#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-05-2015, 12:01 AM   #15
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Fun fact: He also oversaw development of the Pontiac Aztek. Seems like the guy is on a role so far for designing controversial rear ends, including on the 2016 Camaro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Aztek

Sangyup Lee, a South Korean, was primarily responsible for the 2010 Camaro concept. He actually left GM for Volkswagen right after the car went into production, and ever since, people have been screwing with the design. IMO, I'd prefer the Camaro stand out on its own and regain some of the concept-car feel, rather than being a mini Corvette. Bring back the quad tail lamps.
More fun facts: Tom Peters as head of an exterior studio team is also credited with styling the C6, current Silverado and the 5th Gen Camaro of which Mr. Lee was a member. His team has also been responsible for the Corvette Indy, Pontiac Banshee, Cadillac Sixteen and the aforementioned Camaro concepts.
External styling is many things to many people and ultimately up to the eye of the beholder.

I'm not sure how the larger in every dimension Camaro is seen as a mini Corvette.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #16
G8DUDE

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
The styling cues from the C7 is what has me drooling over this new generation Camaro. I haven't been in a camaro since my 1997 Z28. Nothing against the 5th generation, great throwback look but not sleek enough for me.
G8DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote