Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 09-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #197
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
OH, please. Read the posts on Mustang forum and comparisons.. It's far worse.
link please haha
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #198
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I don't care if C&D ran in 1842 with a donkey driving it, the EcoBoost PP is not going to make up 11.6 seconds on a 3 minute course.

If you are comparing the V6 1LE with the GTPP, same driver same day is needed, yes, BUT, if you need the same driver same day to compare the V6 1LE with the GTPP, the Camaro already won, simply because you have to go to such lengths to find out which is faster. It shouldn't even be a question which is faster, but it is. The Mustang has almost 100HP more. That speaks volumes about the handling characteristics of the V6 1LE. Let's not forget that VIR is a big course too. It's not like they are racing around traffic cones in a Walmart Parking lot in this test.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #199
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Can we then assume a GTPP is as fast or faster than a Gen5 1LE since that test was also was on a different day and different time?
Its insignificant to me whether or not the V6 1LE can or can not best the GTPP. The fact that its in the neighborhood says enough. Add the gross margin that it out ran the EcoBoost and the picture is clear. The platforms are in different leagues. To your point, the gen6 S550 appears to stack better against the gen5 Zeta than the gen6 Alpha.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #200
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Can we then assume a GTPP is as fast or faster than a Gen5 1LE since that test was also was on a different day and different time?
I see the GT at 4 seconds behind the 5th gen.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #201
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
11.6 seconds is a solid ass kicking and besting the much more powerful GT shows how good it is. You can't just dismiss it as a different day.

C&D praised the V6 1LE as being absolutely stuck to the road and uninterruptable. All it needs is more power... the SS 1LE
Agree, 11.6 seconds is huge.

They most certainly did not best the GTPP however.

Again, there is a reason they don't post these times with drivers names. No-one really knows who these drivers are.

It is my understanding also that the track underwent some widening/construction within the last year as well.

My point was, until there is a back to back done with the same driver on the same day, no-one really knows what these times really mean. We can make an assumption that they are close, but in all reality they can be several seconds off.

I'm nut putting down any vehicle, but ya'll seem to follow magazine times like a bunch of lemmings.

I personally don't care if a 1leV6 can keep up with the GTPP on any tracks, as that is not the reason I purchased it. It's most likely easier to drive at the limit (which it should be), so a reasonable assumption is...on many tracks, amateur drivers would likely put up similar or better numbers in it than even the GTPP.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #202
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Correct

Quote:
The numbers don't lie. You're the magazine racer. You gotta use them.

Quote:

I'm nut putting down any vehicle, but ya'll seem to follow magazine times like a bunch of lemmings.
We learned from you.

Quote:
I personally don't care if a 1leV6 can keep up with the GTPP on any tracks, .
Clearly you do it's making you sad.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #203
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I don't care if C&D ran in 1842 with a donkey driving it, the EcoBoost PP is not going to make up 11.6 seconds on a 3 minute course.

If you are comparing the V6 1LE with the GTPP, same driver same day is needed, yes, BUT, if you need the same driver same day to compare the V6 1LE with the GTPP, the Camaro already won, simply because you have to go to such lengths to find out which is faster. It shouldn't even be a question which is faster, but it is. The Mustang has almost 100HP more. That speaks volumes about the handling characteristics of the V6 1LE. Let's not forget that VIR is a big course too. It's not like they are racing around traffic cones in a Walmart Parking lot in this test.
That's how I feel
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #204
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Was there any proof of this? considering ho long this car has been out, you would think there would be some video.
Well you don't know me but I can make up a tall tale to entertain kids and entertain them but what do I gain here? If you are that worried if a Coyote automatic can run 12.4s read through the two drag racing threads in my sig and then call me out in a new thread. What proof do you have I am making this up? And I guess what difference does it make anyway? Sorry for digressing this thread. Fraxum out.

Oh but back on topic, the new 1LEs are exciting! Looking forward to the track videos and autoX reports.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #205
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
so impresive... so close to the 350R....
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #206
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Again, there is a reason they don't post these times with drivers names. No-one really knows who these drivers are.

It is my understanding also that the track underwent some widening/construction within the last year as well.

My point was, until there is a back to back done with the same driver on the same day, no-one really knows what these times really mean. We can make an assumption that they are close, but in all reality they can be several seconds off.

I personally don't care if a 1leV6 can keep up with the GTPP on any tracks, as that is not the reason I purchased it. It's most likely easier to drive at the limit (which it should be), so a reasonable assumption is...on many tracks, amateur drivers would likely put up similar or better numbers in it than even the GTPP.
Pill (Uhmm, I mean Mustang Fanboy), the resurface in 2016 took place after the LL...Sorry!
Old 09-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #207
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:

Actually they do. The videos posted provide the names of the drivers and what position they hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #208
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:

Reading between the lines here, you are saying that a heavier car with more power is easier to drive.

That is debatable, but usually not true.

MORE power is easier to deal with on a handling course than less?

"Throttle modulation" is a big deal with power cars. One in which typically causes people that drive powerful cars to drive SLOWER because they are either afraid of the car's limits or spin the tires excessively.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #209
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
They did mix up the drivers so its not exactly a level playing field for all the cars, but the cars I'm interested in were mostly driven by Tony Quiroga. The VIR times are still helpful, the videos show who the drivers were.

Tony drove the following cars
V6 1LE
Audi
SS 1LE
Cayman
Gt350r
Grandsport

Josh drove
Focus
M2

KC drove
M4GTS

Aaron drove
NSX
Lexus RCF

So pretty much the same driver, same skill level. (not sure what his skill level is from the videos, any comments??)

Now if we could only get all the cars on the same tires. Most of the faster cars were on $500 dollar a piece cup 2 tires. If the 1LE had cup 2's I think they would have shaved another 1 or 2 seconds off the laps.
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:59 AM   #210
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post

"Throttle modulation" is a big deal with power cars. One in which typically causes people that drive powerful cars to drive SLOWER because they are either afraid of the car's limits or spin the tires excessively.
Bingo

Raced around a track years ago in a mazda, 180 hp, more than enough to have fun and not get into trouble.
Last month took the SS out on a track...Holy Shit!!... What you said above is exactly what I Was feeling.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote