Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

AWE Tuning

Old 02-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #57
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Chicago/Orland Park checking again.
Attached Images

MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:08 PM   #58
killervette666

Drives: 1979 Corvette
Hi all! northsider here in Evanston!

Would actually like to ask for a little favor, I've got a 17 1SS but I'm in the process of upgrading to a ZL1. My wife really likes the cloth seats in my SS and I'm a little worried about the Recaros being a little too firm/tight with the side bolsters. Anyone in the area that has an SS 1LE or ZL1 that we could stop by and have her have a seat for a bit? Just want to make sure she's comfortable with them before making the jump and we wouldn't even have to drive it or anything. I'm doing a private purchase from the East Coast on a really good deal so there's not a chance to test drive it first and the dealerships won't even let you touch a ZL1 without an hour of negotiation and a credit check. Thanks!
Attached Images

killervette666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #59
Lugnutty

Drives: 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette666 View Post
Hi all! northsider here in Evanston!

... Anyone in the area that has an SS 1LE or ZL1 that we could stop by and have her have a seat for a bit?
I work in Evanston and I drive the Camaro (2018 1SS 1LE) to work pretty often. Let me know when you want to see it, I can definitely arrange something. Always nice to meet another friendly Camaro driver
Lugnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #60
Stefano

Drives: 6th Gen NicKey Camaro & others.
Check out the Chicagonextgen.com club. Lots of fun guys and gals.
Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #61
Lugnutty

Drives: 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
Check out the Chicagonextgen.com club. Lots of fun guys and gals.
Looks like the site is down with a database error. :(
Lugnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #62
PhreddT
Drive fast, take chances.

Drives: 69 Z/28, 85 SS Monte, 01 2500HD
Just found this thread scrolling down to look at CF VIII info.
Lookin to put the machine back on the road Sunday
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #63
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Does anyone nearby have a borla s-type or atak installed? I think I want to buy one of these in the next couple of months but would really like to hear them in person.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #64
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
Does anyone nearby have a borla s-type or atak installed? I think I want to buy one of these in the next couple of months but would really like to hear them in person.
Not private, but Autoshowcase on North Ave in Carol Stream has a 50th Anniversary 2SS with a full cat-back ATAK system. It's loud!
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #65
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
Not private, but Autoshowcase on North Ave in Carol Stream has a 50th Anniversary 2SS with a full cat-back ATAK system. It's loud!
I wonder if they’d entertain me if I showed up and asked. I really need to hear one of these before pulling the trigger. I like loud but there’s a point where it becomes obnoxious. I’ve also heard feedback that it sounds more exotic compare to the s-type. Not sure what to think and YouTube videos aren’t enough.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #66
trohde78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
I wonder if they’d entertain me if I showed up and asked. I really need to hear one of these before pulling the trigger. I like loud but there’s a point where it becomes obnoxious. I’ve also heard feedback that it sounds more exotic compare to the s-type. Not sure what to think and YouTube videos aren’t enough.
It sounds really good. But, in my opinion, it was a little over the top for the 7am early morning start up. They are very laid back there and I have never had issues test driving their vehicles. Just not sure how comfortable you would be knowing that you have no plans to purchase.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #67
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
It sounds really good. But, in my opinion, it was a little over the top for the 7am early morning start up. They are very laid back there and I have never had issues test driving their vehicles. Just not sure how comfortable you would be knowing that you have no plans to purchase.
If you don’t like that at 7am, don’t come by my house around 4:30 if I’m driving the car to work. Basically 3” straight pipe to the rear axle is a bunch louder. Luckily my neighbors are cool.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #68
trohde78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
If you don’t like that at 7am, don’t come by my house around 4:30 if I’m driving the car to work. Basically 3” straight pipe to the rear axle is a bunch louder. Luckily my neighbors are cool.
HAHA! OK, it's probably not that loud, but I would still recommend cold startup with the garage door closed on the ATAK.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #69
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Now that the weather is hopefully getting better, we really should have a little get together. It might actually be nice to meet fellow Camaro owners. Everyone I know is too cheap to buy one. Lol
Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #70
PhreddT
Drive fast, take chances.

Drives: 69 Z/28, 85 SS Monte, 01 2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
Now that the weather is hopefully getting better, we really should have a little get together. It might actually be nice to meet fellow Camaro owners. Everyone I know is too cheap to buy one. Lol
Got mine out for the first time last Sunday. I was zippin around the Carol Stream, Glendale Heights, West Chicago area. Starting to see more and more nice rides out. I got an email a day or so ago from St Charles Chamber of Commerce releasing their Cruise Night calendar, first night is Tuesday April 24th. There is usually a big showing of 5th Gen's, would like to see some 6 Gen's this year. Are you in the area?