Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
5th Gen 6th gen comparisons please! !

I'm hearing a lot about your new purchases which is great but can anyone tell me the difference between the 5th gen and 6th as far as performance goes if you previously had one?
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
+1. Besides the bigger websites that due full-blown reviews and are very numbers-focused, what does the average person feel driving this car compared to the 5th gen? Can you feel the extra 50HP and 200 or so LBs of weight savings? Or is it too little to really notice under normal driving situations (accelerating to 60-70 on the highway, etc.)?
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
+1. Besides the bigger websites that due full-blown reviews and are very numbers-focused, what does the average person feel driving this car compared to the 5th gen? Can you feel the extra 50HP and 200 or so LBs of weight savings? Or is it too little to really notice under normal driving situations (accelerating to 60-70 on the highway, etc.)?
Thank you for the back up I need to know this information sooooooooooooooo bad.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Nobody has them yet. It's going to be a few.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
My friend got his a few days ago, traded in a '14 SS. He said the difference is beyond huge...he said in his words, not mine, that it makes his '14 "feel like a turd" lol. He said the new car is just faster, more composed, lighter on it's feet, and the interior is night and day. He has almost 1000 miles on it already...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
That's understanding but if I previously had one I would know the different from driving the first day if it felt much faster if it feels much lighter if it handled better it wouldn't take me but a day or two to realize
If it really was that much of a difference
Old 12-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #7
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
My friend got his a few days ago, traded in a '14 SS. He said the difference is beyond huge...he said in his words, not mine, that it makes his '14 "feel like a turd" lol. He said the new car is just faster, more composed, lighter on it's feet, and the interior is night and day. He has almost 1000 miles on it already...
Thank God for you that is all I wanted to know geezz
Old 12-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #8
Pyrobano

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE summit white
I'm glad that Chevy got back in the game! I don't have any complaints on my turd lol, it's fast enough for me, maybe I'll purchase the 7th gen and keep my 5th haha but for the guys that are trading, congrats. Can't wait to see them at my local strip.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

[QUOTE=Pyrobano;8766374]I'm glad that Chevy got back in the game! I don't have any complaints on my turd lol, it's fast enough for me, maybe I'll purchase the 7th gen and keep my 5th haha but for the guys that are trading, congrats. Can't wait
Old 12-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #10
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
erm no
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
I have a 2012 45th anniversary 2SS that I bought new and have been driving as a fun car for the last three years to the tune of about 32K miles.

As soon as I saw the first pics of the 2016 I knew I was hooked. I’ve been searching dealers around me for a couple of weeks now and finally found one locally that had a loaded 2SS Auto with MRC and the NPP.

Car was White with Jet black interior and silver wheels and looked killer but at almost $49K I had about $4K of options I don’t want or need.

We took the car out and the sales person let me drive it for as long as I wanted and encouraged me to “get on it” so I did more than a couple of times. Over all I put about 10 mile on it.

As for a comparison to my loaded 2012.

The size of the car is immediately apparent. The large cowl of the 5th gen has been lowered. It’s still there but it’s easier to see over. The side windows actually feel smaller but somehow the visibility seems slightly better.

The 2016 is smaller inside. A lot smaller but all of the hard plastic is gone and in its place is nicely padded cushions for your arms on the doors, arm rest and knees so it’s not as bad resting on them. The new interior is lite years ahead of the 5th gen cars. I love my 2012 but it feels like it was built in 1980 compared to the new car.

Power and weight wise. The car is much more nimble. It feels like it’s lost a lot more than 200lbs. The steering is much more direct and nicely weighted unlike the overly heavy feel of the 5th gen. Obviously I didn’t do any timed runs but it feels like the 16 got to 60 about a second faster than my 2012 and seemed a lot less labored is doing so.

I’m glad I got to drive a car with MRC as I’m now absolutely sure it’s unnecessary for me. We played with the different setting and I just didn’t feel that the difference in setting was worth the cost of entry. Add in the fact that I will most likely never track the car other than in a straight line and it’s a waste of money for me.

The NPP sounded good closed and absolutely awesome once opened up so this options will be a must have for me.

That's about it. I'm going to be buying sometime in 2016. Maybe toward the end of the year to take advantage of the year end deals. That will give me time to sell my 2012 as well.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I have a 2012 45th anniversary 2SS that I bought new and have been driving as a fun car for the last three years to the tune of about 32K miles.

As soon as I saw the first pics of the 2016 I knew I was hooked. I’ve been searching dealers around me for a couple of weeks now and finally found one locally that had a loaded 2SS Auto

Car was White with Jet black interior and silver wheels and looked killer but at almost $49K I had about $4K of options I don’t want or need.

We took the car out and the sales person let me drive it for as long as I wanted and encouraged me to “get on it” so I did more than a couple of times. Over all I put about 10 mile on it.

As for a comparison to my loaded 2012.

The size of the car is immediately apparent. The large cowl of the 5th gen has been lowered. It’s still there but it’s easier to see over. The side windows actually feel smaller but somehow the visibility seems slightly better.

The 2016 is smaller inside. A lot smaller but all of the hard plastic is gone and in its place is nicely padded cushions for your arms on the doors, arm rest and knees so it’s not as bad resting on them. The new interior is lite years ahead of the 5th gen cars. I love my 2012 but it feels like it was built in 1980 compared to the new car.

Power and weight wise. The car is much more nimble. It feels like it’s lost a lot more than 200lbs. The steering is much more direct and nicely weighted unlike the overly heavy feel of the 5th gen. Obviously I didn’t do any timed runs but it feels like the 16 got to 60 about a second faster than my 2012 and seemed a lot less labored is doing so.

I’m glad I got to drive a car with MRC as I’m now absolutely sure it’s unnecessary for me. We played with the different setting and I just didn’t feel that the difference in setting was worth the cost of entry. Add in the fact that I will most likely never track the car other than in a straight line and it’s a waste of money for me.

The NPP sounded good closed and absolutely awesome once opened up so this options will be a must have for me.

That's about it. I'm going to be buying sometime in 2016. Maybe toward the end of the year to take advantage of the year end deals. That will give me time to sell my 2012 as well.
woww.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I'll have to test drive one soon. I don't want to get rid of my 5th gen any time soon due to the amount of work I put into it, some of which would have to be undone to make it more suitable for sale. I also can't complain about the price — it cost about half as much as a new 2016 2SS when I got it used in 2013, and it was fully loaded.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #14
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
erm no
So far, maybe three people that we know of have them.

Erm... yeah.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote