Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #337
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I thought the V6 went from 306 to 323...
It did, but it's also a different engine. I was talking more about the V8 though.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #338
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
Any whispers or hopes that there could be substantial Camaro news at the Chicago Auto Show?
Chicago is easily the lamest of the major auto shows.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:33 AM   #339
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
OK Chicago’s out , what’s our next best guess
NY as the 2014 refresh was released at NY in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:39 AM   #340
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well that and it seems GM doesn’t really care to reveal stuff at auto shows anymore.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 PM   #341
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Why would you say that? I cannot say that Ive been to any of the other major auto shows, so i cannot compare. I do feel that it is a very good show though. Always a number of new debuts their, cool enourmous Dodge/Jeep indoor offroad track (theyve been doing for quite a number of years now). Mercedes brought their cool "offraod" wall to show off the G-wagon last year. Always lots of things goung on there.....
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:45 AM   #342
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
It did, but it's also a different engine. I was talking more about the V8 though.
Ahhhh gotcha!!! Yeah I doubt they do anything with the LT1 on the refresh
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:14 AM   #343
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The extra factor is CAFE. so if they make changes for the silverado ecotecs, they might not drag ass getting it to,us, as they might've in the past.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #344
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Why would you say that? I cannot say that Ive been to any of the other major auto shows, so i cannot compare. I do feel that it is a very good show though. Always a number of new debuts their, cool enourmous Dodge/Jeep indoor offroad track (theyve been doing for quite a number of years now). Mercedes brought their cool "offraod" wall to show off the G-wagon last year. Always lots of things goung on there.....
Chicago was the first “show” for the 1LE in 2016. That’s when I saw the M2 for the first time also.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #345
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
When I was at GM, I went to / sent people to all of the major car shows. Chicago was always an after-thought. Partly because we could drive to it on a whim, partly because automakers got away from introducing performance variants at Chicago to introducing them at Detroit, New York, and off-circuit. We always sent people to LA, NYC, Paris and Frankfurt (they alternate) and Beijing / Shanghai (they alternate), and of course Detroit.

In terms of exhibits and customer fun stuff, Chicago does a really good job. McCormick is huge and allows car makers a lot of flexibility. But our primary reason for attending major shows was for the press conferences and technology reveals. Chicago doesn't have a lot of either of those these days.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #346
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Chicago was the first “show” for the 1LE in 2016. That’s when I saw the M2 for the first time also.
Correct, also was the debut for the 5th gen ZL1 and I think the C6 Z06. Possibly the return of the 5th gen, concept in '09-ish.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #347
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Correct, also was the debut for the 5th gen ZL1 and I think the C6 Z06. Possibly the return of the 5th gen, concept in '09-ish.
The 5th Gen Camaro Concept debuted in 2005 at Detroit. It was one of three concepts that Bob Lutz muscled through the GM Concept Vehicle process that eventually made it to production. The other two were the Solstice and the Volt. All three were threatened with cancellation several times throughout the development process, but Lutz pretty much bullied them through to production.

Camaro and Solstice arrived very similar to the concepts. Volt looked a lot different than the concept, mainly for aero reasons. When the concept was put in the wind tunnel after it was shown at the show, the wind tunnel operators thought the designers had put the car in the tunnel backward as a joke. That's how bad the aero numbers were for the concept.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...amaro-concept/
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #348
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The 5th Gen Camaro Concept debuted in 2005 at Detroit. It was one of three concepts that Bob Lutz muscled through the GM Concept Vehicle process that eventually made it to production. The other two were the Solstice and the Volt. All three were threatened with cancellation several times throughout the development process, but Lutz pretty much bullied them through to production.

Camaro and Solstice arrived very similar to the concepts. Volt looked a lot different than the concept, mainly for aero reasons. When the concept was put in the wind tunnel after it was shown at the show, the wind tunnel operators thought the designers had put the car in the tunnel backward as a joke. That's how bad the aero numbers were for the concept.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...amaro-concept/

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:03 PM   #349
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Volt looked a lot different than the concept, mainly for aero reasons. When the concept was put in the wind tunnel after it was shown at the show, the wind tunnel operators thought the designers had put the car in the tunnel backward as a joke. That's how bad the aero numbers were for the concept.
Interestingly enough, the final product ended up looking much better than the concept. I leased a '14 Volt up until last June, it was a great vehicle. And the main reason I bought it was due to engineering. I really wish it was marketed differently, they would have sold more units.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote