6 as possible. I'm eventually gonna remove the LT1 badges (as cool as they are) and get RS badges instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy82z View Post
Nice!! 95 Imp, what are your plans for it? I am hoping my LT1 arrives this week. I am polishing a set of 2020 SS Carbon Flash wheels in my living room as I type this that I will be putting on mine as soon as it arrives. Outside of that, and possibly a spoiler swap (depends how I like the one that comes on the car), my plan is to keep her stock for a while.

Ya, the Chevy site got me on the taillights too. I was excited when I built it online and saw the smoked, but assumed they would be red when it showed up. Not sure if I will change those out or not. I would if they were free, but hard to justify the money for that.
Sounds sweet with those rims! I hope you get it too. I'm having a blast with mine so far.
I got lucky asking the Sales Manager about them, otherwise I'd be stuck with red. They are expensive. You can get like new ones on EBay. Several wrecked cars still have pristine tails and they are going cheaper than new.

Plans? Waiting on the missing parts to come in and getting the clear bra. The dealer (surprisingly) beat the quotes I had.

I have the nextspeed blackout marker lamps and smoked/clear bumper reflectors to put on. A shock colored manifold cover. I'm thinking about eliminating the factory catch can and going to a "road draft tube" set up to eliminate the coked intake valves. Also have to look at the fresh air intake mod.

Tint will be next major gig and then some rims and DR's. I bought used headers/exhaust. Also got the skip shift eleiminator and need to get the Hurst shifter, but those mods are going to wait a bit. The tach died today (and then came back to life)
as well as all the warning lights on the cluster illuminating flickering on and off at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Very nice car. Did you get the 10 speed auto?
No. The 6M. I rented a 2SS convert w/A10. Every time I manually shifted I got lost in the gears.
I felt like I was playing a Nintendo game tapping the "A" button cycling down to a gear to accelerate with. Plus, "the guys in Detroit" (nanny) seem to drive with an A10. Not as bad as the hellcat, but they are still there Also, rumor is the 202 A10's aren't programable yet.

That being said, it is a wicked tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Haha... Every once in a while I get lucky

Thanks everyone the compliments!
Old 07-13-2020, 03:40 AM   #55814
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Good morning Joe....

Did you have a nice weekend?

Dan
Old 07-13-2020, 03:50 AM   #55815
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Good morning Joe....

Did you have a nice weekend?

Dan
Good Morning Dan

It was ok..

Sarah & I are leaving soon
For GingerMan.

Have a Good Day
Joe
Old 07-13-2020, 04:53 AM   #55816
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP@TeamBeckyD View Post
Good Morning Dan

It was ok..

Sarah & I are leaving soon
For GingerMan.

Have a Good Day
Joe
We are operating with a skeleton crew and too many people were already off. I would have loved to attend. I hope it's a great turnout!
Old 07-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #55817
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Stop in at the BeckyD Memorial Thread for live video link.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=45

Old 07-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #55818
Krimsonkid30

Drives: 2020 chevrolet camaro
Hi Joe,

I am just checking in. My Order Number is XTDMCG. Sorry to be a bother but this is my Father's day / birthday present and I am really excited.

How often should I check in?

Thank you,
Chris

Closed Thread

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@jamesmartinchevy, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet