Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #29
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Um no. GM must have a little different definition of 'cargo' then most people. To them cargo must be like pencil or a single small screw driver. Thats about all that would fit in their 'cargo' net.
Wow, now that I come to think of how small that panel (held with the 4 plastic bolts) is, I'm worried that it might be too small for actual usage.

I bought that net hoping to use it for a couple of grocery bags or a couple of bottles of wine...
Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #30
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I use an old plastic milk crate to hold the bag of brake parts I got with my SS and a plug in tire inflator. I can put other small items in the crate as well. It keeps everything from being tossed around in the trunk while driving but takes up some room when trying to load big items in the trunk. Guess we aren't supposed to use our Camaros like a truck! I know my 2010 SS had way more room in the trunk compared to my '16!
My 3rd gen and 4th gen camaro's didn't have trunks. They had hatch back areas that you could choose to put your T-Tops in or some small items but the 2016 has multiples more room. The opening is small but the interior space is pretty significant for a camaro.

A collapsible solution seems to be the best bet. Holds the stuff when you have it back there and can be folded flat when not for needing to hold big stuff.

Brake parts should be in the garage or some closet. Not really something you'll ever need "on the road" so no point in driving around with them.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #31
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I use an old plastic milk crate to hold the bag of brake parts I got with my SS and a plug in tire inflator. I can put other small items in the crate as well. It keeps everything from being tossed around in the trunk while driving but takes up some room when trying to load big items in the trunk. Guess we aren't supposed to use our Camaros like a truck! I know my 2010 SS had way more room in the trunk compared to my '16!
Years ago, my uncle gave me an "organizer" that was a little flat rectangular zippered nylon case with velcro on the bottom, to keep it in place in a carpeted trunk. I assume that sort of thing is still available.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #32
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
Installation instructions for the cargo net...

EPSON023.PDF
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #33
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
My 3rd gen and 4th gen camaro's didn't have trunks. They had hatch back areas that you could choose to put your T-Tops in or some small items but the 2016 has multiples more room. The opening is small but the interior space is pretty significant for a camaro.

A collapsible solution seems to be the best bet. Holds the stuff when you have it back there and can be folded flat when not for needing to hold big stuff.

Brake parts should be in the garage or some closet. Not really something you'll ever need "on the road" so no point in driving around with them.
I found my 3rd gen and 4th gen were much more useful. Throw the back seat down and you basically had a wagon, albeit not a huge one, but you could fit a ton more in it it seemed.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #34
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Yep the cargo net is pretty much useless, other than storing a few cleaning supplies.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #35
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet757 View Post
Yep the cargo net is pretty much useless, other than storing a few cleaning supplies.
Agreed. I use mine to hold the Slime tire repair kit when I am not using the run flats.

Almost useless.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #36
Moc96
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I want to set up a strap or two in my trunk to hold a small suitcase-like box from moving around and tipping over as I drive. Toward that end, are the RECEIVING threads in the trunk metal? If so, would put a couple of eye bolts in them and then use some kind of bungee or tie-down straps.
This is what I did. Swinging d-rings on car, eye hooks into storage bin and s-biners to connect the two. Easy on, easy off.
Attached Images

Moc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #37
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc96 View Post
This is what I did. Swinging d-rings on car, eye hooks into storage bin and s-biners to connect the two. Easy on, easy off.
Trying to understand your picture. Can you take a picture from further away? Please. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #38
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Thought I'd share TopHatPlus's install video in case it helps

Red Devil's Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #39
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Years ago, my uncle gave me an "organizer" that was a little flat rectangular zippered nylon case with velcro on the bottom, to keep it in place in a carpeted trunk. I assume that sort of thing is still available.
Yes - they exist in various configurations. I have one in the Gen 5 right now - will transfer over to the 6. Velcro bottom strips, folds in one side at a time if needed.. couple of stretchy pockets on the outside.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #40
Moc96
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thought the close up would be better. How's this one? I can take more tomorrow, from other angles, if you need. Let me know.
Attached Images

Moc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #41
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc96 View Post
Thought the close up would be better. How's this one? I can take more tomorrow, from other angles, if you need. Let me know.
Got it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #42
FASTJEW

Drives: 2016 2SS Summit White
This has been working really well for me...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446218